Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 11:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Has anyone ever had their GMAT cancelled due to bad weather?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Has anyone ever had their GMAT cancelled due to bad weather? [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 06:58
I take it this Saturday and they're predicting terrible weather starting on Friday. The people at Pearson were really unhelpful in giving me any information about the office not being open or tests being cancelled on Saturday. Has anyone had this happen?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 109 [0], given: 46

Re: Has anyone ever had their GMAT cancelled due to bad weather? [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 08:04
Sorry dear. Have not heard of anything like this. But if you think you can not drive to the center due to bad weather, I think its better to postpone.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2296

Kudos [?]: 9051 [0], given: 3678

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Has anyone ever had their GMAT cancelled due to bad weather? [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 08:22
Expert's post
sehamm33 wrote:
I take it this Saturday and they're predicting terrible weather starting on Friday. The people at Pearson were really unhelpful in giving me any information about the office not being open or tests being cancelled on Saturday. Has anyone had this happen?

Never heard of it.... of course that does not mean it does not exist :)

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

Re: Has anyone ever had their GMAT cancelled due to bad weather? [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 08:24
consider calling\writing to GMAC... not sure what are the terms & conditions for intermittent weather conditions... obviously postponing may be a good option...!

...not sure by getting GMAC to agree can save you last minute charges...! take it as an opportunity :)
Intern
Intern

Re: Has anyone ever had their GMAT cancelled due to bad weather? [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 09:38
I found this on the mba website

The GMAT exam is administered in an individualized
environment with separate workstations.
The test room is subject to audio/video recording.
On occasion, weather conditions or other
circumstances beyond the control of the test
center or Pearson VUE may require a delayed
start or the rescheduling of your test appointment.
If technical problems caused by the test
center or Pearson VUE necessitate canceling
your test session or prevent reporting of your
scores, you will be offered the opportunity to
schedule another test appointment free of charge
or receive a full refund of the original test fee.

Guess now I just wait and see how bad it really gets....bummer as I was looking forward to finally having this over with!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

Re: Has anyone ever had their GMAT cancelled due to bad weather? [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 10:48
that's nice dig...

may be a good idea to give your center a call and run this scenario by them... they may be able to tell you in the event of reschedule... what needs to be done next...

help to reduce the anxiety...!

ATB...may Angel700+ guards your GMAT...! Good Luck.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 6

Re: Has anyone ever had their GMAT cancelled due to bad weather? [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2010, 14:36
I got an email last night informing me that I can reschedule my GMAT at no cost due to the weather. I'm kinda bummed out bc I was really ready to take it...
Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Has anyone ever had their GMAT cancelled due to bad weather? [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2010, 11:25
That's too bad that you have to reschedule. Especially if you were feeling prepared. Just keep doing what you are doing and I'm sure you will be ready when the time comes for the test to be rescheduled. Best of luck to you in the future!
Re: Has anyone ever had their GMAT cancelled due to bad weather?   [#permalink] 11 Feb 2010, 11:25