Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jun 2016, 15:24
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016)

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Current Student
avatar
Status: Harvard 2+2, Yale, Stanford
Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 55
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.81
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2011, 18:27
.

Last edited by solb22 on 09 Jan 2014, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Nov 2011
Posts: 9
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2011, 18:35
Very nice! Yeah, I'm aware business majors are a little disadvantaged as far as 2+2 is concerned, but we'll see. I submitted my application for R1 (October) and interviewed in November. I do have a job offer for after graduation with a consulting firm.

Do you know what your plans are for after grad?

Good luck to you, too! Less than two days!
Current Student
avatar
Status: Harvard 2+2, Yale, Stanford
Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 55
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.81
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2011, 10:09
.

Last edited by solb22 on 09 Jan 2014, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Nov 2011
Posts: 9
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2011, 10:11
solb22 wrote:
IM IN !!!!!!

Retiring from this forum. we gave it a good run guys.


I'm in, too!! Congrats solb22. See you soon, I guess!
Current Student
avatar
Status: Harvard 2+2, Yale, Stanford
Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 55
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.81
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2011, 04:26
.

Last edited by solb22 on 09 Jan 2014, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Dec 2011
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2012, 22:15
hey
I am a 1st yr student in Delhi College of Engineering(DCE), India.
I have been following this blog for quite some time now and i wanted to know how my getting involved in business related activities such as B-plan formulation, case studies etc in college would affect my chances when I apply in the 2+2 program?
I actually have an opportunity to do an internship in microfinance this summer or apply for a economics/management/leadership course in LSE but seeing as I am a science student and HBS 2+2 doesnt 'target' business course undergraduates, would it prove to be counter-productive to my chances of getting in?
Should i just stick to internships or other research opportunities in my field ?
thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2012
Posts: 7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2012, 23:49
hi,
i intend to apply in round 3.i've been completing my essays but now i'm stuck somewhere. in the "setbacks" essay,
two out of three setbacks are about my high school experiences. wold it be disadvantageous for me; i mean is
it important to mention setbacks from your college life???

pls help me!!!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 May 2011
Posts: 59
Location: India
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 5

Re: HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2012, 12:00
Any applicants for this round?
_________________

My debrief - http://gmatclub.com/forum/770-q50-v44-on-my-first-attempt-debrief-118007.html

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2011
Posts: 161
Location: United States
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GRE 1: 322 Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE: Education (Health Care)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 69

Re: HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2012, 12:02
rish2jain wrote:
Any applicants for this round?

I'm going to give it a shot for round two on Tuesday
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2011
Posts: 161
Location: United States
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GRE 1: 322 Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE: Education (Health Care)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 69

Re: HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2012, 12:08
rishika wrote:
hi,
i intend to apply in round 3.i've been completing my essays but now i'm stuck somewhere. in the "setbacks" essay,
two out of three setbacks are about my high school experiences. wold it be disadvantageous for me; i mean is
it important to mention setbacks from your college life???

pls help me!!!


I think they are really looking to see how you overcome challenges, and learn from your mistakes. They specifically want to know how you will react to these obstacles in bschool and in leadership positions. So pick the examples that are the most related.
Also try to vary your stories from different experiences.
And remember that this question is very open ended, a setback could mean a bad decision you made, a mistake, a act someone else made that negatively affected you, or a obstacle you had to overcome because of your young age, race, gender etc. really it could be anything, so think hard for a few good examples.

This was also a difficult essay for me, check this site for some other good insight:
http://www.veritasprep.com/blog/2011/05 ... 2011-2012/
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2012
Posts: 7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2012, 22:38
iamvolitant wrote:
rishika wrote:
hi,
i intend to apply in round 3.i've been completing my essays but now i'm stuck somewhere. in the "setbacks" essay,
two out of three setbacks are about my high school experiences. wold it be disadvantageous for me; i mean is
it important to mention setbacks from your college life???

pls help me!!!


I think they are really looking to see how you overcome challenges, and learn from your mistakes. They specifically want to know how you will react to these obstacles in bschool and in leadership positions. So pick the examples that are the most related.
Also try to vary your stories from different experiences.
And remember that this question is very open ended, a setback could mean a bad decision you made, a mistake, a act someone else made that negatively affected you, or a obstacle you had to overcome because of your young age, race, gender etc. really it could be anything, so think hard for a few good examples.

