Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 18:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Have a Suggestion? Post It Here

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 2

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2010, 10:54
This post received
KUDOS
Hi BB,
I wanted to congratulate you for creating "Practice GMAT Questions" section. Its really really helpful for practicing lots of problem from lots of different sources. I do have a suggestions.

We must have certain pointer to identify if the post was replied by some expert. That will be really helpful for those, who still trying to build there base in certain area and looking for experts advise after try posted problem. For example : If I want to practice S-V agreement problem where experts were already given there valuable advise, Then I should be able to select those problems rather than searching. This will help me to verify, if my way of approaching that problem was similar to experts or not, or is there some other way i could have approached that problem.

I hope This would help lot many other people like me who trying to build the basics.

Thanks

Abhishek
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Schools: Tepper, McCombs, Kelley, Darden, Andersen
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 68 [1] , given: 35

Premium Member
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2011, 01:12
This post received
KUDOS
Hi bb,
Hope you're doing well. I have a suggestion for "Share your GMAT Experience" community. Lately, that forum has started looking very cluttered with a number of people starting their GMAT Journey threads or starting threads for suggestions.It'd be better if all these journey threads can be moved to some other forum possibly "GMAT" forum so that the "GMAT Experience" forum is utilized for what it meant for and it also looks user friendly,clean and uncluttered -like the way it was before.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q V
GPA: 3.59
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 35 [1] , given: 62

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2011, 02:33
This post received
KUDOS
hey bb - not sure if someone's suggested this already but would you want to activate the gc forums on "tapatalk". It's essentially a new app for mobile devices that will seamlessly integrate into all sorts of forums. Check it out at http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php

If you like it, Kudos please!
My Profile: 2011-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-93850-140.html#p892848

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2011, 03:51
This post received
KUDOS
Cookiesn wrote:
hey bb - not sure if someone's suggested this already but would you want to activate the gc forums on "tapatalk". It's essentially a new app for mobile devices that will seamlessly integrate into all sorts of forums.

Hi there. I totally agree with Cookiesn. It would be great if you could provide support for Tapatalk — I know from first-hand experience that it's quite easy to take care of on the forum's back end (it's just a matter of installing a simple plugin). At the same time, support for this native iPhone and Android app would address what is otherwise a much less-than-optimal mobile version of this forum and increase audience engagement — it would become much easier for us to follow and participate in forum discussions whilst away from our desktops/notebooks.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.37
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 152 [1] , given: 5

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2011, 04:37
This post received
KUDOS
It would be awesome to have a few of the text modifier options in the "Quick reply" box (bold, italics, underline, quotes).
1 KUDOS received
CIO
CIO
Followers: 87

Kudos [?]: 690 [1] , given: 334

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2011, 07:42
This post received
KUDOS
jko wrote:
It would be awesome to have a few of the text modifier options in the "Quick reply" box (bold, italics, underline, quotes).

Done.
Markstaa wrote:
Cookiesn wrote:
hey bb - not sure if someone's suggested this already but would you want to activate the gc forums on "tapatalk". It's essentially a new app for mobile devices that will seamlessly integrate into all sorts of forums.

Hi there. I totally agree with Cookiesn. It would be great if you could provide support for Tapatalk — I know from first-hand experience that it's quite easy to take care of on the forum's back end (it's just a matter of installing a simple plugin). At the same time, support for this native iPhone and Android app would address what is otherwise a much less-than-optimal mobile version of this forum and increase audience engagement — it would become much easier for us to follow and participate in forum discussions whilst away from our desktops/notebooks.

Done. Our forum should be available on Tapatalk now.

Welcome to GMAT Club! :)
Facebook TwitterGoogle+LinkedIn
Want to solve GMAT questions on the go? GMAT Club iPhone app will help.
Please read this before posting in GMAT Club Tests forum
Result correlation between real GMAT and GMAT Club Tests
Are GMAT Club Test sets ordered in any way?

