Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 16:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Schools: Carnegie Mellon Tepper (R2), Duke (R2), Notre Dame (R2), Georgetown (R2), UVA Darden (R2), USC (R2), Kellogg (R2)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2010, 11:47
Hi!

This is my first post to the GMAT club forum--

I have been studying since Fall 2009 for the GMAT and I went into this really nervous as I am not a good standardized test taker...I got a 1250 on my SATs back in the day but pulled a 4.0 in the first 2 years at Carnegie Mellon (my Dean actually told me that according to CMU's chart, they anticipated my first year GPA to actually be more like a 3.0 or slightly less, never knew they had such a thing to analyze students when they first enter college!)

I've always thought my Quant was the super weak side but it appears that its slightly stronger than my Verbal though sometimes they're also just even!

Anyhow, here are my stats so far:

Asian
Female
28 (just turned 28 :)
Carnegie Mellon University Undergrad: Double Major History Policy & International Relations with a Chinese Minor
3.83 GPA
Target Schools: USC, Notre Dame, Georgetown, Carnegie Mellon and Wharton (though that's a crazy thought at the moment with my GMAT)

December 14th, 2009: GMAT 560 29V/38Q

(felt super disappointed as I had hoped for a 600 at least and I had been going thru the Manhattan GMAT books on my own and OG problems and practice tests and I THINK I had been scoring roughly 620s in the MGMAT practice tests and the GMAT Prep Tests)

regrouped, got a private tutor, studied with her twice a week for 3 hours at a time trying to ensure I knew my math/number properties in and out but I think her math wasn't as strong as I had hoped and there were times I figured stuff out before she did =(
and often times, for Verbal, she just said she didn't know how to explain why the correct SC answer was better than the 2nd best one :(

Along the way though, I took more practice tests (but I dont know if the practice paper tests from GMAT were not good practice tests as they have different structure, different timing and also it goes from easy to hard which I think makes it easier for me anyhow since I feel "eased" into the problems

I also have a tendency to hold onto a problem even if itstoo hard or too much time has passed, especially the initial 5-10 math ones I encounter, I feel like I freeze, but with the official GMAT paper tests, I felt much more at ease since the first 5 are usually pretty easy for each math section

Has anyone else found it helpful to use the GMAT official paper tests from before or just skip those completely?

2/11/10 Paper Test 14 660 37V/45Q

2/17/10 Paper Test 31 650 36V/44Q

2/22/10 Manhattan GMAT CAT#6 690 39V/45Q

2/24/10 Paper Test 28 670 38V/44Q

3/2/10 Paper Test 42 680 42V/42Q

3/6/10 GMAT Prep #1 690 40V/44Q

3/13/10 GMAT Prep #2 670 38V/44Q

AND THEN

March 15th, 2010: GMAT 560 36V/32Q
I was stunned by this setback, especially such a huge drop in math

I couldn't even tell it was going so badly as I seem to be a very bad gauge of how these tests are going...sometimes I have felt like quitting while taking my practice tests just cos I felt so frustrated with not knowing how to do some of the (so many in my head) math problems and I feel like I can't focus on the Verbal section...but I always pushed through and all those times I atleast scored above 650!

THis time during the actual GMAT (actually both times in December and in March most recently) I felt calm I thought, I didn't feel like I did amazing--since I dont think I could be THAT confident or I may jinx myself LOL...but each time the score floored me.

Anyhow, I enrolled in the Veritas Prep course on Tue/Thursdays in the Tysons, VA area and am wondering if anyone has any tips...I was on a pretty rigorous practice test-taking schedule before and doing many problems...and now I'm trying to focus my energy on areas I need more work in (knowing number properties IN AND OUT AND mixed with other types of problems, rate problems and sentence correction)

I've read many stories of people improving by leaps and bounds and that really has helped me keep my head up...

Also curious if anyone else has had experiences with Veritas Prep that they would like to share...and how accurate the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams are???

I am taking my first GMAT practice test since my March 15th disaster...doing it on the Veritas Prep GMAT Simulator CAT exam #1 but would like to know how other people thought about the test itself and how it compared with their experiences in MGMAT and GMAT Prep etc :)
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
5 KUDOS received
Neeley Thread Master
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 60 [5] , given: 69

Reviews Badge
Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2013, 23:29
This post received
KUDOS
@All

In my opinion, the new Veritas tests are much better than the earlier ones. Please find below my review.

