Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Nov 2014, 10:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HBS Interview

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

HBS Interview [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2005, 16:48
Hey Omari,
As a HBS graduate could you shed some light on the interview process. Is there a method to the madness of interview invites being sent out - strongest candidates get the interview first, or it is a FIFO, or LIFO, or...? Did you receive an email for your interview invite? Or how was it communicated. Just getting ansy thats all - BW posts show that interviews have started trickling out...A few here and there. I guess i need to stop getting "too attached" to this process. I've spent 200+ hours on my HBS app alone and have done research on the school for over 18-24 months before i applied. Which is why its getting hard to stay "unattached"......

regards.
gmataquaguy

Last edited by gmataquaguy on 09 Mar 2005, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Representative
Schools: Kellogg MBA 2004
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 209 [0], given: 51

[#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2005, 08:48
Expert's post
Omari's traveling this week, but I may be able to shed some light on the situation. Definitely don't read too much into the timing of the invites. In our case three years ago, we both applied in Round 1, and I think Omari had already interviewed before I even received my invitation to interview (we both were admitted). I'm not sure if it was LIFO or FIFO or strongest first, but we didn't notice much of a correlation between when people interviewed and whether or not they ultimately were admitted. HBS (and all schools) are very guarded about their process, but we suspect that it's at least partly random.

I believe the invitation to interview was sent by email. They pretty much named the date and told me where to go and when.

Also, don't take HBS' decision deadlines too literally. I received my invitation to interview by the Round 1 decision deadline, but didn't actually receive my letter of admissions until the second week of February, which was a week or two after the official Round 1 decision deadline.

Try to stay sane!

Good luck,
Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep | GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | Co-author, Your MBA Game Plan

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
For a limited time, receive access to five Veritas Prep Computer Adaptive practice tests when you purchase a Veritas Prep GMAT book! Buy Now!
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2005, 09:56
Thanks a bunch, Scott. I appreciate your response.

regards,
gmataquaguy