Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Aug 2014, 01:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HBS Interview question

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

HBS Interview question [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2005, 21:38
Hi!

I am applying to several top-level schools. My plan is to apply to HBS round 1, and the rest of them Round 2 (is that a good plan?).

My main issue is this: There seems to be scant information on the interviews. I found several diaries on the businessweek website, but that's about it. I'll be out of the country for two weeks in late November (business trip that can't be cancelled) and again the last week of December (vacation).

1. How early does HBS notify of the interview appointment (1 week before the appointment, 2, 3...)?

2. Is there an opportunity to reschedule? Will rescheduling impact the results in any way?

3. I live in San Diego, CA. Will I have to fly to Boston 'at a moment's notice' or will there be an interview in LA?

4. It would seem that invitations can come in at any time. Is there a date by which all invitations are extended and there is no more hope?

Thank you all in advance!

Vlad
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Representative
Schools: Kellogg MBA 2004
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 209 [0], given: 46

[#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2005, 14:46
Expert's post
The interview invitation will usually come 2-3 weeks before the interview date. When they contact you, they will usually give you a firm date, although I am pretty sure that yo ucan simply call and reschedule if that date doesn't work for you. The HBS admissions office is kind of mysterious, but I remember being impressed by the fact that they seemed to run a really tight ship.

The deadline question is a little bit of a mystery. The invites come in waves, but can keep coming for weeks after the main wave has come. There's no hard date, as far as I know.

As for the location, it will most likely be at HBS. I strongly encourage you to make the trip. Doing so signals your sincere interest in the program. It may seem inconvenient, but remember that there are 1000's of other applicants who would be willing to make the trip in a heartbeat!

Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep | GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | Co-author, Your MBA Game Plan

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
For a limited time, receive access to five Veritas Prep Computer Adaptive practice tests when you purchase a Veritas Prep GMAT book! Buy Now!
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2005, 19:19
Thank you. This helps. You are right. An opportunity to visit HBS would be great, albeit it's a small inconvenience. This brings me to another question: while in HBS, what are some of the things I could do? I was thinking of sitting in at a typical class, visiting the career services, the library, and the dorms. Obviously, visiting the class is the most important of these. Who could I contact prior to a visit to arrange these activities?
Expert Post

[#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2005, 13:31
Expert's post
Yup, those are all good ideas. They also usually have "student ambassadors" available to take you out to lunch after your interview. It's a nice, informal way to get to ask questions about the school. Your best bet is to set all of that up through the admissions office.

Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep | GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | Co-author, Your MBA Game Plan

For a limited time, receive access to five Veritas Prep Computer Adaptive practice tests when you purchase a Veritas Prep GMAT book! Buy Now!
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

HBS/MIT Sloan interview notices: by mail and e-mail? [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2005, 07:01
Hi:
How do HBS and MIT Sloan issue interview notices? Is it simply by USPS mail or also by e-mail?

I ask as I will be traveling internationally in the potential interview period and receiving the interview notice by e-mail will allow me to request a re-schedule if the interview falls on a date when I am out of the USA.
Expert Post

[#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2005, 12:33
Expert's post
I think they both do it by email. Also, many schools now have web sites where you can check your application status.

Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

thanks [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2005, 14:53
thanks Scott.