Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 13:16

Happy Labor Day:

Free Access to New GMATClub Tests for all GMATClub Members!!

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HEC or EDHEC?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

HEC or EDHEC? [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2012, 12:33
Now i'm working as entry level analyst and planning to apply for Master degree (September 2013 intake)
I got 2 choices before final decision and i would to hear more opinion about these two degrees;

Msc. International finance of HEC Paris
vs
Msc. Financial Market - Asset Management of EDHEC

As i know that both universities are good in educating, provided quality faculty and high standard
in teaching but I still need more opinion about reputation in finance field, international acknowledgement,
class connection,and future career path after graduated.

PS. In the future, i would to work as fund manager and consulting area
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: HEC or EDHEC? [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2013, 02:17
This post received
KUDOS
Hey there,

I guess I'm late but here's a reply...

What you have to understand is that French B-Schools are mostly Grandes Ecoles, you gain access to them after 2 years of extremely intense prep' classe (2 years of sacrificing one's social life, lot's of sweat and tears, high intellectual stimulation, constant belittling from the faculty) so once inside the top B-schools, you have guaranteed yourself a life without unemployment, no need for effort anymore.

So basically academically the courses are Bullsh**, most french students don't even bother going to class (particularly the first year out of 3), but I know for a fact that at EDHEC in Nice (the finance campus) it's not the case, you really have to work... (No clue about how the academic level increases after the first year in other schools)

Yet, I would still pick HEC because it's branding has no equal in France, EDHEC is an excellent school, becoming more and more recognized worldwide with every passing day but the fact remains that HEC provides France with the majority of its elite (CEO's of the CAC40, ministers, the current president etc.).

So don't hesitate and pick HEC, you can't go wrong with that choice.

PS: I am from EDHEC, and in the end I seldom regret not having given myself another year to try and get HEC or assimilated, EDHEC is really great.
Re: HEC or EDHEC?   [#permalink] 03 Mar 2013, 02:17