Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 00:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HBS 2+2 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2017)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 245

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: HBS 2+2 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2017) [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2012, 05:44
Expert's post
Hi all,

I've merged the multiple HBS 2+2 threads for the Class of 2017 together. Duplicate posts across threads have been deleted.

Please use this SINGLE thread going forward.

Thank you!

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 649

Kudos [?]: 2754 [0], given: 879

Re: HBS 2+2 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2017) [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2012, 23:15
Expert's post
Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Schools: Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 113 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: HBS 2+2 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2017) [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2012, 09:02
Manhattan Review has had a 100% acceptance rate to HBS 2+2 for the past two years and here are some common threads that we see amongst our accepted candidates:

(a) great maturity and focus (maturity and focus beyond their chronological age);
(b) true sense of career and community service purpose;
(c) ability to distinguish yourself in more than one area of your life (career, leadership, community service, athletic, family situations, politics, etc);
(d) ability to interview well and to show that you have the ability to leverage your two years as well as be able to compete in the HBS classroom;
(e) strong interpersonal skills - demonstrated in different disciplines;
(f) diverse life experiences; this is different for every candidate;
(g) strong essays and recommendations -- on par with those submitted by older and more mature candidates;
(h) lastly, the sense that you are such a strong candidate that HBS wants to lock you up before another top program can steal you.

Kimberly Plaga
Senior Admissions Consultant
Manhattan Review

Manhattan Review GMAT Prep & MBA Admissions Consulting
Web: http://www.manhattanreview.com | Phone: +1.212.316.2000
Receive 20% off Admissions Consultings as GMATClub member!

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 649

Kudos [?]: 2754 [0], given: 879

Re: HBS 2+2 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2017) [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 13:38
Expert's post

Live Essay Writing Workshop, presented by Admissionado

Sigh. The MBA Application essays. Who thought it was a good idea to ask people to write 2000 words before they even get INTO school? Turns out, it doesn’t matter, because someone did… and now you have to come up with the most compelling and memorable essays about leadership that you can. And then do it again for every school you apply to.

It’s not easy, but this upcoming event should help. Submit your MBA Application essay to have an opportunity to have it reviewed for free by the team at Admissionado. Three essays will be selected, and if you are one of the lucky ones, you will have the opportunity to go through your essay with Phillip Herring (admissions expert and CBS MBA) in a live session. You will need to be OK with sharing your essay with attendees (don’t worry – we’ll keep your name/private info out of it), and available and online at the time of the event to chat it up with Phillip. Even if you aren’t selected, listen in, because there will still be plenty of essay advice to go around.

Submit your essay to lauren@admissionado.com by Monday, December 3. You will find out if you are selected by Wednesday, December 5. Then join the live event on Thursday, December 6 at 6pm PST. Register Now [FREE!]

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2017) [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2012, 00:45
I can't believe results come out in less than 2 days. It's horrendous timing - I'm in the midst of finals. Best of luck to you all!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: HBS 2+2 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2017) [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2013, 22:40
Have read around on some blogs that HBS is now accepting a 2-page resume given that their essay prompts have been so drastically revised. I am a R2 2+2 applicant and going through the final edits. For jobs I know the rule is always, always, always one page ... but I'm entering unfamiliar territory here with b-school admissions.
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 533 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: HBS 2+2 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2017) [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 03:40
Expert's post
As a 2+2 applicant there is no way you have enough stuff of interest to fill two pages. Two pages is fine when you have 8 years of career behind you, with with 0 years... :)

Keep it to one buddy...

and good luck!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2017) [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 09:33
JonAdmissionado wrote:
As a 2+2 applicant there is no way you have enough stuff of interest to fill two pages. Two pages is fine when you have 8 years of career behind you, with with 0 years... :)

Keep it to one buddy...

and good luck!

To play devil's advocate, I got in Summer round with a 1.5 page resume. I quickly consolidated to a 1 page resume for job applications.
Intern
Intern

Re: HBS 2+2 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2017) [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 18:35
bryk wrote:
JonAdmissionado wrote:

Keep it to one buddy...

and good luck!

To play devil's advocate, I got in Summer round with a 1.5 page resume. I quickly consolidated to a 1 page resume for job applications.
This is exactly what I am referring to. I would love to highlight the numerous things I am involved in and even being incredibly succinct, am struggling to fit 1 page. Would love to overlap to fit under 1.5.

bryk, do you know if your case was typical or an exception?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2017) [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2013, 00:38
Posse wrote:
bryk wrote:
JonAdmissionado wrote:

Keep it to one buddy...

and good luck!

This is exactly what I am referring to. I would love to highlight the numerous things I am involved in and even being incredibly succinct, am struggling to fit 1 page. Would love to overlap to fit under 1.5.

bryk, do you know if your case was typical or an exception?

I haven't talked to any of the other applicants specifically about their applications, so unfortunately I can't answer your question. I am just one data point in a large pool.
Intern
Intern

Re: HBS 2+2 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2017) [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2013, 01:39
Thanks. I spoke to a friend of mine who was admitted in R1. He kept his under one page. I will as well, spent four hours working on it yesterday.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stanford '18 (A)
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: 750 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.9
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: HBS 2+2 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2017) [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 12:42
Is there a 2+2 thread for the upcoming rounds for the class of 2018?
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 245

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: HBS 2+2 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2017) [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 13:21
Expert's post
HappyBuddha wrote:
Is there a 2+2 thread for the upcoming rounds for the class of 2018?

Not yet. Next year's threads usually don't start until the current year is finished (during the summer months), but you are more than welcome to start one now if you want!

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: HBS 2+2 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2017) [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2013, 13:30
Hey guys,

I received my offer to HBS 2+2 program, Class of 2017, a few weeks ago (round 2). I look forward to meeting the other accepted applicants and if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!
Intern
Intern

Re: HBS 2+2 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2017) [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2013, 13:01
redds wrote:
Hey guys,

I received my offer to HBS 2+2 program, Class of 2017, a few weeks ago (round 2). I look forward to meeting the other accepted applicants and if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

can you share your profile?
Intern
Intern

Re: HBS 2+2 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2017) [#permalink] New post 20 May 2013, 06:58
It would be great if you wouldn't mind sharing your profile !

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Re: HBS 2+2 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2017) [#permalink] New post 20 May 2013, 07:00
The HBS selected guys kindly mention the X factor that gave you a shot

Posted from my mobile device Image
Re: HBS 2+2 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2017)   [#permalink] 20 May 2013, 07:00