This was also a difficult essay for me,


Hey,
Thanks for sharing this. This essay has really been a tough one; I have tried to incorporate the experiences which have been the most influential but, was a little skeptic about them being from my high school days.
There are many sites which emphasize that preferably, one's experiences should not be from school life but i guess, if these experiences are framed correctly, they can also effectively convey the desired message!!!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2011
Posts: 161
Location: United States
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GRE 1: 322 Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE: Education (Health Care)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 69

Re: HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2012, 22:46
rishika wrote:

Hey,
Thanks for sharing this. This essay has really been a tough one; I have tried to incorporate the experiences which have been the most influential but, was a little skeptic about them being from my high school days.
There are many sites which emphasize that preferably, one's experiences should not be from school life but i guess, if these experiences are framed correctly, they can also effectively convey the desired message!!!


No problem, it was a tough one for me as well. I just finished the essay too and still wonder if there were better examples I could have used...
And I think you're exactly right, as long as you can show what you learned from your high school experience is equally applicable for your future, I think it's a good experience.
Plus as a 2+2 applicant they will expect you to have little work experience, so not having a setback from your career (like most websites suggest) will not be abnormal.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2012
Posts: 7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2012, 00:22
Yup! that's true.
Anyway, thanks :)
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2011
Posts: 161
Location: United States
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GRE 1: 322 Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE: Education (Health Care)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 69

Re: HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2012, 14:46
Just submitted my app last night at 2am!
After all the other applications I've done, I felt that this was definitely my best, it felt really solid.
It makes all my other apps feel like rough drafts :/

Grad school applications are definitely the best way to ruin a perfectly good Christmas break.
Thank goodness the snow at the ski resorts has been terrible this year, or else I would have had a harder time staying home to write essays...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2012
Posts: 7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2012, 07:47
iamvolitant wrote:
Just submitted my app last night at 2am!
After all the other applications I've done, I felt that this was definitely my best, it felt really solid.
It makes all my other apps feel like rough drafts :/

Grad school applications are definitely the best way to ruin a perfectly good Christmas break.
Thank goodness the snow at the ski resorts has been terrible this year, or else I would have had a harder time staying home to write essays...


that's gr8!!!
even i have a very strong feeling abt this program...
can u tell me more abt ur profile!!!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2011
Posts: 161
Location: United States
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GRE 1: 322 Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE: Education (Health Care)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 69

Re: HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2012, 10:26
rishika wrote:
that's gr8!!!
even i have a very strong feeling abt this program...
can u tell me more abt ur profile!!!


Hey rishika,
sure...

college senior
GPA 3.80/4.0
3 years FT work in a medical laboratory
2 years FT international volunteer experience
commercial pilot license
bilingual - french
24/M American citizen

you?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jul 2011
Posts: 5
Schools: HBS 2+2 '18 (D)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.85
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2012, 10:31
Rejected. Anybody get an invite from 2+2? I'm curious to see what profiles they're looking for.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2010
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2012, 12:35
anyone get invite today...? curious to find out if they sent out 2+2 interview invites today also...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Jan 2012
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2012, 12:48
apazukha wrote:
anyone get invite today...? curious to find out if they sent out 2+2 interview invites today also...

want to find out too...it's just too torturing..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Posts: 268
Followers: 30

Kudos [?]: 381 [0], given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2012, 13:01
Congrats to all who got in :)
_________________

Powerscore CR Bible Full Chapter Notes | Easily Extend Vocabulary List with Google Dictionary

Please kudo me if you found my post useful. Thanks!!! :)

Re: HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016)   [#permalink] 31 Jan 2012, 13:01

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24    Next  [ 478 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
10 Experts publish their posts in the topic HBS 2+2 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2017) ceoshubham 37 05 Aug 2012, 15:30
117 Experts publish their posts in the topic Yale SOM 2012 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2014) nink 831 16 Aug 2011, 11:26
240 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all HBS 2011 Applicants!! (Including 2+2) whiplash2411 2930 20 Jun 2010, 19:10
1 Calling all GRE applicant profiles for class of 2013/2014! zw12345 2 25 Jun 2011, 20:24
14 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all HBS 2+2 2010 applicants hbsguru 66 01 Mar 2010, 20:49
Display posts from previous: Sort by

HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016)

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.