Quant

I'd say the Quant questions are fantastic. They are quite tricky and also mimic the real GMAT quant questions. I'll be slightly biased here by choosing Veritas quant over Manhattan quant because I felt the real GMAT questions weren't lengthy, as everyone says, but more analytical.Thumbs up Krishna/Brian/Team!

Verbal

The SC questions are difficult and good for practice, but the RC passages are quite easy. In the real GMAT, RC section has questions with convoluted answer choices.

I think it's really difficult to mimic the GMAT style and pattern in the CR questions. The same is true with Veritas, some of the questions are not properly phrased and have conflicting answers. But, some are really tough and tricky.

Scoring Accuracy

Mock Scores@Veritas

Test 1 : 710 (Q 48 V 40)
Test 2 : 670 (Q 47 V 35)
Test 3 : 730 (Q 48 V 43)
Test 4 : 690 (Q 50 V 35)

Actual GMAT: 700 (Q 44 V 41)

I'd say there is a significant improvement in Veritas scoring alogrithm too, as my actual GMAT score turns out to be average of all my mock scores.

Overall, I'd say Veritas tests are good for practice and definitely worth a try :thumbup:
3 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Affiliations: NYK Line
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Followers: 31

Kudos [?]: 243 [3] , given: 67

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 22 May 2013, 03:37
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Humpty Dumpty

On my first gmat prep, with 13 incorrect; i scored 49 on Quant.
Ony my second gmat prep, with 12 incorrect; i scored 45 on Quant.

The difference between the two was that on my first attempt i did not made a single mistake till 12th or 13th question, whereas on 2nd attempt i made a few mistakes on first 10 to 15 questions.

I do not know how to rate my performance.
Regarding Veritas prep, the test is a real reflection of your actual gmat score. MGMAT test has not been so successful when it comes to comparision with the actual score.
They need to redesign the quant section....Veritas presents a balanced CAT, which is close to real gmat.

Consider kudos if my post helps!!!!

Archit
Expert Post
3 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1029

Kudos [?]: 4460 [3] , given: 162

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2013, 22:55
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Now our 5 latest practice tests are available as a stand alone product (for $49). Click on the "Buy 5 more GMAT Practice Tests' link on this page to get started:
http://www.veritasprep.com/gmat/free-gm ... tice-test/

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 16 [3] , given: 15

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2014, 23:24
This post received
KUDOS
Hi

I took Veritas Prep's 2 CATs and I liked them a lot. I feel that they are more representative of GMATprep. My scores were :
1) 720 - Q50 with 14 incorrect and V39 with 13 incorrect.
2) 740 - Q50 with 9 incorrect and V41 with 13 incorrect.

I could see more positives than negatives.

1) Quant questions were really good...although a little more difficult than official questions (I felt so) but for those aiming 50-51, the quant section is perfect. Unlike MGAMT CATs, these test had a good balance of difficulty levels. There was hardly a question that could be solved in less than a minute and none of the question was too difficult to consume more than 3 minutes.

2) Verbal was also excellent. The main problem with verbal was that there were only 3 RCs (although the number of questions was 13 only). I struggled in RCs as the passages were quiet long. If veritas reduce the length of RCs and accommodate one more RC, the performance will be more indicative of the actual GMAT scores.
CR was tough. Required me to think a lot before deciding the answer. One thing that I observed was CR questions were not lengthy. Official questions are generally lenthy but require less though process. Here it was exactly the other way round.
SC was fine. Some questions were really good.

The questions, on average, were difficult, both in quant and verbal. And in my opinion, for scoring 700+, it is necessary to solve questions that are more difficult than those that will appear in actual GMAT.
In all, Veritas CATs are better than any other CATs (except GMATprep). The best thing that I have come to know about these tests is that they contain experimental questions which no other test contain. Not even GMATprep. If they could tell which questions were experimental, it would be more helpful in analyzing the performance.
2 KUDOS received
Followers: 91

Kudos [?]: 204 [2] , given: 20

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 13 May 2013, 12:06
This post received
KUDOS
Thank you for trying out the new test and posting your feedback! And congratulations on the score – while on the surface it may seem a little high (and I probably wouldn’t use it, as you said, as the “forecast for the lowest score to be expected”) I dug into the item responses in your particular test and it looks like the scoring behaved as expected based on your performance. (One clarification: In your post you mentioned that you left 8 questions unanswered in the Quant section, but it looks like you actually only left 6 unanswered.)

