Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:19 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance
 Q48  V25 GMAT 2: 690  Q49  V35
GPA: 4.0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72862 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: Have to retake GMAT asap! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Parisa1362 wrote:
Thank you so much!
I will find out which ones I can find at the library and which ones I will need to buy today.
I noticed some LSAT and GRE verbal books in the "More Verbal Books", should I be working with them too?
Also, if there's a strategy as to which one I should be studying first and how many hours a day should I be spending on them ideally, that would be great.
One more question, should I kiss Math goodbye for now?

It is up to you how you structure your studies (math and verbal together or one by one).
Here is a sample study plan to help you get started: gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

Don't worry about LSA and GRE books - those are "extra" credit only.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I finally got my order of 3 MGMAT verbal books. (SC, RC and CR)
Believe it or not, I couldn't find these books at the biggest bookstores here.
Is there a way you'd recommend to go through these books?
I work full time, so I'm guessing I can study at least 2 hours a day on week days and more on the weekends.
Thank you so much!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear BB,
I'm almost done with my MGMAT Verbal books now (It took me a little more than 2 weeks to finish them). What do you think I should do now?
Should I proceed to taking full-length test? (I only have the 6 from MGMAT and 2 from what they send you when you register for the exam)
Also, I still haven't registered for the exam? Any advice on when would be the right time for me considering my situation?
Thanks you and I really appreciate this!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ok I'm done with the MGMAT verbal book and I still don't feel confident about my verbal. I have to take a full length test to confirm that. I think I might have to delay my test day although it's the last thing I would wanna do. I'm so confused, donno if I should sign up for another class like maybe Knewton or if I shold start taking the tests available to me and see how I do (I have studied all the book resources and what remains is a about 10 practice tests). Any suggestions!?
I made a mistake of taking too long for my first GMAT once, don't want to repeat the same mistake! :oops:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: finance & strategy
Send PM
Parisa1362 wrote:
Ok I'm done with the MGMAT verbal book and I still don't feel confident about my verbal. I have to take a full length test to confirm that. I think I might have to delay my test day although it's the last thing I would wanna do. I'm so confused, donno if I should sign up for another class like maybe Knewton or if I shold start taking the tests available to me and see how I do (I have studied all the book resources and what remains is a about 10 practice tests). Any suggestions!?
I made a mistake of taking too long for my first GMAT once, don't want to repeat the same mistake! :oops:

I am kinda in the same boat as you (haven't taken GMAT yet; but on simulated tests, my Q is in upper 40's and V in the low thirties).
My verbal strength areas are:RC>>CR>>SC So, I went through powerscore CR bible; was a little bit disappointed since there are not enough practice questions in it. But in the practice test I did better in CR by religiously following the tips and strategies mentioned.
Next I will attack MGMAT SC.
The point is that you may be surprised at your performance in the simulated test by following the strategies in the various verbal books.
Good luck.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
tusharvk wrote:
The point is that you may be surprised at your performance in the simulated test by following the strategies in the various verbal books.
Good luck.

Very true. Until you are getting 750+ in your GMAT Prep, I would not recommend deviating from strictly following strategies in the books
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for your responses everyone. I will go through the MGMAT practice tests and see how I do. As for strategies, I feel all the books are pretty much introducing the same methods (*MGMAT and *Kaplan) but each go in detail on some particular part.

Parisa1362 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I took GMAT on July 3rd 2009 and got 610 (Q:48, V:25) to my surprise. I'm not a native English speaker so maybe that's where the RC weakness comes from.
I had been taking Kaplan classes in Toronto and I had at least 4/10 scores of 700 and above (And the rest were pretty close to 700) and I was very shocked when I got 610 (I didn't run out of time or get stressed on the exam day either) . I was even eligible for Kaplan's Money Back Guarantee! I gave myself 2 months off and now I'm ready to get back on track and start studying for it. I haven't yet registered for the exam but am planning to take it 4 to 6 weeks from now.
I really thought I would get a score above 700 last time :( I will hopefully make it happen this time. I need 700 to get to my schools of priority.
I have these resources and have started studying them for a few days now:
Kaplan Book exclusive to Kaplan students
Barrons GMAT
13th edition GMAT Review
and all the material I have left from my Kaplan classes.
Please advise and let me know how you guys think I can improve my verbal score. I have a strong Math foundation so I need more practice on the verbal.
Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone,
I took the Knewton Trial GMAT and got 640 (Q45, V33) and I am debating whether I should join the Dec 12th to Jan 24th class, according to my history, does anyone have any suggestions?
I need to get 680-700 on the official exam. Appreciate all comments!
GMAT Club Bot