Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 06:06

Starting Soon:

Live Q&A Session with ISB Admissions Team  | |  Join Chat Room to attend this event

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HBS 2+2 vs. Stanford (Deferred - 2015)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

HBS 2+2 vs. Stanford (Deferred - 2015) [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 18:17
Anybody else in the same boat after R2?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2238

Kudos [?]: 8437 [0], given: 3647

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: HBS 2+2 vs. Stanford (Deferred - 2015) [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 19:55
Expert's post
Very well done!!! Congrats. Tough choice.... Anything attracts you to either program?

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: HBS 2+2 vs. Stanford (Deferred - 2015) [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 20:42
Thanks! I don't know, it's really hard to say. I like the advantage that Stanford would give me for tech. That being said, HBS definitely seems like it has a bit of a better prestige factor. I was hoping to get input from other individuals that are/were in the same boat.
VP
VP
Followers: 70

Kudos [?]: 442 [0], given: 450

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: HBS 2+2 vs. Stanford (Deferred - 2015) [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 22:14
Congratulations on the super admits.
This is a rather rare position to be in and understandably a tad more difficult one, because you are making the decision quite early in your career. Having said that, if the cliche 'you can't go wrong' holds true anywhere, it is for this choice. I hope you find a few people, who are facing the same dilemma, to discuss stuff! :)

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q V

Re: HBS 2+2 vs. Stanford (Deferred - 2015) [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 09:22
hey! well first of all: congratulations!

I am in the same position as you but for this coming year. And I am having the exact same dilemma. Although you have to admit it's a great dilemma to have.

I feel the same way as you. I wonder if Stanford would be a better experience for what I want to do (entrepreneurship) but then I wonder if I'd be stupid to pass up on Harvard because of its prestige. Plus Harvard is really trying hard in the entrepreneurship realm and is putting a lot of money into that area now.

Just in talking to people who don't know much about business schools, everyone is all about Harvard. In my family I have some very pro-Stanford and very pro-Harvard people. And I feel a bit pretentious and like a jerk for - not whining per se, but, you know, obsessing - over an opportunity I am very fortunate to have.

Im sure you're the same way in that you just dont want to make the wrong decision!
Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 308 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: HBS 2+2 vs. Stanford (Deferred - 2015) [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 09:32
collegesenior91 wrote:
Anybody else in the same boat after R2?

Congrats - just curious, when do you have to commit to either one? I would start reaching out to current students with lists of questions, etc.

As for saying "no" to the HBS prestige, I think you're really splitting hairs. Yes, it's the strongest B-school brand out there, but I'm pretty confident that GSB can get you wherever you want to go afterwards...plus, the weather is waaaaaaaay better in Palo Alto than Boston! :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Current Student
GMAT 1: 680 Q V0
GPA: 3.55
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: HBS 2+2 vs. Stanford (Deferred - 2015) [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2013, 06:20
Since they're both deferral programs, couldn't you put a down payment at both and then have 2 years to make your decision? Sure, you'd lose a bit of money, but in the scheme of things it's a small price to pay.

I'm also a bit confused on why the years are c/o '17 and '19 - with 2+2, wouldn't you also be c/o '17?
Re: HBS 2+2 vs. Stanford (Deferred - 2015)   [#permalink] 03 Apr 2013, 06:20