Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:47 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72886 [1]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 713 [1]
Given Kudos: 138
GMAT 1: 470 Q30 V20
GMAT 2: 620 Q42 V33
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 191 [1]
Given Kudos: 130
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
@p00rv@ wrote:
I mean the data which is available in a particular thread/forum to be exported to excel for easier accessibility and tracking purpose.

For example, currently we can see the data in a forum like as in the attached snapshot1:

But if we want to know how many questions are there in total in this particular forum we will have to manually count the number of questions which is really tedious.
However if we had the “export to excel” functionality made available, we could easily pull out the entire data from this forum into an excel sheet and can perform multiple functions like: filtering the posts only by such and such author and attempting only those questions etc. as shown in the attached snapshot2(in which I have filtered only on the questions from Bunuel and Toughguy and I know I have to do 3 questions in total which are by these guys).

As far as I know export to excel functionality is easily available in a website and may be in this case it is only available to the moderators of this website and not to every user. If only this option can be made open for all users it will be really convenient for us. I'm sure the moderators are pulling out the data which they display in excel formats by using that functionality only and not by manually copying that data and pasting(and formatting etc.) into excel sheets ..

~@p00rv@
Kudos are free so consider being generous ;)

Thank you for the suggestion!
This feature does not exist at this time but Moderators are probably faster and need it less since they have mastered the sorting system and filtering by tags.
I am going to have to check on how easy/fast it is to create something like that. I would suggest that you use the question bank link to filter questions you need meanwhile. You can limit your search to be by a specific author, so yes, you would have to tweak things a bit but after 5 mins playing with search/tags, you should nail it.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE:General Management (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi guys,

First of all, thanks for building this amazing community :D I've a suggestion for you.

Can you implement 'personal tags?' I mean, let's say, for example, I chose to review a topic/question again later, I can mark it accordingly for my own purpose. The possibilities are endless :) And I think it is pretty easy to implement on phpBB.

Thanks for noticing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 187 [1]
Given Kudos: 379
WE:Advertising (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

It is only a request, but I feel that it would be best if we stick to OG questions with regard to "Question of the day" particularly in the verbal section. Non OG questions, seem ambiguous.

Regards
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
kivalo wrote:
Is it just me or the timer doesn't show which answer have you chosen? After solving RC passage (9 questions) I wanted to copy them to my error log but I noticed that I am not able to determine which answer I selected and was it correct (of course, I don't remember it for every question)

There was a request previously to hide answer choices and only display correct/incorrect. We are working on some improvements that would enable you to see your answer choices. However, currently they are hidden.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
AnubhavK wrote:
Hi bb,

Thanks for the prompt response. I just tried changing the password on Gmat Club website and used the new password with username on Gmat Club iOS app. The problem still persists and I wanted to know one more thing. Is the restricted access on the app because I am required to redeem few points to get the iOS app access? I just noticed one of the options listed under redemption items list. Please confirm. Thanks once again.

Are you logging in with your username or email address?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
AnubhavK wrote:
Yes, done - I always used my email address to fill in the details for username.

Great. We know the reason for this now. Thank you for your help! Glad we figured it out! (let me know if any other issues).
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
sails901 wrote:
Hey bb

A suggestion with regard to the Timer on the questions. It would be great if the timer could display the choice that you selected when answering the questions.

For instance, after answering the question the timer does display the correct answer with a green background, but it does not show which is the answer you selected.

The reason behind requesting the feature is because many a times after reviewing the question and each answer choice I tend to get confused with the answer that I had selected. This especially happens when the answer choice that I had selected is wrong. If the answer choice that had been selected could be stored in the workbook, it would just serve as a good reference point when reviewing the workbook again.

