Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 22:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Has anyone taken gmat at chennai center & scored above 700 ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Has anyone taken gmat at chennai center & scored above 700 ? [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2013, 09:36
Hi Friends,

Have anyone of you taken gmat exam at chennai gmac exam and have scored more than 700 ? Please clarify. The reason why I am asking is that lot of my friends ( approx 20 ) had taken gmat at this center recently and got scores which are lower than their average scores in manhattan and GMAT prep tests. None of my friends have scored more than 700 in the actual test despite scoring 750-760 marks in their manhattan and gprep tests. So I was wondering whether everyone is facing this issue and whether there is a problem with this center's gmac software especially w.r.t grading. Requesting people to kindly share their good gmat experience in the recent past at this center as I am thinking whether to book my gmat slot at this center or select some other center.

Thanks,

Hari
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GRE 1: 1480 Q800 V680

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 5

Re: Has anyone taken gmat at chennai center & scored above 700 ? [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2013, 05:39
harikris08 wrote:
Hi Friends,

Have anyone of you taken gmat exam at chennai gmac exam and have scored more than 700 ? Please clarify. The reason why I am asking is that lot of my friends ( approx 20 ) had taken gmat at this center recently and got scores which are lower than their average scores in manhattan and GMAT prep tests. None of my friends have scored more than 700 in the actual test despite scoring 750-760 marks in their manhattan and gprep tests. So I was wondering whether everyone is facing this issue and whether there is a problem with this center's gmac software especially w.r.t grading. Requesting people to kindly share their good gmat experience in the recent past at this center as I am thinking whether to book my gmat slot at this center or select some other center.

Thanks,

Hari

Hi..I took the GMAT this week at the Chennai center and scored a 730 (was scoring arnd 760 in the MGMAT and GMATprep tests). Though i did score a little less that i hoped for, i attribute that to test day fatigue as i had a hard time concentrating in the last 30 mts.
Hope that helps.
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 67

Kudos [?]: 717 [0], given: 116

Premium Member
Re: Has anyone taken gmat at chennai center & scored above 700 ? [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2013, 05:42
I think it is highly unlikely that the algorithm at one center will differ from any of the others.. After all isn't it just simpler to have the test standard across all locations rather than having it vary from one place to other? Although I do think it is absurd that they have so much free parking space and wont let you park your car there...

Did you find this post helpful?... Please let me know through the Kudos button.

Thanks To The Almighty - My GMAT Debrief

GMAT Reading Comprehension: 7 Most Common Passage Types

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GPA: 3.3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Re: Has anyone taken gmat at chennai center & scored above 700 ? [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2013, 00:50
harikris08 wrote:
Hi Friends,

Thanks,

Hari

I took gmat sep 2 scored 610 . I hoped that i will get more than 700. Even another friend of mine who was scoring 700 and above in mocks got 580.

The interesting thing is both of us got 49 in Quants . It is verbal whre we got low score.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 2.9
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Has anyone taken gmat at chennai center & scored above 700 ? [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2013, 20:52
harikris08 wrote:
Hi Friends,

Thanks,

Hari

Hi Hari,

I myself took the GMAT at the Chennai Centre (Nelson Manickam Road). I scored 760. I know a friend who scored 720 and another acquanitance who scored 770. So I don't think the scores should change at all based on the location. Incidentally I took my GMAT once 6 years ago in Chennai and scored 700. In both cases, I took the Kaplan tests (about 4-5 tests each time). My actual GMAT score was about 20-30pts more that the average I got in the Kaplan tests. Hope that helps.
Re: Has anyone taken gmat at chennai center & scored above 700 ?   [#permalink] 12 Sep 2013, 20:52