Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 12:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
VP
VP
Affiliations: NYK Line
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Followers: 31

Kudos [?]: 243 [0], given: 67

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2013, 03:44
Finally, got some info about the technical problem on GMAT. They say that from the time of shutdown of computer to restart there was no time loss. They wont consider any time loss from raising of hand to administrator switching off the computer....This is ridiculous.

However I have not received the official note on my email. I will wait for it.

Consider kudos if my post helps!!!

Archit
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 225 [0], given: 543

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2013, 01:25
Archit143 wrote:
Hi Humpty Dumpty

On my first gmat prep, with 13 incorrect; i scored 49 on Quant.
Ony my second gmat prep, with 12 incorrect; i scored 45 on Quant.

The difference between the two was that on my first attempt i did not made a single mistake till 12th or 13th question, whereas on 2nd attempt i made a few mistakes on first 10 to 15 questions.

I do not know how to rate my performance.
Regarding Veritas prep, the test is a real reflection of your actual gmat score. MGMAT test has not been so successful when it comes to comparision with the actual score.
They need to redesign the quant section....Veritas presents a balanced CAT, which is close to real gmat.

Consider kudos if my post helps!!!!

Archit

I managed to get a 540 on veritas mock Q 40 and V 25

the quant section did seem wierd lol maybe I've been rusty I did manage to get 44 in quant before..

The verbal had 3 passages instead of 4.... I ran out of time in the end and had to randomly guess 7 questions in a row.

Click +1 Kudos if my post helped...

Amazing Free video explanation for all Quant questions from OG 13 and much more http://www.gmatquantum.com/og13th/

GMAT Prep software What if scenarios gmat-prep-software-analysis-and-what-if-scenarios-146146.html

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
Schools: HBS '16
GMAT Date: 11-30-2013
GPA: 3.3
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 231

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2013, 23:43
quixx23 wrote:
calisnoopy wrote:
Also curious if anyone else has had experiences with Veritas Prep that they would like to share...and how accurate the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams are???

I am taking my first GMAT practice test since my March 15th disaster...doing it on the Veritas Prep GMAT Simulator CAT exam #1 but would like to know how other people thought about the test itself and how it compared with their experiences in MGMAT and GMAT Prep etc :)

Hello!

We don't deliberately design the tests to be harder than the official GMAT (we believe the practice tests should be as close to the real deal as possible), but, anecdotally, our students report that they tend to do 20-30 points better on the official GMAT. That difference seems to be driven more by verbal than quant. So, I'm being a little fast and loose with the numbers now, but I would say that, if the total score difference is 30 points, maybe 10 points are coming from Quant and 20 from Verbal. (That's an average across thousands of students.)

Again, we do aim to make our practice tests as close to the real test as possible, and we make adjustments to them frequently. But, I'd say that they tend to be slightly harder than the real test, on average.

Scott

But I believe Manhattan and Veritas test are slightly tougher than the actual GMAT. Your question Bank is amazing.

Like my post Send me a Kudos :) It is a Good manner.

Expert Post
3 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1029

Kudos [?]: 4459 [3] , given: 162

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2013, 22:55
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Now our 5 latest practice tests are available as a stand alone product (for $49). Click on the "Buy 5 more GMAT Practice Tests' link on this page to get started:
http://www.veritasprep.com/gmat/free-gm ... tice-test/

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
Schools: HBS '16
GMAT Date: 11-30-2013
GPA: 3.3

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 231

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2013, 23:02
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
Now our 5 latest practice tests are available as a stand alone product (for $49). Click on the "Buy 5 more GMAT Practice Tests' link on this page to get started:
http://www.veritasprep.com/gmat/free-gm ... tice-test/

Thank you for informing Karishma. :-D

Like my post Send me a Kudos :) It is a Good manner.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 6

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2013, 07:06
This post received
KUDOS
Hey all,

Just gave one of the mocks and scored a 740 - Q 48, V 44. While I'm happy with my score, I do have a doubt with regard to my verbal score. As in I made 12 mistakes in the verbal section and still managed to get a 44.
Now, I've given 4 gmatprep exams ( 2 free ones and the 2 that come with the exam pack - no repeats whatsoever) and my verbal scores have been 37, 39,40 and 42 - in that order. In each of those exams I've had made 10 mistakes except for the last one in which I made7 mistakes
In light of these results I somehow feel that with 12 mistakes in verbal, my score of 44 is inflated. While I know that the number of incorrect questions are not really indicative, I've generally noticed that one is penalized more heavily for a mistake in the verbal than one is for a mistake in the quant . So if anyone could let me know whether a verbal 44 with 12 mistakes is possible, it would put my mind at ease. I'm aiming for a score of 750+ and this test has given me the just the kick I need to put in that extra effort to score around 20 more points.

Regarding the test - overall, I felt the quant was pretty balanced in terms of difficulty and very similar to the gmatprep questions. My gmatprep quant scores more or less match the test score- gmat prep scores quant score were 47,47,49,48. I've given MGMAT CATs also and I found Veritas test to be definitely more representative of the OG/Gmatprep than the MGMAT CAT quant section which is always a race against time, something which never happens on a gmatprep test. Also, MGMAT quant I've never managed to score above 45.

Verbal is definitely tougher than the gmatprep. I found that quite a few SCs test the exceptions to the rules - for eg: "not only...but also" is the correct idiom, but "not only...but" is also accepted. There was another one which went against the "being is almost always wrong" rule.
CRs are also more difficult than either OG or gmatprep. Unlike the gmatprep, which threw quite a lot of strengthen/weaken questions, this test threw very few strenghten/weaken and more Inference questions and paradox questions ( a total of 8 of these). I'm pretty sure now that the OG is definitely not sufficient to prepare for verbal. I've been using LSAT paper tests for practice and I believe it has helped me answer some of the more difficult questions on this test. Infact, I did feel that some of the CR questions were tougher than the tougher LSAT questions.
RCs were good. But I got only 3 passages. Generally I've seen 4 in the other tests. Again these passages had a good number of inference questions - not that I mind, I actually believe they're good for practice.
The review section is also very neatly organized and, while it does not give you the difficulty level of the questions, it does show what percentage of the people got the questions right for each answer choice - very helpful in recognizing trap answers.
All in all, a very high quality test. Would definitely recommend others to try it out.

Regards

Kudos if the post helped! :)

The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night. -H.W. Longfellow

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep Representative
Schools: Kellogg MBA 2004
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 209 [1] , given: 46

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2013, 16:15
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
notrandom wrote:
Hey all,

Just gave one of the mocks and scored a 740 - Q 48, V 44. While I'm happy with my score, I do have a doubt with regard to my verbal score. As in I made 12 mistakes in the verbal section and still managed to get a 44.
Now, I've given 4 gmatprep exams ( 2 free ones and the 2 that come with the exam pack - no repeats whatsoever) and my verbal scores have been 37, 39,40 and 42 - in that order. In each of those exams I've had made 10 mistakes except for the last one in which I made7 mistakes
In light of these results I somehow feel that with 12 mistakes in verbal, my score of 44 is inflated. While I know that the number of incorrect questions are not really indicative, I've generally noticed that one is penalized more heavily for a mistake in the verbal than one is for a mistake in the quant . So if anyone could let me know whether a verbal 44 with 12 mistakes is possible, it would put my mind at ease. I'm aiming for a score of 750+ and this test has given me the just the kick I need to put in that extra effort to score around 20 more points.

Hi notrandom,

I definitely would not get too hung up on counting the number right or wrong. It sounds like you already know this, but depending on which questions you see, you very well could get more questions right on Test A but actually get a higher score on Test B. Don't forget that there are experimental questions in there in our (Veritas Prep) exams. We don't tell you which ones are experimental, but they don't impact your score (just like on the real GMAT).

Send me a PM and I'll be happy to hook you up with another free test. I'm curious to see how you do on your next one!

