Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 08:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HEC Paris MBA - Who knows/is interested about it? - FAQs

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
SVP
SVP
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
HEC Paris MBA - Who knows/is interested about it? - FAQs [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2007, 05:28
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi all,

I'm applying to HEC as my number 1 BSchool. I apply to it and I will wait for the result of it before eventually thinking of others :)

I would like that we share our points of view about this school, its program :)... I think that some of us would be glad to have more information and a debate over this school :)

Why do I appreciate this school?
> The atmosphere :)... One feels it since he has crossed the entrance door. People have a helpfull and warming attitude. The focus is done on a collaborative mode :)... It's my natural preference ;)... Competition among one another is already all around, at least, not too much in the HEC MBA.

> The international participant : more than 80% are foreigners. It's exactly what I'm looking for as the key improvment of a global understanding :)

> The program length is adequalty fitted to me : 16 months. That's just enough to transform myself and to not remain too longly out of a concreate occupation.

Well, please, your views, guys :D :)

Last edited by Fig on 03 Jun 2007, 01:16, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2007, 07:04
Hi fig,

I must admit I'm not very knowledgeable on this school... could you tell me in which way does HEC differentiate itself form INSEAD? (I'm asking that because I saw you were highlighting some positive aspects of HEC - e.g. international environment, not too long program - that happen to be positive aspects of INSEAD too)

How would you compare the two schools?
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2007, 07:43
Fig

I think LBS would also fit in the profile you described, it may be a little bit more competitive, but it is international and you can finish its programme in 15 mths (without the internship).

INSEAD (and IMD) is a very compact and intense programme, if you enter in the summer you do not have the intership option as you have in the winter intake, however, is a much more known institute than HEC is (this is not my opinion, it is what I know by reading, perusing ranks and asking people).

Personnaly, I think most of the european programmes are much more "global" in terms of student's nationality than the american ones. The good thing about HEC is that if you do not speak French, 16mths is better to learn, than it is the 10mths from INSEAD :wink:
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2007, 07:55
timothycosulich, I should admit I was not expected a fast question back to me ;)

Out of objective measures and rankings that place an important gap between the 2 schools, the most differientiative aspect is probably the spirit.

With 100 participants an intake and 4 months more than INSEAD, HEC brings a particular environment for its participants :)... I'm convinced that this spirit is that of a huge family and that it is present in all people from this school. It's true for the staff, for the students and for the alumni, of course :)

It's really depending on who u are and what u are looking for in order to develop all your potential. On these questions, I have already my answers. :)... and HEC would play, if admitted, the major role in it :)

Hope that it answers on some of your questions :)
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2007, 14:52
Thanks kwam :)... I appreciate it :)

Guys, other ideas? :)
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

[#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2007, 07:45
I probably know only as much as you do Fig.
But I have seen number of Indian students with decent GMAT (680+ ) and comparatively less experience (about 2-3 years) applying for HEC and getting through it.
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2007, 00:56
Rocky wrote:
I probably know only as much as you do Fig.
But I have seen number of Indian students with decent GMAT (680+ ) and comparatively less experience (about 2-3 years) applying for HEC and getting through it.

Really?... That surprises me :) I mean the average at HEC MBA is 29>30 years old... As well, a 6 years average for the work experience :)

http://www.mba.hec.edu/mba/site/our_community/participants/participants.41.html
http://www.mba.hec.edu/mba/site/our_community/participant_profile.27.html

Perhaps it is more related to Indian Students... :)
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2007, 03:53
[quote="Fig
Perhaps it is more related to Indian Students... :)[/quote]

:) Quite possible. Does HEC like engineers more? Caz most of them were engineers.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2007, 04:01
Fig wrote:
timothycosulich, I should admit I was not expected a fast question back to me ;)

Out of objective measures and rankings that place an important gap between the 2 schools, the most differientiative aspect is probably the spirit.

With 100 participants an intake and 4 months more than INSEAD, HEC brings a particular environment for its participants :)... I'm convinced that this spirit is that of a huge family and that it is present in all people from this school. It's true for the staff, for the students and for the alumni, of course :)

It's really depending on who u are and what u are looking for in order to develop all your potential. On these questions, I have already my answers. :)... and HEC would play, if admitted, the major role in it :)

Yes fig, it does, thanks! When will you hear from HEC? Are you applying to any other school?
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2007, 04:01
Well, my analysis is that:
> 20% of participants are frenchmen
> 90% of the frenchmen are engineers (higly probable if we refer to the french education system)

That said, it gives us 18% from the total of 30% of engineers who comes exclusively from France.

I would say that there is a preference from french engineers to apply to HEC :)

Last edited by Fig on 21 Jan 2007, 04:48, edited 6 times in total.
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2007, 04:06
timothycosulich wrote:
Fig wrote:

Yes fig, it does, thanks! When will you hear from HEC? Are you applying to any other school?

I'm building up my file :).... I'm applying for the January 2008 intake :) I should be able to send it for the first deadline, at the end of this February. :)

Also, I do not apply for other schools :)
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2007, 04:39
Another thing, guys, have u already heard about the MBAt organized by HEC?

http://www.mbat.org/mbat/2007/home/home.shtml

The principle is to organize several sport competitions for 4 days. 13 Europeans bSchool are present. :)

I should say that, if all is ok, I would be in the HEC basket ball team on 2008 ;)...
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2007, 07:25
Fig wrote:

I should say that, if all is ok, I would be in the HEC basket ball team on 2008 ;)...

You definitely would be.
All the best for your match :)

I see Oxford also in the list of participating schools...
May be I will be there in my Rugby team ;-)

so see you there then :-D
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 159 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2007, 07:29
Fig wrote:

The principle is to organize several sport competitions for 4 days. 13 Europeans bSchool are present. :)

LBS won the 2006 MBAT :) Nice trophee I must say.

Best Regards,

Paul

SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2007, 08:30
Rocky wrote:
Fig wrote:

You definitely would be.
All the best for your match :)

I see Oxford also in the list of participating schools...
May be I will be there in my Rugby team ;-)

so see you there then :-D

Thanks Rocky :D :)... At least, I do all for it :)

Yes... It could be very nice to see u during the 2008 event :)...

Well... let me rethinking of something ;)... To be clear... Perhaps not in front of the whole rugby team with the ball in my hands and during a match of rugby ;)....

Last edited by Fig on 16 Jan 2007, 08:47, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2007, 08:32
Paul wrote:
Fig wrote:

LBS won the 2006 MBAT :) Nice trophee I must say.

Several challengers are ready to win the 2007 ;)... What do u think, Paul?.... LBS would win this year or not? :)
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2007, 08:36
I may be in the INSEAD swimming and waterpolo team (if there's one!)

I'll let you know by Friday :-D
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2007, 08:40
timothycosulich wrote:
I may be in the INSEAD swimming and waterpolo team (if there's one!)

I'll let you know by Friday :-D

All the best :).... Like for another one here, I will touch some wood for u :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 159 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2007, 08:45
Well, LBS has performed well in the last 2 years (2nd in 2005 and 1st in 2006) so I won't be surprised if they win again this year. Well, all the best to HEC, you'll need it against LBS rugby team at least :)

Best Regards,

Paul

SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2007, 14:56

Last edited by Fig on 07 Aug 2007, 05:31, edited 2 times in total.
  [#permalink] 20 Jan 2007, 14:56