Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Sep 2014, 18:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HBS 2+2 Profile Evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V45
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 2

HBS 2+2 Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2011, 04:03
I wanted to get an assessment of my chances for HBS 2+2 programme. I am a final year student in India majoring in Development studies.

Gpa: 3.4

Gmat: 770 51q 45v

Extra curricular: Mostly been interested in Development related policy making. Done four internships at major government agencies and think tanks which work on drafting policy suggestions for the government.

Started a theatre company in college and have used it both for entertainment purposes as well as for spreading social awareness of certain existing problems.

Was part of the college Basketball team

Have organised conferences in the college and have gathered experts on various development related topics.

I think I can spin all my extra curricular under one broad thread of development related activities. Primarily, I think an MBA will help me better understand projects that are implemented and how they can be made more efficient. So I plan to use that knowledge later on.

Can someone tell me how my profile fares? If I should change something up? Will my gpa affect my chances because i noted that the average gpa for HBS 2+2 was around 3.7.

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: HBS 2+2 Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2011, 06:34
Expert's post
octopig wrote:
I wanted to get an assessment of my chances for HBS 2+2 programme. I am a final year student in India majoring in Development studies.

Gpa: 3.4

Gmat: 770 51q 45v

Extra curricular: Mostly been interested in Development related policy making. Done four internships at major government agencies and think tanks which work on drafting policy suggestions for the government.

Started a theatre company in college and have used it both for entertainment purposes as well as for spreading social awareness of certain existing problems.

Was part of the college Basketball team

Have organised conferences in the college and have gathered experts on various development related topics.

I think I can spin all my extra curricular under one broad thread of development related activities. Primarily, I think an MBA will help me better understand projects that are implemented and how they can be made more efficient. So I plan to use that knowledge later on.

Can someone tell me how my profile fares? If I should change something up? Will my gpa affect my chances because i noted that the average gpa for HBS 2+2 was around 3.7.

Your GPA will be judged according to the program you are in (top Indian engineering programs, for instance, are known to grade harshly) and your class rank. If you have been able to shape projects and outcomes in your internships and through the conferences you have organized, then yes, I do believe you stand a chance at the 2+2 program.
Best of luck!

Regards,
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
jbloom@accepted.com
310-815-9553

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog