Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Aug 2014, 23:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Schools: HEC-Paris, Tepper-CMU, Berkley-Haas
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2010, 03:45
I have not received any mail saying my scholarship decision has been made...but my etheryl account says that "Scholarship Awards have been turned in." and everything is 0 for me... :cry:
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD 2010, HEC 2010

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2010, 06:14
veerM wrote:
I have not received any mail saying my scholarship decision has been made...but my etheryl account says that "Scholarship Awards have been turned in." and everything is 0 for me... :cry:

Veerm,

If it is of any consolation for you, I'm in your same situation. Got no email and my etheryl accound is filled with a bunch of '0'. I'd have preferred to get this news on monday rather than during the weekend but..oh well...more fortunate student will offer us some drinks;)

EWO,

http://www.mba.hec.edu/Academics/MBA-Am ... Management

As part of the HEC partnership with Apple, MBA participants each receive an iPod Touch as a communication development tool.

Therefore yes, you'll have many apple tools.
Have a good day!
mp
Intern
Intern

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2010, 06:59
Hello all,
As many of you I'm also waiting to hear from HEC as well as other schools.
I've applied on Feb 2nd, however one of my recommenders did the recommendation by Feb 18th only and the next day I got the mail notifying my that they will review my application.... I waste about 17 days....

Anyway, now I'm trying to do some data mining, becoming a bit more crazy minute after minute.
I'm trying to infer my chances by the group diversity.
I read in this thread for example that there are around 20 places for Indian people.

Does anyone of the already accepted ones know the nationalities from the accepted South American students?

Regards,
Alvaro
Manager
Manager
Schools: HEC Paris

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2010, 10:37
Thanks catgmat and MP.

Catgmat, there are some clips on iTunes U that are open to the public, just like with other schools. I've downloaded a few already.

Anyway, I ask because I'm debating whether I should bring my iPhone over or not. Doesn't really make sense to have an iPhone and an iTouch.

I already have way too many i-products :-D

But maybe that's because I live in Cupertino.

Men want to run the world, women want to run Louis Vuitton.
Part of the reason I'm going to HEC Paris?

http://www.jetsettoday.com

Intern
Intern

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2010, 10:34
Hi everybody,

I'm in as well. Hope to see you all in the fall.
Could you share results of your application for scholarships? Has anyone got a significant amount?
Are there a lot of folk from Eastern Europe?
Intern
Intern

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2010, 14:08
poltina wrote:
Hi everybody,

I'm in as well. Hope to see you all in the fall.
Could you share results of your application for scholarships? Has anyone got a significant amount?
Are there a lot of folk from Eastern Europe?

Hi Poltina,

As far as I know, noone of the people accepted a couple of weeks ago got anything. Included me, for info. I fear that the bigger part of scholarship was allocated for earlier rounds.

There should be at least a couple of people from Eastern Europe, judging by their names. If you join the linkedn group of Sept 2010 intake, you'll find by yourself!

Poltina...Polska? Perhaps not. All my Polish friends never hesitated in pointing out that Poland is in Central Europe...

Best
mp
Intern
Intern

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2010, 07:19
Hi everybody,

Although I was admitted in the first round I haven't got an official notification by mail until now. Do I really need this? Are there any supplementary materials to the notification?

To maxpeed: You are right, I'm not Polish.
Manager
Manager

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2010, 09:44
poltina wrote:
Hi everybody,

Although I was admitted in the first round I haven't got an official notification by mail until now. Do I really need this? Are there any supplementary materials to the notification?

To maxpeed: You are right, I'm not Polish.

Poltina,

I'm surprised the official acceptance packet took so long to arrive. Mine arrived two weeks after the email and I live in California. The official notification is important because it contains your admissions letter. You need the admissions letter in order for a visa to be processed. If you are an EU citizen, you don't need to apply for a visa, but there are some other documents in there that are important. The physical form needs to be completed and mailed back to HEC so you can participate in sports. Also, the payment schedule and payment directions are in there as well.

Anyway, glad you finally got it and I look forward to seeing you on campus in the fall :).

Intern
Intern

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2010, 03:58
Hi Peggy,

Thank you for your reply. Although most of the information in the acceptance packet like payment schedule and payment directions was sent by e-mail, I think you are right, I might need original of acceptance letter to get a visa.
As for a special form to be completed and mailed to HEC - I really hear about it for the first time. I will definitely do it as I have a very competitive nature and I am planning to take part in various competitions.

See you in the fall :)
Intern
Intern
Schools: HEC-Paris, Tepper-CMU, Berkley-Haas

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2010, 07:51
I am also waiting for my admission packet. It is been 3 weeks since got an admit...
Will write to adcom ..
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2010, 04:31
hsourabh wrote:
Congratulatations to all who got through! I have applied for R4 Sep 10 intake and submitted the application on 8th March.
I've received an online confirmation with an ID. However, I want to know if the AdCom also sends a notification that all supporting documents have also been received?
Would appreciate if someone can provide an answer.

