Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Jul 2014, 15:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Have a Suggestion? Post It Here

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 35 [1] , given: 23

GMAT Tests User
Practice questions posted should have more sub-catagories [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2009, 07:52
This post received
KUDOS
When you post a question there should be check-boxes to select from a list of question types. For example:

Question type (check all that apply):

_Variables in answer choices
_Geometry
_Linear Algebra
_Number theory
_Square roots
_Subject-verb agreement
_Parallelism
etc....

Now when I search, I should be able to search all geometry questions, or questions with variables in answer choices, so I can easily find a selection of them and practice the area sufficiently.

Thanks!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: South Asian B-schools
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 59 [1] , given: 37

GMAT Tests User
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2009, 12:53
This post received
KUDOS
***********************I have 2 suggestions ******************************

Suggestion 1
My suggestion is to assign a Level Of Difficulty (LOD) to each question such as Low, Medium, High and tough. Also if we can club LOD with each category, everyone can actually choose which level to start with. From Low level each one can slowly graduate to next higher levels in each category (Medium, High, Tough). our moderators & founders should assign a LOD to each question and it will get categories it self accordingly on forums' active board under a specific topic. I think clubbing this with your tagging system will work really well.

for example : An intern can chooses to enter Critical Reasoning at any level (LOD) say High for any topic say Bold faced question as per his wish (because we don't know how good he is) and starts answering.

Also kudos should have differntial marking for each level; hence a tough kudos will score say +4 and low kudos will score +1.

Suggestion 2
why can't we have standard font as specified by GMAT for all questions, even blue screen with white background. This will give a real feel that one is solving on GMAT test screen. See this is not a eureka suggestion but it wil just make our experience like one in the real GMAT test screen..that's it

Bhushan S.
If you like my post....Consider it for Kudos :-D

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 1

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2009, 04:05
This post received
KUDOS
Dear BB,

I would like to suggest here to standardize our forum:

1- A lot of pictures are too large, it need to reduce width and length
2- It's also with long quotes.

These make a lot of spaces in topic and really difficult to read!

Remember to give kudos if it's useful for you !!!

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 151 [1] , given: 17

GMAT Tests User
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 03 Sep 2009, 06:10
This post received
KUDOS
I love this "Tag" way of posting
very innovative indeed!

Few tags which are already there in SC are
"Resources, Subject Verb Agreement, Verb Tense, Pronouns, Vague Pronouns, Modifiers, Style and Usage, Parallel Structure, Comparisons, Hard Question, Verb Voice, Nouns, Adjectives and Adverbs, Idioms, Conjunctions, Punctuation, Clauses, Which/That, GMAT Prep, OG, ETS Paper Test, Debatable OA "

I suggest the following(and will add more if i get any in other sections)

Gerund, use of being, Subjunctive, If-Then, Infinitive , Dangling Modifier,Participle Parallelism .

Also if its not done, pls arrange the tags alphabetically

thanks BB

math-polygons-87336.html
competition-for-the-best-gmat-error-log-template-86232.html

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 10

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2009, 19:27
This post received
KUDOS
Hi, in the tags add an extra tag called 1000 SC's as most of the questions that we discuss here are from this section.
This would help us to filter out....
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Followers: 62

Kudos [?]: 379 [1] , given: 56

GMAT Tests User
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2009, 11:06
This post received
KUDOS
I was just wondering if we can have a feature like follower or fan of other members ? Example, if member A is follower or fan of member B, member A should be notified of any new posts / activities submitted by the member B in public forums. It would be really helpful in tracking posts of good contributors.

ISB 2011-12 thread | Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB
All information related to Indian candidates and B-schools | Indian B-schools accepting GMAT scores
Self evaluation for Why MBA?

1 KUDOS received
CIO
CIO
Followers: 87

Kudos [?]: 638 [1] , given: 334

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2009, 05:25
This post received
KUDOS
The forum search doesn't catch short strings like m03. It doesn't regard similar strings with numbers in them as words. I suggest you use the Custom Google search at the top of every forum page. Another idea is to search for a string from the question and not just the question number. Custom Google Search usually does a very good job of searching for a specific string from the question.