Take 15 free tests with questions from GMAT Club, Knewton, Manhattan GMAT, and Veritas.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Schools: ISB
WE 1: Engineer - Larsen & Toubro, ECC Division
WE 2: Faculty - T.I.M.E.
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 130 [1] , given: 66

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2011, 10:52
This post received
KUDOS
I have this wild idea...
The concept is borrowed from another board (not evenly closely related to gmat... it was a tech forum)
The gist is:
members who have scored +760 and who have time to spare can offer to act as mentors. It would be a one on one thing.
e.g. John Doe has scored 770 on his GMAT and he is confident that he can help others score +760 as well. So he applies for the position of mentorship. The forum mods review his application and based on John's track record, the mods grant him the "GMAT Club Mentor" status.

Then Sally Ride comes along and she has a score of 680 on her GMAT. She isn't happy with her score and wants to score a +760. Sadly she doesn't know how! So she requests for a mentor. John Doe doesn't have any student under him. Thus, John Doe is assigned as Sally Ride's mentor.

The student-mentor will have a separate forum which will be password protected and completely invisible to everyone else. The mentor can then provide one on one guidance and help the pupil get the desired score.

Of course, there would be eligibility criteria such as:
Members with a minimum number of 200 posts and/or 50 kudos can ask for a mentor
Mentorship can be availed only for a period of one month
Members must have a minimum score (say 650) on actual GMAT or any recognized prep cat.

and perhaps rewards too...
e.g. If Sally scores a 760 on GMAT, John is rewarded with a medal or something (it can be displayed in the place where the GMAT Club Test Logo appears)

What do you think of this?

Mission: Be a force of good and make a positive difference to every life I touch!

From 650 to 710 to 750 - My Tryst With GMAT [Experience Thread]

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2011, 12:02
This post received
KUDOS
A forum section where people can sell/rent school related items (cars/furniture) other than GMAT books?

I.e. while I go to school in the East Coast, my house that is close to UCLA is available to rent for at least 2 years.
Where would I put this post? Off topic? Can I advertise it in the UCLA page?

Last edited by lulumocha on 04 Apr 2011, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 2

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2011, 12:40
This post received
KUDOS
I haven't read through this entire thread, this may have already been proposed, but how about a section for current mba students. It's pretty clear that this forum brings in high caliber individuals that are willing to pool their knowledge for the greater good of the community...so why stop that collaboration once we've been admitted? I think discussing topics and academic material we are currently facing at school, to get other perspectives from students that may be attending a school with a different approach, for example, would be of benefit to all.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q V
GPA: 3.59
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 35 [1] , given: 62

Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2011, 14:02
This post received
KUDOS
lulumocha wrote:
Yeah, for me I would much rather rent out my place to another MBA student who I know will most likely be here for two years, and if I know I was coming back in two years and he/she was leaving LA in two years, then perfect :-D

And selling my stuff like car, furniture etc I would be more inclined to give a better deal to people I find on this website. Also stuff people would dump might be useful to another future poor mba student.

And thanks, I will post in BSchool Life forum

bb wrote:
lulumocha wrote:
A forum section where people can sell/rent school related items (cars/furniture) other than GMAT books?

I.e. while I go to school in the East Coast, my house that is close to UCLA is available to rent for at least 2 years.
Where would I put this post? Off topic? Can I advertise it in the UCLA page?

Hm... interesting. We can rename/create a new "classifieds" forum. You an also post in the BSchool Life forum (that's intended for those who have already been admitted).

At the same time, Craigslist may be the ultimate answer

Definitely like the idea of it.

If you like it, Kudos please!
My Profile: 2011-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-93850-140.html#p892848

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Thread Master
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 129 [1] , given: 76

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2011, 00:53
This post received
KUDOS
This is not crucial, but a little annoying. Before, the "Go to page ..." links in the forum indexes were right below the last thread. With the inclusion of links in the right (mba guides, best discussions, etc), these links are now farther below. When scrolling down and searching for a specific thread, say in the B-School Application forum, and reaching the bottom, if you didn't find the thread you wanted and have to go to the next page, you either have to scroll down until the end, or up to the beginning to click on the links. Maybe there is a way to place the "Go to page..." links right below the last thread on the page, next to the right links (more in the center). Or maybe trim the right links to the actual length of the page. Do you think it's possible?
Here a picture of what I'm talking about.
Attachments

Screenshot - 9_15_2011 , 2_45_34 PM.jpg
Screenshot - 9_15_2011 , 2_45_34 PM.jpg [ 7.87 KiB | Viewed 989 times ]

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Operations (Insurance)

Kudos [?]: 85 [1] , given: 11

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2011, 09:24
This post received
KUDOS
bb wrote:
I would like to start an official "Suggestions" and "Improvements" thread - ideas welcome :idea:

This site has been built by members like you and many of the features are a direct contribution by many of them. If there is a feature you feel is missing or not fully developed, post it here - we'll be happy to install/develop/research as long as it's feasible.

