Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:53 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: HBS 2+2 '19
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Schools: HBS 2+2 '19
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: HBS 2+2 - Calling all applicants (Class of 2019) [#permalink]
In for R2. Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
I'm also in for R2. Waiting fingers crossed. Is there someone around who has got the invite already?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mrehanms wrote:
I'm also in for R2. Waiting fingers crossed. Is there someone around who has got the invite already?

Don't want to be harsh with you, but are you high? All 2+2 applicants receive invite on February 4th. How could someone receive it earlier?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Surik wrote:
mrehanms wrote:

Don't want to be harsh with you, but are you high? All 2+2 applicants receive invite on February 4th. How could someone receive it earlier?

Hey Surik!!

I read the admission director's blog too, and know invites come on the 4th. Preparing for the interview (I'll get a call I hope) and was looking for someone who got a call in R1. Didn't find an admitted post only for 2+2, and wanted to find out how a 2+2 interview is different from a normal HBS interview.

Please don't judge before you know the whole picture.

Regards
Rehan
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mrehanms wrote:
Surik wrote:
mrehanms wrote:

Hey Surik!!

I read the admission director's blog too, and know invites come on the 4th. Preparing for the interview (I'll get a call I hope) and was looking for someone who got a call in R1. Didn't find an admitted post only for 2+2, and wanted to find out how a 2+2 interview is different from a normal HBS interview.

Please don't judge before you know the whole picture.

Regards
Rehan

3 reasons why you are high:
1) You can't use the word "already" for Round 1 applicants because you know they received their calls a long time ago. (And you got a high score on Verbal.)
2) Your profile states that you are "HBS 2+2 '21" applicant. Please, do the math. (And you got the maximum score on Quant.)
3) I am just playing with you, don't be so touchy.

Hope to see you in class in couple of years. :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
Anyone else still on this thread?

Just applied for round 3. Hoping to find some moral support and hoping we can keep each other updated.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
Send PM
NaiveUndergrad wrote:

Just applied for round 3. Hoping to find some moral support and hoping we can keep each other updated.

Yes, still here. Round 3 2+2

Good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V44
Send PM
tanchoco wrote:
NaiveUndergrad wrote:

Yes, still here. Round 3 2+2

Good luck to all!

Same here! Good luck to everyone! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys,

I am just wondering if I would have a shot for HBS 2+2, what do you think?

My profile:

EDUACTION:
·BEng. Graduated top 1.5% from the best spanish school in my field. Wrote bachelor thesis in partnership with one of the leading companies in the field as well.
·Now pursuing MEng in a top european university (top 10 globally). Received full scolarship from the institution.

WORK EXPERIENCE:
·3 month internships in Spain, West Africa and the Middle East. 50-100 employees companies, no big names. (I am still looking for this summer internship, but it won't be in IB/MC)

EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
·During Bachelor:
Debating team, president of a student association during 2 years, football team.

·During Master:
MUN team of my university (attended various conferences including worldMUN), co-founder and treasurer of a student association, and Project Manager in another association.

·Social:
Engaged in a social voluntary program the first summer during my bachelor in northern europe rebuilding an old museum.

ADDITIONAL:
Languages: Fluent in English, french, spanish and catalan
Winner of a Deloitte business game, selected as one of the 30 spanish most promising students in '13

GMAT: To be taken

Thanks so much for your opinions!

Best,
R
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Rivier wrote:
Hey guys,

My profile:

EDUACTION:
·BEng. Graduated top 1.5% from the best spanish school in my field. Wrote bachelor thesis in partnership with one of the leading companies in the field as well.
·Now pursuing MEng in a top european university (top 10 globally). Received full scolarship from the institution.

WORK EXPERIENCE:
·3 month internships in Spain, West Africa and the Middle East. 50-100 employees companies, no big names. (I am still looking for this summer internship, but it won't be in IB/MC)

·During Bachelor:
Debating team, president of a student association during 2 years, football team.