I assume you know about this thread, but want to remind about it anyway:
gmat-club-tests-master-threads-all-tests-78599.html

You might be able to find some discussions in there too.

The website is sometimes slow but it shouldn't stay slow for a long time though. Feel free to email us at support@gmatclub.com whenever the website is too slow.

Thank you for the feedback!
linkinpark wrote:
Hi,
I've been passive member of this forum, I'm really not so happy with the search function, I tried so many options but always the message comes up stating the search criteria has too common words. I simply wanted to find e.g. test m03's q01 so I tried a.[m03, q01] b.[m03 is x>3] etc but to no avail

Other thing I've noticed is sometimes this site is terribly slow, not that my net connection is culprit because other sites were working fine at those moments

Your assistance will be great

Thanks

Welcome to GMAT Club! :)
Facebook TwitterGoogle+LinkedIn
Want to solve GMAT questions on the go? GMAT Club iPhone app will help.
Please read this before posting in GMAT Club Tests forum
Result correlation between real GMAT and GMAT Club Tests
Are GMAT Club Test sets ordered in any way?

Take 15 free tests with questions from GMAT Club, Knewton, Manhattan GMAT, and Veritas.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Followers: 26

Kudos [?]: 321 [1] , given: 19

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2010, 11:54
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
For the member profile, can we add GPA as well? This will help members gauge their chances at certain bschools a bit better. It seems that people are only posting GMAT scores above 700. I'm not sure if members are discouraged to post scores below 700. By having voluntary GPA information, it would provide a more balanced view and hopefully boost the confidence of those who has "low" GMAT score but high GPA.

Diversity

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V48
GPA: 2.97
WE: Sales (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 82

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2010, 13:39
This post received
KUDOS
Pathfinder wrote:
Well, GMATclub has grown up, it has overgrown GMAT and became a real Business school forum instead of just single exam forum. In that sense, I think it would be wise to have everything one needs to enter b-school in one place, instead to have many members that are forced to look for other forums for some important issues. TOEFL is certainly such an issue for ever growing number of international students.

I agree. I found this wonderful site long after I had taken the GMAT. I would like to be able to turn off all of the GMAT forum updates and just focuse on information about schools. Is that possible?
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2172

Kudos [?]: 7702 [1] , given: 3628

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2010, 15:11
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Pre777 wrote:
Pathfinder wrote:
Well, GMATclub has grown up, it has overgrown GMAT and became a real Business school forum instead of just single exam forum. In that sense, I think it would be wise to have everything one needs to enter b-school in one place, instead to have many members that are forced to look for other forums for some important issues. TOEFL is certainly such an issue for ever growing number of international students.

I agree. I found this wonderful site long after I had taken the GMAT. I would like to be able to turn off all of the GMAT forum updates and just focuse on information about schools. Is that possible?

You can control all of the communication preferences in your profile.
If you are subscribed to any forums, you can unsubscribe
Also, if you are subscribed to any threads, you can unsubscribe from them (individually)

Moreover, the forum is pretty smart. The way notifications work, for example let's say you participated in some thread a long time ago and now someone replied to it, if you do not visit that thread, you will not receive notifications about subsequent replies. So as long as you don't click through to visit the thread, you won't hear back from the system about it (it interprets it as if you don't care). Let me know if any other questions about this....

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 63 [1] , given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2010, 16:23
This post received
KUDOS
BB and the core group

Not sure how this works(not an web person) - i log in using different laptops(mac, pc) and if I read a post(say P1) from my mac, everytime i use the forums from the mac, that particular post will be displayed as read but if I use it from my pc, it is displayed as unread. Not sure if that information is stored in the browser setting/cache but it would be of great help for people to check the unread posts from different laptops/computers.
1 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator
WE 1: 4yrs in IT Industry
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 101 [1] , given: 324

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2010, 19:24
This post received
KUDOS
hi Guys

While posting a SC/CR question we have an option to specify which category does the Question fall into.(Ex 600-700 Level,700Level etc........)

Cant we add a new Category (Source 1000SC/CR). By Adding this, members can easily search for the question they require and we need to maintain a separate Sticky Thread for all the 1000sc questions.

One Final Try.......