Suggestions Submitted:

New sub-forum for GMAT-MBA journey posts (terp26)
    Submitted on 3/3/09

Spell check for posts (leonidas)
    Submitted on 2/27/09

Split Verbal Forum into question type categories (nitya34 and technext)
    Submitted on 2/24/09

Split the Math Forum into DS and PS sub-categories

Thread updated on 4/3/09

I suggest the site could allow users to start posts they feel are relevant and can be visited later .This could appear next to My posts and will really hep track topics or discussion threads I want to refer to in the future
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 80 [1] , given: 157

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2012, 05:25
This post received
KUDOS
The application tracker will be more effective if it can be synced with a users list of schools. If I were to apply to 5 schools, then I would be interested in looking at the activity of only those schools.

Making the list user friendly should not be a major problem, as the display could be sourced from a users list.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 7

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2012, 07:12
This post received
KUDOS
I am a new user. The forum includes tons of absolutely valuable material. However, many posts are over-flooded with different forms of appreciation: thank you, great post, great job!, great compilation etc. If these make up most of the post by volume, they eventually become annoying. Therefore, I propose to add to forum etiquette that this kind of posts are discouraged. Instead, one can give the other 'kudos' for great stuff. Let's keep posts short and simple, and we all benefit from it ...
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GRE 1: 322 Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE: Education (Health Care)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [1] , given: 69

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 18:12
This post received
KUDOS
I think the school colors that show our application status ( what-are-the-school-colors-and-how-to-change-them-74316.html#p1031570 ) should be tweaked to be less confusing

"Researching" and "invited to interview" should be different colors, not both blue

And I think "admitted from WL" should not be black

Maybe throw a brown gray or yellow in the mix somewhere

Just an idea
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 18 [1] , given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2012, 19:51
This post received
KUDOS
on the daily gmat questions... can we have it actually full black text and black lettering?

sometimes i'll scroll down too far and see the answers (even better than before)

GOAL: 7xx

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 25 [1] , given: 20

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 09:05
This post received
KUDOS
Hey guys,

I wont be surprised if this already exists in the GMAT club.

I was just wondering if we have an option to generate the GMAT Club test reports and find out the weak areas, along with the level of questions? I have seen this in MGMAT forum and its handy. Would be good if GMAT club tests also have option to generate reports that will accurately tell us the weak areas.

Cheers.

My First Blog on my GMAT Journey

Arise, Awake and Stop not till the goal is reached

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2012, 09:26
This post received
KUDOS
bb wrote:
Tapatalk did not work very well with the site, so it was a hassle (it would crash). Not sure if that has changed now.
We do have a mobile and standard view now that you can use for convenience. I will take a look into the Taptalk again.

-BB.

Thanks BB. Overall, not a big deal, since the standard view does work very well with mobile Safari & there are the links from the GMAT ToolKit app.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Operations

Kudos [?]: 18 [1] , given: 0

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 22 May 2012, 06:29
This post received
KUDOS
bb wrote:
cheerose wrote:
I know that there was a previous request, but are there plans on fixing access to the forum through the Tapatalk app?

Thanks,

Jeff

Tapatalk did not work very well with the site, so it was a hassle (it would crash). Not sure if that has changed now.
We do have a mobile and standard view now that you can use for convenience. I will take a look into the Taptalk again.

-BB.

I would greatly appreciate Tapatalk being looked at again to work with this site.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.7
WE: Sales (Other)

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink] New post 26 May 2012, 21:49
This post received
KUDOS
bb wrote:
Thank you for the ping. Let me put this back on the board (a big push with the new design/features is on right now changes-coming-to-gmat-club-on-june-5th-132619.html?fl=events)

Hey GmatClub team - How does an MBA applicant share their blog in the forums? Do you have a page where all blogs are listed?

My Road to an MBA - http://mbahopeful.wordpress.com

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here   [#permalink] 26 May 2012, 21:49