Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 18:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016)

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 May 2011
Posts: 42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 Class of 2016 (Entering 2014) [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2011, 16:11
mind sharing your stats toucan47 ??
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Jul 2011
Posts: 9
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 Class of 2016 (Entering 2014) [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2011, 16:16
Sure thing:

Male, Caucasian
Entering senior, double pure science major
3.9 gpa
18 y/o (skipped a few years)
780 gmat (48V, 50Q, 6AWA)
Highlights of EC: Founded 2 student orgs: a social fraternity & and the entrepreneurship society at my school
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 May 2011
Posts: 42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 Class of 2016 (Entering 2014) [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2011, 16:33
toucan47 wrote:
Sure thing:

Male, Caucasian
Entering senior, double pure science major
3.9 gpa
18 y/o (skipped a few years)
780 gmat (48V, 50Q, 6AWA)
Highlights of EC: Founded 2 student orgs: a social fraternity & and the entrepreneurship society at my school


WOW !!!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Rising College Senior
Joined: 14 May 2011
Posts: 50
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V47
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: HBS 2+2 Class of 2016 (Entering 2014) [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2011, 17:55
toucan47 wrote:
Sure thing:

Male, Caucasian
Entering senior, double pure science major
3.9 gpa
18 y/o (skipped a few years)
780 gmat (48V, 50Q, 6AWA)
Highlights of EC: Founded 2 student orgs: a social fraternity & and the entrepreneurship society at my school

wow! what school do you go to?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 16 Jun 2011
Posts: 57
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 5

Re: HBS 2+2 Class of 2016 (Entering 2014) [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2011, 20:32
toucan47 wrote:
Sure thing:

Male, Caucasian
Entering senior, double pure science major
3.9 gpa
18 y/o (skipped a few years)
780 gmat (48V, 50Q, 6AWA)
Highlights of EC: Founded 2 student orgs: a social fraternity & and the entrepreneurship society at my school

some kick-ass stats!! all the best!!
_________________

If you find this post useful, leave a kudos :smile: | GMAT Debrief: 740 in just 1 month with OG only!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Jul 2011
Posts: 9
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 Class of 2016 (Entering 2014) [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 08:34
Thanks guys!

I go to a D1 but non-target school that is very close to my hometown; I didn't want to travel far when starting college young.

Who else is applying summer round here? Round 1? 2?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 May 2011
Posts: 42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 Class of 2016 (Entering 2014) [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 08:38
applied summer round. waiting for july 22nd. lets hope for the best
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Jul 2011
Posts: 9
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 Class of 2016 (Entering 2014) [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 08:40
rpsingh wrote:
applied summer round. waiting for july 22nd. lets hope for the best


Absolutely! Good luck rpsingh!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 May 2011
Posts: 42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 Class of 2016 (Entering 2014) [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 10:48
good luck to you too toucan
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Jul 2011
Posts: 1
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
GPA: 3.5
WE: Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 Class of 2016 (Entering 2014) [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 14:23
Hey guys! I am a newbie on the GMAT forms but I was planning on applying to 2+2 this fall in round 1!

I was wondering if I could get feedback on my stats and some advise on whether I need to retake the GMAT :)

GMAT:
710 [going to take it again in September hoping for a 750+]

Academics:
B.S. in Molecular Biology and B. A in Human Development from University of California - San Diego
GPA - 3. 5 with an upward trend

Internships:
1. Research Assistant in a Biotech Consulting Firm
2. Molecular Diagnostics at a cancer center
3. Worked in a autism lab

Leadership Positions:
1. Captain of South Asian A Cappella Team for 3 years
2. Core Leader in CSAP [ Coalition of South Asian People] trying to get more classes on South Asian at UCSD
3. Social Manager for the Vagina Monologues
4. Teacher's Assistant for Genetics class
5. President of a organization that promotes classical music in youth


Thanks everyone! :D
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Rising College Senior
Joined: 14 May 2011
Posts: 50
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V47
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: HBS 2+2 Class of 2016 (Entering 2014) [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 16:43
midnight23 wrote:
Hey guys! I am a newbie on the GMAT forms but I was planning on applying to 2+2 this fall in round 1!

I was wondering if I could get feedback on my stats and some advise on whether I need to retake the GMAT :)

GMAT:
710 [going to take it again in September hoping for a 750+]

Academics:
B.S. in Molecular Biology and B. A in Human Development from University of California - San Diego
GPA - 3. 5 with an upward trend

Internships:
1. Research Assistant in a Biotech Consulting Firm
2. Molecular Diagnostics at a cancer center
3. Worked in a autism lab

Leadership Positions:
1. Captain of South Asian A Cappella Team for 3 years
2. Core Leader in CSAP [ Coalition of South Asian People] trying to get more classes on South Asian at UCSD
3. Social Manager for the Vagina Monologues
4. Teacher's Assistant for Genetics class
5. President of a organization that promotes classical music in youth


Thanks everyone! :D


Hi there. I think you have a decent profile. Just need to work on the essays to show them a whole picture. 710 is a good score and is within the range (average is between 710 and 720 if i remember correctly). Retaking the exam might take the time you can use to write your essays so I suggest you not to..
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Ms. Big Fat Panda
User avatar
Status: Three Down.
Joined: 09 Jun 2010
Posts: 1879
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
Followers: 348

Kudos [?]: 1415 [0], given: 196

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: HBS 2+2 Class of 2016 (Entering 2014) [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2011, 06:07
Toucan: Your profile is really impressive and more so if you're 18! Good luck.

I'm a summer applicant too, so that's three of us on this thread. Fingers crossed :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 27
Location: United States (AL)
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 Class of 2016 (Entering 2014) [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2011, 09:31
Hey guys,

I am a summer round applicant as well. Is this program well-known in your respective universities? I still find that not a lot of people know about it at my school.

Thoughts?
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Ms. Big Fat Panda
User avatar
Status: Three Down.
Joined: 09 Jun 2010
Posts: 1879
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
Followers: 348

Kudos [?]: 1415 [0], given: 196

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: HBS 2+2 Class of 2016 (Entering 2014) [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2011, 09:37
I didn't really find out about the program through my university. I came across it when I was talking to a friend about something else when I at Harvard the summer after my freshman year (I think that was when it was introduced). It seemed interesting then and I kinda just followed up last year and applied.

Are you from the US?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 27
Location: United States (AL)
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 Class of 2016 (Entering 2014) [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2011, 09:39
whiplash2411 wrote:
I didn't really find out about the program through my university. I came across it when I was talking to a friend about something else when I at Harvard the summer after my freshman year (I think that was when it was introduced). It seemed interesting then and I kinda just followed up last year and applied.

Are you from the US?



No. I am from Canada. Maybe that's why. haha
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 27
Location: United States (AL)
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 Class of 2016 (Entering 2014) [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2011, 09:41
are the interviews still scheduled for the 17th-22nd of August? Also, will the invitation be sent by email on the 22nd for sure?
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Ms. Big Fat Panda
User avatar
Status: Three Down.
Joined: 09 Jun 2010
Posts: 1879
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
Followers: 348

Kudos [?]: 1415 [0], given: 196

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: HBS 2+2 Class of 2016 (Entering 2014) [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2011, 09:42
Haha, even so. :)

Yeah, the interviews are scheduled for August 17-23rd and one way or the other the applicants are supposed to find out about what happens on the 22nd. Super nervous :D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 27
Location: United States (AL)
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 Class of 2016 (Entering 2014) [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2011, 09:44
Yeah. I guess we all are. What does it come down to after getting the interview? Also, how many invited do you think will be sent out for the summer round? I am not sure what to make of this year's cycles...
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Ms. Big Fat Panda
User avatar
Status: Three Down.
Joined: 09 Jun 2010
Posts: 1879
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
Followers: 348

Kudos [?]: 1415 [0], given: 196

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: HBS 2+2 Class of 2016 (Entering 2014) [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2011, 09:53
GooglePlus wrote:
Yeah. I guess we all are. What does it come down to after getting the interview? Also, how many invited do you think will be sent out for the summer round? I am not sure what to make of this year's cycles...


No idea. Usually it's a 50% acceptance rate for the interviewed candidates (going off of the previous years' record). This year, we have no idea how many people applied summer round or any other stats for that matter. We just have to wait it out :(
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 27
Location: United States (AL)
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2+2 Class of 2016 (Entering 2014) [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2011, 09:57
whiplash2411 wrote:
GooglePlus wrote:
Yeah. I guess we all are. What does it come down to after getting the interview? Also, how many invited do you think will be sent out for the summer round? I am not sure what to make of this year's cycles...


No idea. Usually it's a 50% acceptance rate for the interviewed candidates (going off of the previous years' record). This year, we have no idea how many people applied summer round or any other stats for that matter. We just have to wait it out :(



You're right. One great disadvantage that we have is the unknown pool of entire applicants at this round and the next. Imagine previous years the adcom knew exactly who they had in the pool and would make judgements accordingly. Right now, however, the dynamics are a bit different. They have to be more selective to leave room for the other rounds. But I guess on the plus side, you have other competitive candidates who did not apply in your round, which without the cycles would have. I hope it all balances out.
Re: HBS 2+2 Class of 2016 (Entering 2014)   [#permalink] 14 Jul 2011, 09:57
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
3 Experts publish their posts in the topic Booth EMBA Class of 2016(2014 Intake) Calling all applicants blakjedi 10 13 Feb 2014, 12:21
3 Experts publish their posts in the topic HBS 2+2- Calling all Applicants (Class OF 2018) finished 23 24 Aug 2013, 18:09
411 Experts publish their posts in the topic Harvard (HBS) Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 tdawg 1093 21 Apr 2013, 03:11
8 Experts publish their posts in the topic HBS 2+2 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2017) ceoshubham 36 05 Aug 2012, 14:30
Display posts from previous: Sort by

HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016)

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  24    Next  [ 477 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.