Best regards,
Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep | GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | Co-author, Your MBA Game Plan

For a limited time, receive access to five Veritas Prep Computer Adaptive practice tests when you purchase a Veritas Prep GMAT book! Buy Now!
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 6

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2013, 20:28
Hey Scott,

Thanks for the response.
I thought that simulated exams (including gmatprep) did not have any experimental questions. I might have gotten most of the experimental questions wrong then I guess. Some of the CR questions which I got wrong were answered correctly by less than 10% of the people taking the exam - and it turned out that I had eliminated the correct answer choices as being out of scope or too extreme. :?
I have already purchased the remaining tests of Veritas Prep. I have my gmat scheduled at the end of the month. So I'll be taking tests in intervals of 5 days (Is that a good idea?). Hopefully I'll see the same or better scores.

Regards

The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night. -H.W. Longfellow

Expert Post

Kudos [?]: 209 [0], given: 46

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 11:31
Expert's post
notrandom wrote:

I have already purchased the remaining tests of Veritas Prep. I have my gmat scheduled at the end of the month. So I'll be taking tests in intervals of 5 days (Is that a good idea?). Hopefully I'll see the same or better scores.

Regards

Ahh, very good. Good luck to you!

Scott

Veritas Prep | GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | Co-author, Your MBA Game Plan

For a limited time, receive access to five Veritas Prep Computer Adaptive practice tests when you purchase a Veritas Prep GMAT book! Buy Now!

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

CAT Tests
Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2013, 01:24
Hi,
I am a bit confused with my test results on Veritas.
My scores have been (Veritas tests only) -
1. 690
2. 720
3. 710
4. 750
5. 740

although I am happy with my progress, I feel that the results might be a bit inflated. In MGMAT i have never crossed a 620, while at the GMAT club test my highest has been 23 correct in Quant out of 37. My GMAT prep test (gave a month back - around Veritas test 1 was 690).
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Followers: 57

Kudos [?]: 145 [1] , given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2013, 06:18
This post received
KUDOS
adeel2000 wrote:
Hi,
1. 690
2. 720
3. 710
4. 750
5. 740

although I am happy with my progress, I feel that the results might be a bit inflated. In MGMAT i have never crossed a 620, while at the GMAT club test my highest has been 23 correct in Quant out of 37. My GMAT prep test (gave a month back - around Veritas test 1 was 690).

Since your first veritas mock score matches with gmat prep1 i am assuming since then you have improved on all sections, why dont you take gmat prep 2 and check.

Would be interesting let me know...

General GMAT useful links-->

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Expert Post

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2013, 17:26
Expert's post
adeel2000 wrote:
Hi,
1. 690
2. 720
3. 710
4. 750
5. 740

Prateek's advice makes a lot of sense to me. I don't know when you took each of these tests, but since your GMAT Prep test and your first Veritas Prep test match so closely, it looks like a pretty accurate read. You can always confirm with another go at the GMAT Prep test (#2).

Good luck, and please report back with your scores!

Best regards,
Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 6

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2013, 20:11
Hey guys

Since my previous post I have taken 2 tests:

Nov 7th
710 - Q 47 V 41 (I had paused the exam twice for a few minutes - once each in the quant and verbal section - pause feature didn't work - It was showing that the exam was paused but the timer was continuing in the background - lost a few minutes.

Nov 10th
770 ( Q 48 V 48) - I can believe the quant score but the verbal score was a shocker. I know I'm capable of scoring between 40 - 44, but 48 and that too with 9 mistakes is kind of hard to believe. The only explanation, I guess, could be that that most of the questions that I got wrong were experimental. So, is there anyway I can know which were experimental questions?

Regards

Expert Post

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2013, 12:06
Expert's post
notrandom wrote:
Nov 7th
710 - Q 47 V 41 (I had paused the exam twice for a few minutes - once each in the quant and verbal section - pause feature didn't work - It was showing that the exam was paused but the timer was continuing in the background - lost a few minutes.

Hi notrandom,

We're not able to reproduce this problem, but can you PM me your details (browser type, operating system, etc.) so we can look into it more?

Thank you!
Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep Reviews

Manager
Manager
Schools: ISB '15
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 54

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 02:39
Just took the Veritas Prep free exam.
Score: 650
Q:48
V:32

Veritas Prep - 650
MGMAT 1 590
MGMAT 2 640 (V48/Q31)

Please help the community by giving Kudos.

Manager
Manager
GMAT Date: 12-05-2013
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 26

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2013, 00:46
quixx23 wrote:
notrandom wrote:
Nov 7th

Hi notrandom,

We're not able to reproduce this problem, but can you PM me your details (browser type, operating system, etc.) so we can look into it more?

Thank you!
Scott

Just finished veritas free mock 1...

560 Q40 V27

Quant 22/37 correct and verbal 23/41 correct.

No matter how hard i try i just can cross Q40, just once i scored Q43, last 5 Quant scores are Kaplan Q40,43,40, Manhattan Q40 and veritas Q40.

DS 11/15 correct
PS 11/22 correct

In quant i got 2 incorrect of first 10.

Verbal

CR 11/14 Correct
RC 5/13 correct
SC 7/14 correct

In verbal i got 5 incorrect of first 10, is this the reason i coudnt cross V30??Because with same no. of correct questions with almost similar position of the questions my friend got 630 in mgmat,which is known to give less scores these days.. :shock: :shock:

How do i achieve my target of 620 with a realistic split(Q45 V32)??? Please help experts. Gmat in 18 days :( :(
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 18

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2013, 05:33
Hello Karishma/experts from Veritas,

I need your help.

I am targetting 750 in the GMAT. For this, I am preparing for quite a while and planning to fix the appointment. Today, I took veritas free test with 100% test conditions(did all 4 sections: AWA, IR, QA and VR) and got 730(Q50 V40). Could you please suggest from your experience how close would my this score be to the actual GMAT score. I want to know this as I would take the GMAT in 2 weeks when I am assured that I am hitting my peak.
Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1029

Kudos [?]: 4459 [0], given: 162

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2013, 21:00
Expert's post
asingh203 wrote:

I need your help.

I am targetting 750 in the GMAT. For this, I am preparing for quite a while and planning to fix the appointment. Today, I took veritas free test with 100% test conditions(did all 4 sections: AWA, IR, QA and VR) and got 730(Q50 V40). Could you please suggest from your experience how close would my this score be to the actual GMAT score. I want to know this as I would take the GMAT in 2 weeks when I am assured that I am hitting my peak.

Our tests simulate the actual exam quite well so your score is a reliable measure of your preparation. With a 730, I would say that you are certainly poised for a 700+ score. Now where exactly that will land is hard to guess. It will depend on a number of factors including your state of mind during the test. Focus more on Verbal in the last two weeks (but continue practicing Quant questions too). Take ample rest in the two days leading up to the exam. Keep a cool mind. Since you are well prepared, anxiety should be at a minimum. Also, don't get stuck on a question or two during the test - keep up your pace.

All the best!

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 18

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2013, 09:39
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
asingh203 wrote:

I need your help.

Our tests simulate the actual exam quite well so your score is a reliable measure of your preparation. With a 730, I would say that you are certainly poised for a 700+ score. Now where exactly that will land is hard to guess. It will depend on a number of factors including your state of mind during the test. Focus more on Verbal in the last two weeks (but continue practicing Quant questions too). Take ample rest in the two days leading up to the exam. Keep a cool mind. Since you are well prepared, anxiety should be at a minimum. Also, don't get stuck on a question or two during the test - keep up your pace.

All the best!

Thanks Karishma for the prompt reply. Your words are encouraging and I'll follow your wise advice.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2013, 19:09
i scored a 650 on veritas, i felt like the questions were too easy. also to note if you dont submit the last question you get dinged (aka it isn't counted)
Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams   [#permalink] 15 Dec 2013, 19:09