Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 23:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HEC Paris Class of 2015 Jan Intake - calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q V0
GPA: 2.92
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2013, 06:21
gr8tWo wrote:
ryancui wrote:
I have also got the pre-selection mail. Time to prepare the interview!

Well done and good luck with your interviews! Remember to have clear reasons to show your motivation to pursue an MBA (and an MBA from HEC in particular) and make sure you give an interesting presentation (i.e. not a boring one).

Many thanks!!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
WE: Engineering (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2013, 00:54
MichelleMBA201309 wrote:
Admitted!
:)

Posted from my mobile device Image

Hey!!! Congrats Michelle! What a feeling that must be! I hope I find that out very soon :)

I just wanted to ask one piece of advice, could I PM you for that?

Intern
Intern

Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2013, 21:44
Got both my interviews scheduled for this coming Saturday. So bloody excited about HEC!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.35
WE: Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 8

Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2013, 13:43
AbsarShah wrote:
Got both my interviews scheduled for this coming Saturday. So bloody excited about HEC!

I hope your interviews went well. Good luck with the final result!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: International Business, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 11

Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 06:15
MichelleMBA201309 wrote:
For the ones who are still on the application process, I am happy to answer if you have any questions concerning the HEC MBA application steps, essay, interview, etc...

Hey i hv something of a unique profile

28/M/India/Doctor in the Navy/member of Special Forces/gmat-700(q44 v41)..undergrad gpa 3.6...yet to take the TOEFL...
What r my chances?
What r the future prospects for someone like me who hails from a Healthcare background?

thnks well in advance!!

INSEAD 14D-the official FB group

here u go----------> https://www.facebook.com/groups/4795556 ... 3232124386 <---------------here u go

EPIC!!

Manager
Manager

Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 06:19
riseNshine wrote:
MichelleMBA201309 wrote:
For the ones who are still on the application process, I am happy to answer if you have any questions concerning the HEC MBA application steps, essay, interview, etc...

28/M/India/Doctor in the Navy/member of Special Forces/gmat-700(q44 v41)..undergrad gpa 3.6...yet to take the TOEFL...
What r my chances?
What r the future prospects for someone like me who hails from a Healthcare background?

thnks well in advance!!

Hi riseNshine. As long as you communicate well valid reasons for pursuing an MBA I think you have pretty good chances. The TOEFL I think is irrelevant as long as you get a score that shows you will be able to follow the courses in English without problems.
Manager
Manager

Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 06:54
riseNshine wrote:

thnks well in advance!!

Strategy consulting firms would love you (probably investment banks too). MD + MBA is a killer combo. You can basically do anything. It depends on your interests, you abilities and mainly your motivation to get where you want to go. If you learn or even better, already know French, that would help a lot as HEC is particularly strong in Francophone countries. If you do a search on Linkedin for McKinsey employees in France you will see no other school has as many as HEC (68) followed by INSEAD (40). If you other countries things are quite different. Overall around the world HBS if first, followed by INSEAD. In the UK, Oxford is first (105), followed closely by Cambridge (96) then with a great different LBS (67), closely followed by INSEAD (64) and after that HBS with far less (35). HEC graduates working for McKinsey in the UK are only 4. If you look what goes on in India you will find a completely different picture.

Each school is stronger in different geographic areas. INSEAD for example, has more graduates working for McKinsey in the UK, followed by France and then the Netherlands. HEC on the other hand has more people in France, followed by Germany and then USA. So really deciding on which school and which job etc has A LOT to do with your goals (target career & LOCATION).

Of course, with a good MBA, if you network a lot and try hard you will get opportunities anywhere in the world but why not leverage what you have and make life easier? For example, one of my top priorities now is to improve my French as it will improve my chances considerably as HEC is really strong in France and I would not mind staying here after graduation if I find a job I really like.
Manager
Manager

Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 21:55
gr8tWo wrote:
riseNshine wrote:
MichelleMBA201309 wrote:

What r my chances?

thnks well in advance!!

Hi riseNshine. As long as you communicate well valid reasons for pursuing an MBA I think you have pretty good chances. The TOEFL I think is irrelevant as long as you get a score that shows you will be able to follow the courses in English without problems.

i got an exemption from INSEAD as regards the TOEFL..since my medium of instruction at degree level was in english...does HEC offer the same??

here u go----------> https://www.facebook.com/groups/4795556 ... 3232124386 <---------------here u go

EPIC!!

Manager
Manager

Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 22:01
gr8tWo wrote:
riseNshine wrote:

thnks well in advance!!

Strategy consulting firms would love you (probably investment banks too). MD + MBA is a killer combo. You can basically do anything. It depends on your interests, you abilities and mainly your motivation to get where you want to go. If you learn or even better, already know French, that would help a lot as HEC is particularly strong in Francophone countries. If you do a search on Linkedin for McKinsey employees in France you will see no other school has as many as HEC (68) followed by INSEAD (40). If you other countries things are quite different. Overall around the world HBS if first, followed by INSEAD. In the UK, Oxford is first (105), followed closely by Cambridge (96) then with a great different LBS (67), closely followed by INSEAD (64) and after that HBS with far less (35). HEC graduates working for McKinsey in the UK are only 4. If you look what goes on in India you will find a completely different picture.

Each school is stronger in different geographic areas. INSEAD for example, has more graduates working for McKinsey in the UK, followed by France and then the Netherlands. HEC on the other hand has more people in France, followed by Germany and then USA. So really deciding on which school and which job etc has A LOT to do with your goals (target career & LOCATION).

Of course, with a good MBA, if you network a lot and try hard you will get opportunities anywhere in the world but why not leverage what you have and make life easier? For example, one of my top priorities now is to improve my French as it will improve my chances considerably as HEC is really strong in France and I would not mind staying here after graduation if I find a job I really like.

i love the way u analysed the situation wrt to consulting n mckinsey in particular...shows ur focus n vision...english is my lingua franca:)...learning how to effectively conduct business in an alien tongue would take some taking!nevertheless in the long term i want to work in india buttressing our weak and administratively chaotic healthcare system...nevertheless the initial exposure to european healthcare giants esp german ones is highly desirable in my case..

the goal now is to get into a good b school which is VFM as well as internationally renowned..

so ur focusing only on the french schools??

EPIC!!

Intern
Intern

Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2013, 00:14
Just had both my interviews. The interviewers were both very congenial, very easy to talk to, and it didn't really feel like an interview at all, rather a free flowing conversation. I really appreciated the fact that neither of them "stuck to the lines" when it came to the questions. It seemed that both of them were genuinely interested in determining whether or not I was making the right decision by pursuing an MBA in the first place and then an MBA with HEC in particular. This is gonna be a loooong wait till the results for this round are out :)
Intern
Intern

Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 May 2013, 09:19
I just got an early reply from HEC - I got accepted! :D WHOOOO!! Time to party, I guess, before the hard work starts all over again! :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q V0
GPA: 3.44
WE: Business Development (Aerospace and Defense)

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 May 2013, 10:30
I just got an admit! :-D -\m/
Intern
Intern

Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 May 2013, 10:31
AbsarShah wrote:
I just got an early reply from HEC - I got accepted! :D WHOOOO!! Time to party, I guess, before the hard work starts all over again! :)

congrats!
Intern
Intern

Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 May 2013, 10:33
zedzu wrote:

Congrats buddy! Are you gonna accept?

Does anyone know if there's an online community somewhere for Jan'14 intake candidates to get together?

Intern
Intern

Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 May 2013, 12:21
I have also got the admission.

Intern
Intern

Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 00:57
AbsarShah wrote:
zedzu wrote:

Does anyone know if there's an online community somewhere for Jan'14 intake candidates to get together?

Posted from my mobile device

I am yet to hear from INSEAD. Interview notification deadline for INSEAD is 17th May.
So, I will wait until then. As of now I am working on the scholarship essays.

What about you?
Intern
Intern

Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 01:30
zedzu wrote:
AbsarShah wrote:
zedzu wrote:

I am yet to hear from INSEAD. Interview notification deadline for INSEAD is 17th May.
So, I will wait until then. As of now I am working on the scholarship essays.

What about you?

Same with me man. But the thing is, you have to pay the deposit in the coming few weeks, and the INSEAD final decision will be given on the 28th of June. And the deposit for HEC is quite hefty, compared with other schools.

But regardless of the INSEAD decision, I am weighing in heavily towards HEC.
Intern
Intern

Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 01:32
ryancui wrote:
I have also got the admission.

Congrats buddy!
Intern
Intern

Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 01:44
Same here. In fact, the alumni from HEC who interviewed me also suggested that I should join HEC if I get an option to choose between HEC and INSEAD.
Let's connect sometime over IM. I will ping you my skypID.
Intern
Intern

Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 07:29
AbsarShah wrote:
zedzu wrote:

Any community? on Facebook?
Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 03 May 2013, 07:29