Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 08:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HBS 2012 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Booth '14 (A)
GPA: 3.9
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: HBS 2012 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2012, 14:07
jjoeteller wrote:
So just to keep this thread going... apparently some WL-without-interviewers got "released" today.

At this point I don't know if this is good or bad news, or simply irrelevant for the rest of us. This is really frustrating.

Do not bother to interpret the news my friend, just try to forget and live your life, we cannot change or predict it after this point. It is head or tails issue now... I was very excited on Dec 19 (when HBS waitlist) and Dec 20 (when wharton put me on waitlist). Then frustrated for a few days, then started to feel better and recovered. Now I do not want to go through the same things again. I hope they announce as soon as they decide. Apparently, HBS does not seem to do that. They will announce with round two announcements.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.4

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: HBS 2012 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2012, 18:09
Ok, you will probably think I'm crazy with this analysis, but it's really an effort to brainwash myself into hope, more than anything...

I actually went through last year's thread and took note of everyone that was WListed with interview, and then stalked their user history to see whether they eventually got in. I deliberately ignored people who just wrote "Just got in off the WL" if they hadn't expressed before that they had been waitlisted, in order to avoid self-selecting bias of ecstatic people who had just gotten in.

Results -->

rdxb admitted
hbsalias dinged
melody2120 admitted
pembahopeful admitted
lunasea29 no info
TOTAL = >60%

That's gotta be good news, come on. Who's with me?
Manager
Manager

Re: HBS 2012 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2012, 07:23
jjoeteller wrote:
Ok, you will probably think I'm crazy with this analysis, but it's really an effort to brainwash myself into hope, more than anything...

I actually went through last year's thread and took note of everyone that was WListed with interview, and then stalked their user history to see whether they eventually got in. I deliberately ignored people who just wrote "Just got in off the WL" if they hadn't expressed before that they had been waitlisted, in order to avoid self-selecting bias of ecstatic people who had just gotten in.

Results -->

rdxb admitted
hbsalias dinged
melody2120 admitted
pembahopeful admitted
lunasea29 no info
TOTAL = >60%

That's gotta be good news, come on. Who's with me?

Will you be going to booth too if not admitted to hbs?
I think the basic challenge in your analysis would be the small sample size but independently I think we have approximately %50 chance.
Did you calculate the first round intakes, second round and waitlist including %90 yield assumption?
Manager
Manager

Re: HBS 2012 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2012, 13:31
does anyone know the deposit deadline for first round?
Manager
Manager

Re: HBS 2012 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 12:26
maximus81 wrote:

Well, I don't, but I guess it's definitely before R2 decision day (which will most likely be our decision day too). Or why else would it matter?

Btw, yeah, I'm gonna go to Booth if I don't get into HBS. I already paid the deposit, actually. Did you?
Manager
Manager

Re: HBS 2012 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 13:10
jjoeteller wrote:
maximus81 wrote:

Well, I don't, but I guess it's definitely before R2 decision day (which will most likely be our decision day too). Or why else would it matter?

Btw, yeah, I'm gonna go to Booth if I don't get into HBS. I already paid the deposit, actually. Did you?

I will pay tomorrow, Booth is a very good school anyway.
Manager
Manager

Re: HBS 2012 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 07:33
Did you guys reply to confirm your continued interest?

Earlier on they had said something about 120 people being on the WL, so 50 out of 120 is great odds! I'm trying to keep myself optimistic.
Manager
Manager

Re: HBS 2012 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 15:01
jjoeteller wrote:
So just to keep this thread going... apparently some WL-without-interviewers got "released" today.

At this point I don't know if this is good or bad news, or simply irrelevant for the rest of us. This is really frustrating.

Do you think that those people were among 120 waitlisters?
If yes, that means something to us.
Manager
Manager

Re: HBS 2012 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 16:48
maximus81 wrote:

No, I am actually 100% sure of the opposite: that the no-interview-WLers were not in that group of 120 people (this was said explicitly by HBS).

I would like to believe, however, that when they say they have 50 spots for "candidates from the R1 waitlist", they are talking about the 120 people, and that no-interview-WLers who got interviewed in R2 are considered R2 candidates for all practical purposes.
Manager
Manager

Re: HBS 2012 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 10:48
jjoeteller wrote:
maximus81 wrote:

No, I am actually 100% sure of the opposite: that the no-interview-WLers were not in that group of 120 people (this was said explicitly by HBS).

I would like to believe, however, that when they say they have 50 spots for "candidates from the R1 waitlist", they are talking about the 120 people, and that no-interview-WLers who got interviewed in R2 are considered R2 candidates for all practical purposes.

Fair enough, we have 40-50% chance.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 0

Re: HBS 2012 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2012, 14:11
This post received
KUDOS
I got a call today telling me that I'm in. Someone over at BTG also got an admission call today.

I'm blown away.

Good luck to you all.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 13

Re: HBS 2012 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2012, 14:29
jjoeteller wrote:
I got a call today telling me that I'm in. Someone over at BTG also got an admission call today.

I'm blown away.

Good luck to you all.

Congrats!
Manager
Manager

Re: HBS 2012 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2012, 23:38
jjoeteller wrote:

I'm blown away.

Good luck to you all.

Congragulations!, what did they tell?
Manager
Manager

Re: HBS 2012 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2012, 00:06
maximus81 wrote:
jjoeteller wrote:

I'm blown away.

Good luck to you all.

There 45 new people in facebook group in last 10 days, so it seems we have already gone.
Manager
Manager

Re: HBS 2012 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2012, 01:35
maximus81 wrote:
maximus81 wrote:
jjoeteller wrote:

I'm blown away.

Good luck to you all.

There 45 new people in facebook group in last 10 days, so it seems we have already gone.

Also we are like 3-4 people in the waitlist and if they sent only a few acceptance i,t would be a low chance for Joe to get an admit but he got and one of his friends so I guess the decisions for waitlisters have already given and communicated.
Manager
Manager

Re: HBS 2012 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2012, 02:24
jjoeteller wrote:

I'm blown away.

Good luck to you all.

What is BTG by the way
Manager
Manager

Re: HBS 2012 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2012, 04:03
maximus81 wrote:
jjoeteller wrote:

I'm blown away.

Good luck to you all.

What is BTG by the way

Got it beat the gmat,
why did facebook page increased 45 people in two weeks?
any idea
Manager
Manager

Re: HBS 2012 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2012, 08:13
maximus81 wrote:
any idea

You know what, no idea if it was just yesterday, or if they've been doing this for the last two weeks (calling people and telling them they're in), although that would explain the facebook count fluctuation.

I got it yesterday, and two other people I've seen on the internet also got the call yesterday.

Don't lose hope, though... what they're doing is so unorthodox, that who the hell can predict their behavior now! Anything can happen at this point.
Manager
Manager

Re: HBS 2012 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2012, 01:42
jjoeteller wrote:
maximus81 wrote:
any idea

You know what, no idea if it was just yesterday, or if they've been doing this for the last two weeks (calling people and telling them they're in), although that would explain the facebook count fluctuation.

I got it yesterday, and two other people I've seen on the internet also got the call yesterday.

Don't lose hope, though... what they're doing is so unorthodox, that who the hell can predict their behavior now! Anything can happen at this point.

When did you respond to their email?
Manager
Manager

Re: HBS 2012 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2012, 04:41
RAS2012 wrote:

did you also get acceptance from waitlist?
Re: HBS 2012 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants   [#permalink] 18 Mar 2012, 04:41