·During Master:
MUN team of my university (attended various conferences including worldMUN), co-founder and treasurer of a student association, and Project Manager in another association.

·Social:
Engaged in a social voluntary program the first summer during my bachelor in northern europe rebuilding an old museum.

ADDITIONAL:
Winner of a Deloitte business game, selected as one of the 30 spanish most promising students in '13

Best,
R

Hey man, not really sure we're the best people to be asking considering we're just hopeful applicants like yourself, and not admissions consultants/people with admissions experience. However, based on your profile and my very limited understanding of what admissions committees care about, you seem like a candidate that would not be wasting his or her time in applying. It's also hard to make this call before knowing a GMAT score for you. Anyone else's thoughts?

Also, are you in your final year of study in your masters program? Or your second to last year? Because if you're in your last year you already missed the last round deadline. If in your second to last year it would seem as though you're in a solid place to be ready for Round 1 next year.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
NaiveUndergrad wrote:
Rivier wrote:
Hey guys,

My profile:

EDUACTION:

WORK EXPERIENCE:

·During Bachelor:

·During Master:

·Social:

ADDITIONAL:

Best,
R

Hey man, not really sure we're the best people to be asking considering we're just hopeful applicants like yourself, and not admissions consultants/people with admissions experience. However, based on your profile and my very limited understanding of what admissions committees care about, you seem like a candidate that would not be wasting his or her time in applying. It's also hard to make this call before knowing a GMAT score for you. Anyone else's thoughts?

Also, are you in your final year of study in your masters program? Or your second to last year? Because if you're in your last year you already missed the last round deadline. If in your second to last year it would seem as though you're in a solid place to be ready for Round 1 next year.

Hello Naiveundergrad,

Thanks so much for your answer.

I am currently in my second to last year (I'll be graduating in august 16', God willing), so I would be applying for R1/R2 next year. I don't think I have much of a chance to have a decent Gmat score ready for R1 but I can give it a try.

In regards to that, do you think that it makes a big difference to apply for R1 or R2? Would I be missing lots of chances if I apply in R2? Such as someone with a similar profile to mine has already applied in R1 and therefore I would not be that 'attractive' for admissions, or that principle applies more for standard programmes but not for pre-admission programmes?

Good luck for your application btw!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Rivier wrote:
NaiveUndergrad wrote:
Rivier wrote:
Hey guys,

My profile:

EDUACTION:

WORK EXPERIENCE:

·During Bachelor:

·During Master:

·Social:

ADDITIONAL:

Best,
R

Hello Naiveundergrad,

Thanks so much for your answer.

I am currently in my second to last year (I'll be graduating in august 16', God willing), so I would be applying for R1/R2 next year. I don't think I have much of a chance to have a decent Gmat score ready for R1 but I can give it a try.

In regards to that, do you think that it makes a big difference to apply for R1 or R2? Would I be missing lots of chances if I apply in R2? Such as someone with a similar profile to mine has already applied in R1 and therefore I would not be that 'attractive' for admissions, or that principle applies more for standard programmes but not for pre-admission programmes?

Good luck for your application btw!

Again, I can't say I really know that much about this process, but from what I know, it seems as though it is highly advantageous to apply in R1 as opposed to R2 mainly because there are the most available spots then. Also, you have like 5 months between now and R1, so I'm sure you'd have a good shot at getting your ideal GMAT score. You could easily put in the ~150 hours of studying that even the prep companies recommend between now and then. That said, if you don't feel ready, I'd say wait for R2, don't stress too much about trying to get it in R1, because if you meet their standards, you'll probably get in anyway.

Caveat on all of this: I'm only a college senior so I probably don't know anything anyway.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Good luck everybody!! So nervous but not much of a wait left!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dinged...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Same... Ding
Intern
Intern
Send PM
How is it this hard?!! :evil: :evil: Dinged too....
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts