Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 04:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Have a Suggestion? Post It Here

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
GPA: 3.21
WE: Business Development (Other)
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 287 [0], given: 656

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2014, 03:00
Happy New Year everyone!!

Here are My 2 cents....

I quite like the idea of Question of the day/Questions for practice and look forward to it. Can you look at creating a link "RC of the day" just 1 or 2 passages depending upon the difficulty level where in you get a Passage every day or alt day on different topics in your email.

I get so engrossed in Math and SC that I seldom get time to look at RC forum.

You guys are doing absolutely awesome job...!!!

“If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 06:56
gmat score 530... awa 4 ... ir 4/8.... lost.. which b-schools in california?
Manager
Manager
GMAT Date: 10-22-2014
GPA: 3.45
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 47

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2014, 21:23
Kindly increase the range of years in Applicant Profile->Education->Graduation Year so that it includes 1989.

I will be able to complete my profile, hopefully.

Thanks.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2283

Kudos [?]: 8874 [0], given: 3670

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2014, 00:48
Expert's post
arunspanda wrote:
Kindly increase the range of years in Applicant Profile->Education->Graduation Year so that it includes 1989.

I will be able to complete my profile, hopefully.

Thanks.

Thank you for the suggestion. For now, put the lowest one there is. I am sorry we did not go that far back - you have definitely a year or two on most of us here :-)

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
GMAT Date: 10-22-2014
GPA: 3.45
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 47

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2014, 07:41
BB,

Thanks for your reply.

A few suggestions on improving the editor in order to increase user speed.

1. Visual information such as graphs and images, which are great aid in explaining inequality problems through co-ordinate geometry.
Needless to say, figures are essential part in geometry. Although the on-line editor allows posting of images, it seems graphing tools are absent.
To support functions to draw line and circle would benefit users.

2. Overlapping set, Distance-speed-time and other time-rate word problems require tabulated data.
To make things better in Quantitative section, it would be great to see tools to insert rows and columns.

It so happen that the basic editor has all the above functions and I am not aware of the usage.
You may kindly guide users like me-- how to post graphs and quickly draw table using existing facility.

Once again, thanks for such a wonderful forum with tons of tips.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2014, 11:01
Gmatclub,
When applying to Business school I found this site very helpful so thank you. I am now a 2nd yr MBA at Tulane....I am preparing to take the CFA-I in June. I would love it if you guys started a forum for this test. I know it would be useful and will become the source of the most and best information available, just as it has for the gmat. More specifically you should split the forum into I, II, and III.

Thank you,
ChaChris1 (gmatclub login)
Chris Adams
504-388-4011
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 25

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2014, 16:58
This post received
KUDOS
When I post a question, I do not see an option in the "source" section to specify that the question is self-made. I had to choose "others", and add a text along with the question to indicate that the question is self-made.

If many people are submitting their own questions to this forum, then it would make sense to classify the questions in a separate source category for the following reasons:
1) People can decide to ignore these questions (based on the source), if they just want to concentrate on questions from reputed test prep companies.
2) Gmat Club Tests can use high quality questions submitted by users
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2283

Kudos [?]: 8874 [0], given: 3670

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2014, 10:17
Expert's post
Game wrote:
When I post a question, I do not see an option in the "source" section to specify that the question is self-made. I had to choose "others", and add a text along with the question to indicate that the question is self-made.

If many people are submitting their own questions to this forum, then it would make sense to classify the questions in a separate source category for the following reasons:
1) People can decide to ignore these questions (based on the source), if they just want to concentrate on questions from reputed test prep companies.

Thank you. We have implemented the "Self-made" tag on Monday when you posted in all question forums. We'd love to see more self-made questions. The GMAT Club tests were self-made and are some of the trickiest and hardest questions. Look forward to more!

Thank you for the suggestion!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 25

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2014, 12:49
bb wrote:
Game wrote:

Thank you. We have implemented the "Self-made" tag on Monday when you posted in all question forums. We'd love to see more self-made questions. The GMAT Club tests were self-made and are some of the trickiest and hardest questions. Look forward to more!

Thank you for the suggestion!

Thank you! Wonderful to see that suggestions are read and worked on in a timely fashion :)
I hope more people come up with suggestions to improve the forum.
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here   [#permalink] 30 Jul 2014, 12:49