Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Sep 2016, 17:50
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Have a Suggestion? Post It Here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 39 [1] , given: 25

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2014, 17:58
This post received
KUDOS
When I post a question, I do not see an option in the "source" section to specify that the question is self-made. I had to choose "others", and add a text along with the question to indicate that the question is self-made.

If many people are submitting their own questions to this forum, then it would make sense to classify the questions in a separate source category for the following reasons:
1) People can decide to ignore these questions (based on the source), if they just want to concentrate on questions from reputed test prep companies.
2) Gmat Club Tests can use high quality questions submitted by users
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 126

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2014, 01:45
This post received
KUDOS
Hi BB,

GMAT Club is one of the best organized forums out there for the GMAT. But as a student who depends heavily on it, I have a simple suggestion - if implemented can help a lot while going through questions. For difficult questions, the active discussion can sometimes be long, leading to 6-7 page threads for a single question and to go through each one is time consuming. If at the end of each question we have another sort option available that helps to sort by Kudos or Expert posts it will really reduce the time to understanding the mistake one did on a particular question and move on to the next. Thanks and cheers for all the good work.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Status: Build your own dreams,Otherwise some one else will hire you to build there's.
Concentration: Finance
Schools: BYU-Marriott'18
GMAT 1: 590 Q45 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.68
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 21 [1] , given: 30

GMAT ToolKit User
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2015, 18:46
This post received
KUDOS
If possible can a timer be arranged for RC questions as well......As evaluation of time for RC is very imp.

"Follow your heart and realize that your dream is a dream for a reason"
-Dori Roberts

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: AS - Gold, HH-Diamond
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 3532

Kudos [?]: 21202 [1] , given: 4358

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2015, 10:48
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
rajarams wrote:
Can we have the login session stay for a bit longer? In fact, it could be made such that it never expires. It is a bit of a hassle to type in the login and password every time you come back to the forum. At times it happens that I don't realize that I am not logged in, but start solving problems, only to realize that none of them went to my workbook.

Something like Facebook would be ideal. Never log people out of their machines, unless explicitly asked so, by them. Given the nature of the forum, I don't see any security related concern there.

Thank you. The system is supposed to keep you logged in for a long time. However, for some reason that does not happen... we will look into it.

Founder of GMAT Club

US News 2008 - 2017 Rankings progression - New!
Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q41 V31
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 46 [1] , given: 137

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2015, 02:36
This post received
KUDOS
Hi

I have the following suggestions
1. Use an open source client editor for the notes section in the tests. I understand that this cannot be achieved throughout the blog because of a gazillion existing posts and comments, but can definitely be implemented for notes. Doing this now will not only make the notes more readable, quick to skim through but also prevent website issues later in time.
2. Create tabs for Verbal and Quant, such that they represent a pie chart showing accuracy in 2 modes -
a) Type + Level. Eg. Sentence Correction + Level 700 accuracy OR RC + Level 600 accuracy
b) Sub-types. Eg. CR Bold Face accuracy, SC Subject Verb Agreement Accuracy etc.

Later, more advanced customization can be scaled up on this model, for eg. Editable dashboard, allowing users to keep only selected statistics on the page, or pick questions from a specific category etc.

Hope this suggestion adds value!

+Kudos, if this helped!

Its not over..

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.13

Kudos [?]: 22 [1] , given: 77

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2015, 11:05
This post received
KUDOS
I have 2 suggestions I'd really enjoy to see added to the site:

1. I would love to see date of thread creation instead of simply date of last post. I have significantly less interest in a thread about someone's experiences in 2008 that's been bumped given the change of gmat landscape than I would a more recent experience. It's not a huge inconvenience to go into the thread to see when the debrief or posting was made but it would be a nice addition to have that included in preview as it is with date of last post.

2. In the "Patterns among those who scored...." thread there is a sub category in the the original post for verbal strategies, I believe it would be of tremendous benefit to also have a Quant one. I know most people here are already Quant strong in need of verbal help bit I also know there is a section of us who are the other end and would value the Quant strategies.

Thanks,
Cameron

Please help me find my lost Kudo's bird

Last edited by redfield on 16 Dec 2015, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2015, 11:50
This post received
KUDOS
bb wrote:

Thank you for the suggestions. The date of the last post is a very standard forum feature/functionality and that's usually the most important part of a post for those who are looking to understand the last time for participation. To address your concern, what do you feel is different and changed since 2008 on the GMAT? IR? Ability to cancel scores? I don't think those 2 pieces are really a big part of the puzzle. However, if you do want to see only the topics started in the last year, you can do that via search. Here is a link for the Search of all topics created in the last 1 year. I am also attaching a screenshot how you can set it up yourself in the Search area. Choose the sub-forum, time frame, and the tag or multiple tags you want to display/find (you can select all, just make sure you set the tag radio button to any).

#2 It does not seem that we have had a Verbal Strategies Tag. We did have a "Strategies" one.
I have added the Verbal Strategies and Quant Strategies Tags and renamed the "Strategies" into "General Strategies" hope it is not too daunting to figure out what strategies are being provided...

I appreciate the info I will use that feature going forward; just to clarify on two parts I'm aware that's a typical forum move to have date of last post I just thought it would be nice to also have date of thread creation visible as well if it was an easy addition. I'm also aware the GMAT hasn't changed all that much but the prep materials are fairly updated as well for example someone giving a review on GMAT Pill's quant section from several years ago is no longer that relevant because they've massively overhauled their math prep since then. I'd like to be clear I'm not discounting the benefit of these threads I would just like the ability to see which debriefs are more recent without having to click through each individual one.

As far as two I apologize I had the wrong thread, it is in fact the "Patterns among those who scored...." in which it says verbal strategies. I've attached a screenshot and updated my initial post.

I love the site and think you all do great work I just figured I'd mention things that I felt would be nice little additions to see but not necessarily game changers.
Attachments

Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 12.42.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 12.42.37 PM.png [ 112.95 KiB | Viewed 372 times ]

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2015, 11:54
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Thank you - that makes sense. I am probably a bit protective of some features that are not widely requested (if you can sense some reluctance) due to frequent mentions i hear about the forum being overloaded with information (we have tried to give everything to everyone and may have gone too far). In any case, I see your point.

Thank you for the other link - a lot of work went into that post and collecting that information across the posts. My guess is that we are due for another refresher post on the strategies and what has worked for the top scorers. Will try to do in the coming month for 2015 recap.

Best Regards
BB

Founder of GMAT Club

1 KUDOS received
Math Forum Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 266 [1] , given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2015, 04:47
This post received
KUDOS
Vyshak wrote:
I have a suggestion bb.

Can we have a way to sort the comments based on the number of kudos?

Eg: An option to click on 'Comments with most kudos first'. Clicking this option should sort the comments based on the kudos.

This feature is particularly useful to view the best solutions to the questions posted in the forum. If the discussion is a long thread, this feature saves a lot of time from browsing through many comments or pages.

Hi Vyshak ,
The feature that you are talking about is already present .
You can click on Sort by kudos tab . The default option selected is Sort by date .
Attachments

GC-Sort_by_kudos.PNG
GC-Sort_by_kudos.PNG [ 123.94 KiB | Viewed 304 times ]

When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. - Henry Ford
+1 Kudos if you find this post helpful

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2015, 08:48
This post received
KUDOS
bb wrote:

Hello and thank you for your suggestion.
I am assuming you are referring to the GMAT Club Tests? If so, there is a link to a discussion in every question. It is a bit hidden and you have to click "Show Explanation" See the screenshot below. If this is not what you were referring to, can you please elaborate a bit more?

Thank you!

Whoops that's exactly what I was referring to, my apologies for missing that bb!

Although it doesn't appear to be available for quizzes using the question bank versus test form at least for me (screenshot attached). I'm using Chrome browser, don't know if this has anything to do with it or not?
Attachments

Screen Shot 2015-12-24 at 9.49.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-24 at 9.49.52 AM.png [ 98.4 KiB | Viewed 945 times ]

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 24 [1] , given: 3358

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2016, 11:33
This post received
KUDOS
Hi bb, is there a way to actually see detailed stats for a particular practice question, such as a distribution by time of % of ppl who answered a question correctly? Currently for example one can only know that for a question with 2000 attempts, 70% of them are correct and have an avg. time taken of 2 mins. However, if one can look at a nested/detailed summary view of how much time did majority of these attempts took (it may be that out of those 1400 correct attempts, 90% just took a minute whereas rest 10% took forever), it may help the person know a better target time to achieve rather than just relying on average.

Thanks!
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2016, 23:42
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Dienekes wrote:
Hi bb, is there a way to actually see detailed stats for a particular practice question, such as a distribution by time of % of ppl who answered a question correctly? Currently for example one can only know that for a question with 2000 attempts, 70% of them are correct and have an avg. time taken of 2 mins. However, if one can look at a nested/detailed summary view of how much time did majority of these attempts took (it may be that out of those 1400 correct attempts, 90% just took a minute whereas rest 10% took forever), it may help the person know a better target time to achieve rather than just relying on average.

Thanks!

Thank you for the suggestion. For our calculation we do cut off folks who take more than a certain amount of time. I believe it is 5 mins and those who take less than a certain time as well so to arrive at a statistically meaningful number. Thus the average may be a pretty good approximation how the majority of folks are doing. It is obviously not exact for a few reasons (1. You outlined and 2. The audience on GMAT Club tends to be skewed to wards higher quant capability and 3. Most of them are solving questions in less than optimal conditions). Thus the stats is a guide on how other folks are doing.

Best Regards,
BB

Founder of GMAT Club

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Status: Build your own dreams,Otherwise some one else will hire you to build there's.
Concentration: Finance
Schools: BYU-Marriott'18
GMAT 1: 590 Q45 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.68
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 21 [1] , given: 30

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2016, 07:00
This post received
KUDOS
Building a interface similar to that of gmat might be too lengthy a process.
But including timer above questions and validating which are right and which are wrong might be some what helpful.
Based on this ,include some RC's in workbook area as well.

:) But ofcourse,only if its possible.

"Follow your heart and realize that your dream is a dream for a reason"
-Dori Roberts

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
WE: Operations (Computer Software)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 34 [1] , given: 22

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 23:15
This post received
KUDOS
What about a short 5 min video on how to use GmatClub and access most of the resources. It will be of great help for the new joiner to learn how to navigate through the website.

Did I Help You..If Yes.. Then Kudos Please.. :-)

1 KUDOS received
Math Forum Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 431 [1] , given: 518

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 23:34
This post received
KUDOS
Hi bb,

Can we have a select set of user defined bookmarks which appear to the user everytime he accesses the bookmarks. I know we can sort the bookmarks. But what I wish to see here is a certain set of bookmarks (say 5) which I need for quick reference instead of searching for it in my bookmarks.

Example: I want Bunuel's OG Quant repository to appear first in my bookmarks list always. I do not want to navigate to the 2nd or 3rd page of my bookmarks list to view the OG repository.

If this feature is already there, let me know how to do it :)..
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2016, 14:58
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Vyshak wrote:
Hi bb,

Can we have a select set of user defined bookmarks which appear to the user everytime he accesses the bookmarks. I know we can sort the bookmarks. But what I wish to see here is a certain set of bookmarks (say 5) which I need for quick reference instead of searching for it in my bookmarks.

Example: I want Bunuel's OG Quant repository to appear first in my bookmarks list always. I do not want to navigate to the 2nd or 3rd page of my bookmarks list to view the OG repository.

If this feature is already there, let me know how to do it :)..

Hi. Thank you for the suggestion. For such case, I would suggest making a folder in your browser Navigation bar called "GMAT Club" and putting those 5 links in there - it will enable you with fastest access to the links you use most often. I do this....

Kind of like this:

Founder of GMAT Club

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2016, 13:56
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Today we have added ability to hide Timer Stats and Tags in the forum

Here are some screenshots of how it works (pretty self explanatory). There is a bug as the result of this feature, however - white space is now present below short posts; we should be able to address it within a day or two.

Attachment:
2016-03-01_1252.png
2016-03-01_1252.png [ 95.73 KiB | Viewed 470 times ]

Attachment:
2016-03-01_1252_001.png
2016-03-01_1252_001.png [ 83.31 KiB | Viewed 470 times ]

Founder of GMAT Club

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 24 [1] , given: 13

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2016, 22:24
This post received
KUDOS
Hi BB,

I have a suggestion which can tremendously help students browse thru forums or during tag search. I had submitted this in GMAT member survey as well. Not sure if you got a chance to read that.

Let's consider a scenario where I want to attempt questions with difficulty level 700 and Source : Official guide. I use the search function and find those questions. But there is no way for me to know right away if I have already attempted those correctly. I actually have to go inside each question to check if I had used the Timer to attempt that question.

You already capture that data when I attempt questions - anywhere, in any forum.

What if we can include a green tick or a star against all questions previosuly attempted. So that I don't have to check it one by one by going inside the question. Same can be applied on general forums as well. That will save so much time, and students can focus on questions that they have not attempted earlier.

I am attaching a mockup of the screen. Pardon my photoshop skills.
Attachments

File comment: Page mockup.
GMATclub_Forum.png
GMATclub_Forum.png [ 217.65 KiB | Viewed 427 times ]

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 00:10
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Dienekes wrote:
Hi BB,
The latest feature to hide/show tags/timer is great, congrats on that! I have a quick question on same - is it possible to toggle the show/hide feature at the user profile settings level rather than just the thread level?
Thanks!

Yes, something stopped working. For some reason these settings are not saved globally. It should be applied to all posts/topics. We'll look into it. Thank you.

Founder of GMAT Club

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 10:37
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Alright, we have a take 2 of the tags and timer stats - these are now saved in your profile and you can hide/show all timers/tags across all forums and these savings will be saved. You can control show/hide settings by toggling them on a question timer/tags. Once you set them to be hidden or visible that's how they will stay until you change the setting. This will only work for users who are logged in.

Welcome comments and suggestions!

Founder of GMAT Club

Have a Suggestion? Post It Here   [#permalink] 11 Mar 2016, 10:37

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  21    Next  [ 420 posts ]