Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 13:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Has the test changed at all?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Has the test changed at all? [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2006, 08:50
The last time I took the test was in Jan of 05. I've since gone on to other things and given up on B school for a while. I'm thinking of trying it one more time. I heard that the company administering the test was changing. Aside from that, is there anything else I should know?
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2006, 23:28
I honestly think the verbal has changed in some fashion
I used to score 45+ on the old software and every single other verbal test I had back then. However, I was only able to score 40 on the real exam and on the new GMATPREP. I am not sure if the difficulty changed or the algorithim changed...but I honestly think something has changed
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2006, 11:40
The test gets more difficult each month. I took it in August and at that time, Gprep was very close to the real test.

RC's are shorter, but the questions are more difficult.

CRs are a lot tougher.

SCs are about the same.

Math is way more difficult.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2006, 14:05
homefry wrote:
The test gets more difficult each month. I took it in August and at that time, Gprep was very close to the real test.

RC's are shorter, but the questions are more difficult.

CRs are a lot tougher.

SCs are about the same.

Math is way more difficult.

I had no problem with verbal, and scored in the 97th % without ever studying for it, so I'm afriad to try and mess myself up by doing anything with that.

The math I struggled with beyond belief. You can read my post test report from way back, but basically I got a kaplan tutor, went through all their stuff, did the OG as well as the Princeton guide, but still did terrible on the math section.

What is more difficult about it now? My weakest area was geometry, but I also had a lot of trouble with the more advanced DS questions of every type.
  [#permalink] 08 Dec 2006, 14:05