This probably isn’t all that important/helpful for your actual GMAT, but in the way of explanation – computer-adaptive tests score and “penalize” (for unanswered questions) using numbers you’ll never see (called “theta estimates”) and then convert those numbers to the scaled scores and percentiles. So on a scaled score basis the penalty for omitting questions doesn’t look that harsh, on the theta basis it was significant…you went from theta that gave you a “high” 49 to a theta that have you a score of 48. And based on your answer pattern, that 78th percentile that corresponds to a 48 looks to be just about right.

And while we have this discussion open – according to GMAC the way that the unanswered-item penalty is scored (and how it’s applied on our tests, too) is that your theta score is multiplied by the number of questions you answered, then divided by the number of questions total. So if you answered 31 out of 37 quant questions, your theta gets multiplied by 31/37.

These tests are fairly new and we’re still monitoring the scoring pretty closely so we really do appreciate the feedback. The scaled scores are pegged closely to the percentiles they represent, so your 48 in our system indicated that your performance on the quant ranks better than about ¾ of test-takers in the system. To date we’ve seen quite a few “my Veritas score exactly matched my official or GMAT Prep score” and others that are off by some, and we’ll continue to monitor that feedback to see if any shifts are necessary.

Most importantly, we hope that you use the diagnostic tools (how your pacing compared to the norm, whether you fell for trap answers, etc.) to improve your performance for your upcoming test day, and we thank you for your feedback!

Brian

Save $100 on live Veritas Prep GMAT Courses and Admissions Consulting

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

2 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Affiliations: NYK Line
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Followers: 31

Kudos [?]: 243 [2] , given: 67

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 22 May 2013, 05:42
This post received
KUDOS
Archit143 wrote:
Regarding Veritas prep, the test is a real reflection of your actual gmat score. MGMAT test has not been so successful when it comes to comparision with the actual score.

Based upon...?[/quote]

The quant section on MGMAT is focused a lot on formula and hectic calculation. Veritas presents a more concept based quants question..But yes overall structure of Quant on veritas is bit simpler compared to MGMAT. No doubt the verbal part of veritas except for SC is a good and I say harder version of GMAT.

Consider Kudos If my post helps!!!!

Archit
2 KUDOS received
Followers: 91

Kudos [?]: 204 [2] , given: 20

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 22 May 2013, 09:38
This post received
KUDOS
Hey HumptyDumpty,

Thanks for the debrief, and it's great to hear that our scoring holds up so well to GMATPrep!

As for your situation, a few thoughts:

1) There just isn't a better predictor available than the GMAT Prep tests, so if you're worrying about which tests to trust, trust that one.

2) Regardless of the scoring algorithm / question quality on that most recent test you took, there are plenty of factors that could have contributed to a lackluster performance - your stamina might have been sapped as you near the finish line, you may have been a little distracted having done so much work leading up to it, etc. And not to make excuses for you, but take that lesson as "When I'm on I'm mid 700s, but if I let my attention wander, if I don't go in well-rested and focused, etc., nothing is guaranteed". There's something to be learned from that most recent test. Try to replicate the conditions from those 730s on test day.

3) Maybe most importantly...YOU CANNOT FAKE A 730 on GMAT PREP! Unless you saw a bunch of repeat questions, that 730 isn't a fluke, and with a very-similar breakdown 730 on the Veritas test you have some validation that it most certainly wasn't a fluke. Be confident - no one scores 700+ on one of those tests by accident, so it's pretty clear that the MGMAT test was the outlier, for whatever reason. You have 700+ potential this week, so be confident in that, and keep doing the things that led you to those back-to-back 730s recently and you should be successful on test day!

Brian

Save $100 on live Veritas Prep GMAT Courses and Admissions Consulting

Veritas Prep Reviews

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2159

Kudos [?]: 7587 [1] , given: 3623

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2010, 12:51
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Welcome to GMAT Club!

