Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 16:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

have yet to score above a 5 on IR and test is sat?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 32

have yet to score above a 5 on IR and test is sat? [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2012, 16:01
should I panic? what is the best way to improve at this point?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 530 Q42 V20
GMAT 2: 540 Q43 V28
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
WE: Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 18

Re: have yet to score above a 5 on IR and test is sat? [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2012, 22:36
Some tips for IR.

- You have 4 types of question. Other than multi source reasoning - spend less time to read the whole passage.
- Try to make out as much as possible from the graphs/pictures/tables.
- Do not read the details immediately.
- Look for what is asked directly before reading the details.
- Check the pictures/graphs again and if you cannot comprehend anything, then read through the entire details.
- You can answer majority of the questions just by looking at the pictures and the questions.
- Try to use keyboard for calculators, instead of mouse - you can save few seconds for each problem.
- A single question will have 3 sub questions in that - spend more time on those or you can skip them if you are in short of time, because answering all 3 correctly will take time and you will lose all if you lose one, so be more cautious with those. Not sure, if the correct ones will be scored, but by GMATPrep they are marked incorrect in its entirety even if one goes wrong.

Hope this helps !!

KUDOS - if my post has helped you.

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.48
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 18

Re: have yet to score above a 5 on IR and test is sat? [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2012, 00:23
What practice tests are these IR scores coming from? I don't think I scored very well on MGMAT's IR section, but was able to get an 8 on the real thing. I found the MGMAT IR section to be more difficult and time consuming than the actual test.
Re: have yet to score above a 5 on IR and test is sat?   [#permalink] 02 Aug 2012, 00:23