Cheers,
SH

Call them.
Intern
Intern
Schools: HEC,Paris

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2010, 06:14
Just finished my MBA Interviews. The first interview was in person , the other was via phone. both went quite well, though i received no feedback at the end of either.
So hoping for the best.......
The results should be out by the end of this week I think.
Intern
Intern

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2010, 15:39
nitronori41 wrote:
Just finished my MBA Interviews. The first interview was in person , the other was via phone. both went quite well, though i received no feedback at the end of either.

Good luck then.
What's your profile? Nitronori....Haga?
Best
mp
Intern
Intern

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2010, 23:08
maxpeed wrote:
nitronori41 wrote:

Good luck then.
What's your profile? Nitronori....Haga?
Best
mp

Thanks
glad to know there are racing enthusiasts on gmatclub.........He certainly is my favourite rider.....

@ my profile....I am 25, 4 years Work-ex, Automotive design engineer.
Intern
Intern

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 08:43
Just got the email from HEC.......
I got in!! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :o :o :o
Intern
Intern

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 08:58
Hi!!

Congratulations to everyone who got an admit in this round, I also did it.

It looks like that it is necessery to make the payment before March 24th. This is fast!I went into the intranet and there, where you are have to go to accept the offer someting appears as the "likelihood" of your acceptance to the offer. I understand that you have the chance of decline it. Can somebody explain what exactly means this:

"Review and edit your Offers information:
Please note that any changes you make on this screen are NOT permanent.

You may, at any time, re-activate a declined offer. These settings are here to allow your profile to better reflect your intentions at HEC MBA Program and to allow you to find information and contacts that are of interest to you."

Is it that I can decline initially the offer and then reactivate the offer and accept it letter than the 24th??

Thank you!
Manager
Manager

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 09:35
First of all, congrats to nitronori, pimientaysal, and any other admits!

Clarification - Pimientaysal, the intranet offer acceptance/declination is just a soft way of accepting or declining. If your offer states that you have to pay the deposit by March 24th, then to reserve your spot in the class, you will have to submit your funds by that time. However to me, that seems a bit early. My round and many after mine mentioned that they had one month from the offer date to submit their deposit. I would email Nolwenn and ask her if March 24th is indeed the correct deadline.

Also, the other thing you will have to do on the intranet if you decide to accept is to submit your housing form. The paid deposit + filled-out housing form is what puts you on the list for on-campus housing (Expansiel).

Hope this helps!

Intern
Intern

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 11:09
EggWhitesOnly wrote:
First of all, congrats to nitronori, pimientaysal, and any other admits!

Clarification - Pimientaysal, the intranet offer acceptance/declination is just a soft way of accepting or declining. If your offer states that you have to pay the deposit by March 24th, then to reserve your spot in the class, you will have to submit your funds by that time. However to me, that seems a bit early. My round and many after mine mentioned that they had one month from the offer date to submit their deposit. I would email Nolwenn and ask her if March 24th is indeed the correct deadline.

Also, the other thing you will have to do on the intranet if you decide to accept is to submit your housing form. The paid deposit + filled-out housing form is what puts you on the list for on-campus housing (Expansiel).

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much whiteeggs.

It helps, I read incorrectly the email, it says that the application for scholarships need to be submitted by March 24th...I will contact the person you mention to getmore details.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 02:15
Hi, this is my first post. And would like to start off by congratulating all the candidates who were accepted!!

I'm actually getting ready to start prepping for the GMAT. I'm 26 years old and manage a family business along with my brother. Learning a lot of valuable skills in leadership and management, but I've been yearning to go back to school, get a business degree and at the same time live in Paris and see what opportunities are out there for me. A part of me is reluctant to leave the comfort of being part of a family company and the financial stability that it brings (because we all know the economic crisis is nowhere easy on the pockets) but a bigger part of me knows that I have to break away from my comfort zone and challenge myself. So that's what I'm going to do :-D

So, there you go. A little bit about me since you're all pretty much acquainted with each other on this forum :-D :-D

Anyway, It would really help out a great deal if some you could give me an idea on your GMAT scores, GPA averages, know french, age, and years of professional experience. I'm very curious to know if my scores are comparable to the applying students at all the grandes ecoles of Paris.

merci et bisou.
Intern
Intern

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2010, 03:48
hey,buddies:

First of all, largest congs to all admits.

Now I'm considering the Jan Intake, but suffering from the crude graph of curriculum structure. It looks candidates have to choose between Internship and Exchange in last term,right?

Wish someone could lend a hand at the point. Thank in advance!
Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake   [#permalink] 28 Mar 2010, 03:48