I would not get too concerned as you have a proven track record with the GMAT prep, which is the most accurate indicator. I have not seen Veritas scores for a little while, so may take a bit of time to find somebody in the same boat...

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep Representative
Schools: Kellogg MBA 2004
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 209 [1] , given: 46

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2010, 14:00
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
calisnoopy wrote:
Also curious if anyone else has had experiences with Veritas Prep that they would like to share...and how accurate the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams are???

I am taking my first GMAT practice test since my March 15th disaster...doing it on the Veritas Prep GMAT Simulator CAT exam #1 but would like to know how other people thought about the test itself and how it compared with their experiences in MGMAT and GMAT Prep etc :)

Hello!

We don't deliberately design the tests to be harder than the official GMAT (we believe the practice tests should be as close to the real deal as possible), but, anecdotally, our students report that they tend to do 20-30 points better on the official GMAT. That difference seems to be driven more by verbal than quant. So, I'm being a little fast and loose with the numbers now, but I would say that, if the total score difference is 30 points, maybe 10 points are coming from Quant and 20 from Verbal. (That's an average across thousands of students.)

Again, we do aim to make our practice tests as close to the real test as possible, and we make adjustments to them frequently. But, I'd say that they tend to be slightly harder than the real test, on average.

Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep | GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | Co-author, Your MBA Game Plan

For a limited time, receive access to five Veritas Prep Computer Adaptive practice tests when you purchase a Veritas Prep GMAT book! Buy Now!

Veritas Prep Reviews

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 11

Reviews Badge
Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2010, 08:58
This post received
KUDOS
vudsri000 wrote:
jhkaas wrote:
hi,

I just took the veritas free test and got 760 (Q51,V46) .. i think it's quite accurate .. :)

Great score buddy :) .........I got 100 less :( 660(Q47,V37) ........

I got 49-50 in Quant in every test simulator I have tried till now ...think something is wrong with the scoring algorithm ......

Verbal questions also were easy compared to others (Kaplan, Princeton Review) ......but ultimately my scores didn't improve ;)

Thnx Vudsri ... just took the actual GMAT yesterday and got a score of 740 (Q50,V40) .. So, it's slightly less than the veritas test .. even from my experience i felt that veritas test was a bit easier than the actual GMAT .. however,GMATprep was the most accurate indicator (I got exactly 740 on GMATprep also) ... so,maybe you should take a GMATprep test and rely on that rather than on any other test,and if it's slightly less than the veritas score,you can be doubly sure about the accuracy of the GMATprep score :)
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 84 [1] , given: 67

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 12 May 2013, 11:06
This post received
KUDOS
I have taken Veritas Prep today. Even though I was terribly hangovered and a bit sad, I decided to take the test as I still have one GMAT, one Manhattan, Kaplan and Princeton Preps to do and only two more weekends until my real GMAT Test (27.05). I simply decided to treat the achieved score, whatever it would be, as the forecast for the lowest score to be expected. I took full test (incl. AWA and IR), wanted to take a break multiple times (head was killing me no less than my sullenness), but the feel of obligation was pushing harder. I was quite resigned few times, especially when seeing very doable problems that I was unable to resolve this morning. I didn't finish Quant in time and had 13 incorrect answers plus 8 without answer. In Verbal, I made 12 mistakes but finished in time. The score kicked me like ACDC would: 730, 96 Percentile (V 42, Q 48). I'd love to ask you Veritas Experts: is my score that good or is your algorithm lacking something? In my first prep test (GMAT Prep), which I took ab. 3 weeks ago, I scored 660, and I've been preparing for ab. half a year now.

If I answered your question with this post, use the motivating power of kudos!

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT Date: 06-15-2013
GPA: 3.75
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 23 May 2013, 16:43
This post received
KUDOS
I took the Veritas exam and got a 720 . I have given a couple of Manhattan tests before and found that the difficulty level of Veritas test was a little more comparable to the actual GMAT than the Manhattan ones .

