Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 23:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Hate these News Letter!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Hate these News Letter! [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2007, 13:48
I hate these news letters from the schools! Its almost like the Admissions Board is playing practical jokes on us!

Just received one from Harvard. I have MSN messenger that tracks incoming emails. On receiving this email alert - my heart jumped up! After opening up I realized that it was a regular newsletter :(

Hate it!
VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2007, 13:49
This is what it said:

Round 2 - Process Update

Round 2 is well underway with the passing of the submission deadline in early January. We would like to take this opportunity to provide our Round 2 applicants with a brief process update:

We have begun to send out interview invitations to Round 2 applicants. Applicants who are invited to an interview will be offered a specific type of interview (on-campus, off-campus in a hub city, telephone, or alumni). From an evaluative standpoint, all interviews are viewed equally.

Please note that interviews in hub cities do not necessarily include every applicant invited to interview from that city.

We will continue to offer interview invitations up until the Round 2 decision notification date. The timing of your interview invitation does not imply anything about the status of your application nor does it impact your candidacy.

Should you be invited by the Admissions Board to interview, you will receive an e-mail with the subject line: "HBS Interview Invitation".
    All Round 2 admissions decisions will be available on the Apply Yourself web site at noon (Boston time) on Wednesday, March 28, 2007. All Round 2 applicants will receive an e-mail reminder from HBS on the 28th directing you to the Apply Yourself web site to view your decision.

The application status (in Apply Yourself) for ALL applicants will remain as "Submitted" until the notification deadline on March 28.
VP
VP
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 185 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2007, 17:35
Got the same one. I guess every applicant did.

Good luck! L.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2007, 22:02
I didn't actually receive that email from HBS - Should I contact them? I did receive the confirmation email when I applied back in Jan, so I know they have my correct email. very strange - I wonder why I did not get this update email.
VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2007, 23:21
gmat4us wrote:
I didn't actually receive that email from HBS - Should I contact them? I did receive the confirmation email when I applied back in Jan, so I know they have my correct email. very strange - I wonder why I did not get this update email.

Why bother. Its anyway does not have anything more than what is available on their website and unnecessarily raises ur hope .
VP
VP
Schools: NYU Stern 2009
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 219 [0], given: 6

[#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2007, 04:47
I got that email - I think it is for anyone on their mailing list. It isn't necessarily for applicants, so... it's tricky for them.

I guess they enjoy doing mailshots.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2007, 10:33
True - It doesn't say much - but I'd worry that since I didn't get that email - for whatever reason - that I may not get the interview invite via email, even if they send one.
VP
VP
Schools: NYU Stern 2009
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 219 [0], given: 6

[#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2007, 11:45
gmat4us - I am confident it isn't based on applicants. If you have received your confims for your application in your email, and you log in on the website now and then, you will be fine.

Yours, a Non-Harvard applicant who gets these emails.
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2007, 11:53
Gmat4us -- I applied and I didn't get the newsletter either. Probably goes out to people who checked a box in their profile or who signed up for newsletters at some point.
VP
VP
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 185 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2007, 15:49
johnnyx9 wrote:
Gmat4us -- I applied and I didn't get the newsletter either. Probably goes out to people who checked a box in their profile or who signed up for newsletters at some point.

Yeah, now that it's been brought up, I did register to receive HBS newsletters about 2 or 3 months before applying. Don't worry, guys, I'm sure it's not a sign of anything.

Cheers. L.
  [#permalink] 25 Feb 2007, 15:49