Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 08:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Has this ever happened to anyone?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Has this ever happened to anyone? [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2006, 09:23
Some days I am on such a roll and I am answering nearly all of the questions correctly (even very tough ones!)....and yet there are other days when it just doesn't click and my % correct ratio goes crashing down(even though the level of difficulty/materials are the same). This is so discouraging and nerve wrecking!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2006, 04:47
Oh, that definitely happens. I get like that at work, too.

Try to pay attention to what's different on the days when it's not clicking. Did you get enough sleep the night before? What did you eat or drink earlier that day? etc.

You of course won't be able to do this on test day, but if you're prepping and are realizing you're not mentally there, wander off and do something else. Do a physical activity or something brainless, and eat something healthy (an apple, a tuna sandwich, granola bar) and then try again. If it's still not happening, take a break that day and get something else done. Trying to force it won't help.

My best solution when I'm not mentally there is to eat an apple -- totally wakes up my brain. And watching something silly like Tom & Jerry helps too!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2006, 05:21
Thanks Meander - very helpful advice
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2006, 13:42