The Manhattan tests are a little more time consuming and grilling than the actual GMAT (Just my view )
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 6

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2013, 07:06
This post received
KUDOS
Hey all,

Just gave one of the mocks and scored a 740 - Q 48, V 44. While I'm happy with my score, I do have a doubt with regard to my verbal score. As in I made 12 mistakes in the verbal section and still managed to get a 44.
Now, I've given 4 gmatprep exams ( 2 free ones and the 2 that come with the exam pack - no repeats whatsoever) and my verbal scores have been 37, 39,40 and 42 - in that order. In each of those exams I've had made 10 mistakes except for the last one in which I made7 mistakes
In light of these results I somehow feel that with 12 mistakes in verbal, my score of 44 is inflated. While I know that the number of incorrect questions are not really indicative, I've generally noticed that one is penalized more heavily for a mistake in the verbal than one is for a mistake in the quant . So if anyone could let me know whether a verbal 44 with 12 mistakes is possible, it would put my mind at ease. I'm aiming for a score of 750+ and this test has given me the just the kick I need to put in that extra effort to score around 20 more points.

Regarding the test - overall, I felt the quant was pretty balanced in terms of difficulty and very similar to the gmatprep questions. My gmatprep quant scores more or less match the test score- gmat prep scores quant score were 47,47,49,48. I've given MGMAT CATs also and I found Veritas test to be definitely more representative of the OG/Gmatprep than the MGMAT CAT quant section which is always a race against time, something which never happens on a gmatprep test. Also, MGMAT quant I've never managed to score above 45.

Verbal is definitely tougher than the gmatprep. I found that quite a few SCs test the exceptions to the rules - for eg: "not only...but also" is the correct idiom, but "not only...but" is also accepted. There was another one which went against the "being is almost always wrong" rule.
CRs are also more difficult than either OG or gmatprep. Unlike the gmatprep, which threw quite a lot of strengthen/weaken questions, this test threw very few strenghten/weaken and more Inference questions and paradox questions ( a total of 8 of these). I'm pretty sure now that the OG is definitely not sufficient to prepare for verbal. I've been using LSAT paper tests for practice and I believe it has helped me answer some of the more difficult questions on this test. Infact, I did feel that some of the CR questions were tougher than the tougher LSAT questions.
RCs were good. But I got only 3 passages. Generally I've seen 4 in the other tests. Again these passages had a good number of inference questions - not that I mind, I actually believe they're good for practice.
The review section is also very neatly organized and, while it does not give you the difficulty level of the questions, it does show what percentage of the people got the questions right for each answer choice - very helpful in recognizing trap answers.
All in all, a very high quality test. Would definitely recommend others to try it out.

Regards

Kudos if the post helped! :)

The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night. -H.W. Longfellow

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2013, 16:15
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
notrandom wrote:
Hey all,

Just gave one of the mocks and scored a 740 - Q 48, V 44. While I'm happy with my score, I do have a doubt with regard to my verbal score. As in I made 12 mistakes in the verbal section and still managed to get a 44.
Now, I've given 4 gmatprep exams ( 2 free ones and the 2 that come with the exam pack - no repeats whatsoever) and my verbal scores have been 37, 39,40 and 42 - in that order. In each of those exams I've had made 10 mistakes except for the last one in which I made7 mistakes
In light of these results I somehow feel that with 12 mistakes in verbal, my score of 44 is inflated. While I know that the number of incorrect questions are not really indicative, I've generally noticed that one is penalized more heavily for a mistake in the verbal than one is for a mistake in the quant . So if anyone could let me know whether a verbal 44 with 12 mistakes is possible, it would put my mind at ease. I'm aiming for a score of 750+ and this test has given me the just the kick I need to put in that extra effort to score around 20 more points.

Hi notrandom,

I definitely would not get too hung up on counting the number right or wrong. It sounds like you already know this, but depending on which questions you see, you very well could get more questions right on Test A but actually get a higher score on Test B. Don't forget that there are experimental questions in there in our (Veritas Prep) exams. We don't tell you which ones are experimental, but they don't impact your score (just like on the real GMAT).

Send me a PM and I'll be happy to hook you up with another free test. I'm curious to see how you do on your next one!

Best regards,
Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep | GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | Co-author, Your MBA Game Plan

For a limited time, receive access to five Veritas Prep Computer Adaptive practice tests when you purchase a Veritas Prep GMAT book! Buy Now!