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Booth, Stern, Haas

Kudos [?]: 44 [1] , given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2010, 01:37
This post received
KUDOS
Thanks to walker and bunuel and some other members we have math book, prob/comb problems collection and other useful products.
I know it is not easy but it would be nice to have similar thing for verbal part too. For example, grammar book.
1 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2010, 06:51
This post received
KUDOS
Very happy that a Stopwatch is added. But i Y is the stopwatch starting from 30:00?
any specific reason?

One Final Try.......

1 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2010, 10:01
This post received
KUDOS
HI,
After answering/posting in a particular thread we generally find the thread marked with a black Dot(indicating the that we have already posted in that thread). But since 7th Apr im unable to see it, making it difficult to distinguish between new threads and old(posted)threads

One Final Try.......

1 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 191 [1] , given: 6

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
This post received
KUDOS
I also noticed that the black dot is missing from the threads.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 2

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2010, 22:00
This post received
KUDOS
On my iPhone, and now on my iPad, it automatically takes me to the mobile version of gmatclub. I really like the full version experience, but there doesn't seem to be a way to switch back to that. Could that feature be added, to switch between Desktop and Mobile versions of gmatclub?
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
WE 1: 3.5 yrs IT
WE 2: 2.5 yrs Retail chain
Followers: 51

Kudos [?]: 673 [1] , given: 40

GMAT Tests User
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2010, 05:29
This post received
KUDOS
Hi,

I think GC is the best one stop for great discussions and quality of questions. I have personally experienced and seen that test takers look for good questions. So, if it is possible then please make some arrnagements so that people can get the list of all questions as per category such as:
All SC questions will be listed under SC section whether they are from OGs, 1000 series, GMAT prep etc. So, we can get all such questions at one link rather than searching for the questions on the forum. This way we can just try to polish our skills by doing those questions. Similarly, for other sections.

If moderator like to then we can have query filter to extract questions say in DS for the last two years then all those questions can be downloadable (in word doc format) so that members can easily access them.

Note: I don't know if such fascility is already available here. If yes, then please provide me the link.

Want to improve your CR: cr-methods-an-approach-to-find-the-best-answers-93146.html
Tricky Quant problems: 50-tricky-questions-92834.html
Important Grammer Fundamentals: key-fundamentals-of-grammer-our-crucial-learnings-on-sc-93659.html

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2010, 10:15
This post received
KUDOS
How about matching your response with what majority has responded for a question?

Whenever someone posts some question and people want to respond with their choice of A/B/C/D/E. If someone presses the option and selects confirm then he can be shown in what range his/her resonse falls :) One will be able to know how many selected which option A/B/C/D/E. Similarly, ones responses to all answered questions can be maintained by the online system where one can check for what percentage of question did one answered correctly. Categorised performance (SC, CR, RC, PS, DS) will be crucial part of this strategy. So, one can judge not only performance, but also accuracy, question difficulty level, week/strong areas, etc.

PS: There should be an option to mention the correct answer while posting a new question.

Want to improve your CR: cr-methods-an-approach-to-find-the-best-answers-93146.html
Important Grammer Fundamentals: key-fundamentals-of-grammer-our-crucial-learnings-on-sc-93659.html

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2010, 21:22
This post received
KUDOS
bb,

If there is some provision possible, then I want to add more to this.

Say, my performance details for all sections is as follows:

Verbal..................................................................................................Maths
SC [Correct#/Incorrect #]]........................................................PS [Correct#/Incorrect #]
CR [Correct#/Incorrect #]........................................................DS [Correct#/Incorrect #]
RC [Correct#/Incorrect #]

Is I click say CR link then I will be shown the categorised details of CR sections:
1. Assumptions [Correct#/Incorrect #]......................................................................[Members Done Correct#/Incorrect #]
2. Conclusion [Correct#/Incorrect #].........................................................................[Members Done Correct#/Incorrect #]
3. Strength [Correct#/Incorrect #]............................................................................[Members Done Correct#/Incorrect #]

And so on for all other sections. This feature will be unique on GmatClub and no other forum/website is providing such analysis for its members.

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here   [#permalink] 20 Apr 2010, 21:22