We used to have this feature enabled. However, users have asked to remove it since they did not want to see their answer when revisiting/reattempting the question. Currently, you can see this information in your workbook.
IIM School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1238 [1]
Given Kudos: 1207
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
hi bb / Folks

I recently came across this new tag of "New Comer's Post"(right below notifications icon) recently while browsing
and would like to express my gratitude to back end team and moderators for coming up with this idea.
gmatclub is definitely a google in itself for any aspirant and it makes lot of sense to help anyone
reply to a new post. The criteria of min three posts ensures to get correct strategy for the newcomer in his/ her journey.
Unfortunately I have no existing post to help with kudos to you guys!! :lol: :-D

WR,
Arpit
press kudos if you liked this post
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 184 [1]
Given Kudos: 285
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.65
WE:Marketing (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi bb , I have a suggestion for the chat room.

I have attended two chat in this week. It is a wonderful tool for us!
Anyway, when chatroom is full of people and full of question, chat room will be li'l bit messy, especially when someone answers the question from the previous question that is disappeared because of so many messages appears in the middle.

Can we provide "quote" feature in which similar with the "reply" feature in https://gmatclub.com/chat in our chat room?
So everyone can understand what the speakers are saying, what the speakers are responding for.

Thank you!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 832 [1]
Given Kudos: 235
Send PM
Kudos
Is it possible to have a report of the posts that were posted through 'Request Expert Reply'?

Posts that were posted through 'Request Expert Reply' are very important to me. Generally important questions are posted through this option. Therefore, it is needed to follow-up these questions. If there is a report as mentioned above, it will be helpful.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 832 [1]
Given Kudos: 235
Send PM
Kudos
In CR, I am seeing a lot of topics are named as 'Which of the following most logically completes the passage?', though the passages are not same. In this case, I think the topic name should be from the the first part of the passage like the naming of SC topics. System may ban the above naming, showing up a pop-up message of what should be the topic name.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [1]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Kudos
I would love if the comments appear like they do on facebook. One reply can have the quotes pertaining to it underneath and not form a new reply. I hope i expressed my thought effectively. Attaching a pic for reference
Attachments

File comment: For instance instead of 2 seperate replies. They could be one. where in you can click on the original reply and you can see all replies to that underneath. I hope I make sense here
123.png
123.png [ 97.87 KiB | Viewed 1700 times ]

VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [1]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Kudos
Suggestion - Make multiple notifications from the same topic as one notification.

I logged on to my GC account and saw three notifications. All i could see ( check attached pic for reference) was 3 people replying to the same thread and it was shown as new post. Instead of a new notification every time someone posts in a thread I think it would be better if all the three notifications could be clubbed as one and shown as you have 3 new/unread posts in the fuqua thread instead of 3 notifications with new post , new post , new post.

Regards,
HK
Attachments

File comment: Club all the new notifications for a thread into one
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 40.03 KiB | Viewed 1529 times ]

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [1]
Given Kudos: 579
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GPA: 3.35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Cool!!! Reply Feature add to CHAT bb Thanks a lot
Attachments

Chat Reply.jpg
Chat Reply.jpg [ 19.89 KiB | Viewed 1480 times ]

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [1]
Given Kudos: 579
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GPA: 3.35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
HI bb,

Thanks for one more change Bookmark looks good :-)
Attachments

Bookmark.jpg
Bookmark.jpg [ 15.78 KiB | Viewed 1942 times ]

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: ND
Own Kudos [?]: 246 [1]
Given Kudos: 655
Schools: Rotman '21
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi bb ,

First of all I would like to thank everyone here for the efforts exerted. GMAT club is a real added value to my studying practices.

I would like to highlight a minor problem that I have faced; I took one of Veritas free practice exams; but I found many questions to be familiar with as I have solved them earlier on GMAT Club, of course, this might have overestimated my score.

I suggest that labels be added to the question bank to differentiate between the CATs questions and the prep questions for each provider; so that we have Veritas prep and Veritas CATs; Kaplan prep and Kaplan CATs, etc..; as it is done for the OG questions and the GMAT prep. I don't try to solve GMAT prep at all, in order to save these questions for my CATs.

Also, some people need to be educated to use these labels properly and not to underestimate their importance, I find many questions with no sources mentioned, I don't solve these questions to make sure I keep GMAT prep questions only for my practice exams.

Please let me know what do you think... :-)
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Sorry, we had roll back a few improvements/features due to some issues/conflicts on the site. We will roll them back out more gradually.

BB
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  44