Veritas Prep Reviews

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Followers: 57

Kudos [?]: 145 [1] , given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2013, 06:18
This post received
KUDOS
adeel2000 wrote:
Hi,
I am a bit confused with my test results on Veritas.
My scores have been (Veritas tests only) -
1. 690
2. 720
3. 710
4. 750
5. 740

although I am happy with my progress, I feel that the results might be a bit inflated. In MGMAT i have never crossed a 620, while at the GMAT club test my highest has been 23 correct in Quant out of 37. My GMAT prep test (gave a month back - around Veritas test 1 was 690).

Since your first veritas mock score matches with gmat prep1 i am assuming since then you have improved on all sections, why dont you take gmat prep 2 and check.

Would be interesting let me know...

General GMAT useful links-->

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 16 [1] , given: 15

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 17 May 2014, 07:16
This post received
KUDOS
18.kartik wrote:

Hi utkmittal1,

Thanks for such a detailed feedback of the VeritasPrep test. Have you written the actual GMAT test? May I know how much you scored in the actual test?

Hi kartik

I scored 760 (Q50, V42). Veritas's scores were most accurate. Both in quant and verbal. Manhattan least accurate but for practice i would recommend that u go for MGMAT only...quality wise they are best.

Do tell me you scores in practice tests...I took them all and may be i can help :)
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 18 May 2014, 08:08
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
18.kartik wrote:
utkmittal1 wrote:
2 days back I wrote the free practice test of veritas prep and scored a total of 760 (Q50, V44) with 13 ques wrong in quants and 13 ques wrong in verbal. Should I go ahead and buy Veritas Prep practice tests or are there even better tests available in the market?

H Kartik,

I would caution you against trying to judge your performance based on the number of question you got right or wrong. Remember that it's an adaptive test, and if the system is correctly tracking your ability level, then it should be giving you many questions that are right around your ability level (meaning that you may get plenty of them wrong). If you're getting most questions right, then the system isn't giving you hard enough questions!

We wrote an in-depth blog post about this a little while ago:

http://www.veritasprep.com/blog/2013/07 ... ice-tests/

Good luck in your studies!

Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep Reviews

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Followers: 1029

Kudos [?]: 4460 [1] , given: 162

Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 06 Jul 2014, 20:48
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Kconfused wrote:
Hey, just coming out of a Free Simulator from VeritasPrep. The test returned me a 730 (49 Quant and 42 verbal). On the percentile scale quant reached a sombre 83 and verbal an inspiring 93, but my dreams of pushing for a score in excess of 760 remain distant. My performace on SC and DS could easily be termed dismal! :-(
Is there something specific that I could do to actually achieve the 760+ that I so badly hope for?
Any advice would be hugely appreciated!
PS I have scored a 720 on MGmat free simulator too and it's heart-breaking to not inch past 750.

I understand your desire to score in the 99%ile but take heart from the fact that 730 is not very different from 760 as far as the adcom is concerned. You seem to be on your way to above 80/80 which is perfectly good for most schools. Also, there is a good chance that you might actually score 750+ in the test - it all depends on whether you keep your wits during the test. A difference of 30-40 points in your score is normal especially at the higher end of the range since there are fewer people there and hence data is more scarce.

In SC, try to be as logical as you can be. Focus on finding a clear, concise and sensible sentence. You will probably see more high level questions in SC too which means there will be lot of focus on accuracy in meaning - keep that in mind.

As for DS, if you are good at PS, why the issues in DS? Just remember that at the end of the day, DS is only two PS questions in 1. It does take more time but the fundamentals are exactly the same.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Veritas Prep Reviews

Manager
Manager
Schools: Carnegie Mellon Tepper (R2), Duke (R2), Notre Dame (R2), Georgetown (R2), UVA Darden (R2), USC (R2), Kellogg (R2)

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2010, 07:42
bb wrote:
Welcome to GMAT Club!

I would not get too concerned as you have a proven track record with the GMAT prep, which is the most accurate indicator. I have not seen Veritas scores for a little while, so may take a bit of time to find somebody in the same boat...

thanks for your reply/welcome!!

hopefully i will hear something from others who have taken the Veritas GMAT simulated tests though it seems a bit new too so maybe thats why not many have tried it out...
Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams   [#permalink] 06 Apr 2010, 07:42