Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:08 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy Consulting
Schools:HEC Paris, , Tepper
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink]
Once you submit the application, you will have to upload your CV, pay the application fee. You will be able to track the status of your application from a link which you will get by email You can verify if your referees submitted their recommendation. Once all that is done and any documents you sent my mail is received, you will get an email from admissions that your application is being considered for the next jury. HEC admissions is very good in regard to keeping the candidate updated on the status of their application. Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hey,buddies:

I've just got the 2 interviewers' contacts. By simply searching them online, I kinda of realize I'm on the hard way coz one's from M&K and another as director in french MNCs.

I'm just curious about if people from consulting profession are more likely picky or prefer to crack down to the bottom. What about your experience if available under similar condition?

Any tips or ex would help me a lot and I pretty appreciate your replies:-)

tks a lot!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Trentohawk,

I am not from a consulting background so not in an exact situation as yours. Irrespective of that, HEC interviews
will primarily focus on your (i) motivation to pursue an MBA at this point of time (ii) why HEC in particular (iii)
your presentation (iv) whatever you have written in your essays (v) what your referees wrote about you.

Once you cover these 5 things in your interview preparation, half the work is done. So don't worry about things you cannot control. You just have to play the game with the cards that are dealt to you. If the interviewers prefer to crack down to the bottom, let them. It's an opportunity for you to show how strong your candidature is!

Once you get the interview call, you are already more than half way through. 75-80% of the people who get an interview call from HEC get an admit. So odds are in your favor. Good luck. Hope to see you in Paris soon.

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tks a lot,wizard.

I'm just afraid of those endless questions to be thrown from their mouths:-)

Btw,for the rate of interview offer, I recognize 100% interview invitation from BW stats,which sounds anyone eligible for interviews. That means 83% applicants are supposed to be cut down through phase of interviews assuming admission rate of 17% finally. If in the way, it looks extremely fierce then.

Fighting....!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The BW stats mentions that 100% of all admitted candidates are interviewed. In other words, no one gets an admission offer without attending an interview. Overall selection rate is in between 17-20%.
Most of the filtering is done during the pre-selection stage for the interview. Around 80% of who get the interview, get an admit. Yield is around 65%, that is 65% of people who get admission offers decide to enroll.

So you are doing well :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So I assume there must be mistake on stats of BW "Applicants (admitted and denied) who were interviewed:
100 % "
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: General Management, International Business, Strategy
Schools:HEC Paris
Send PM
Trentohawk wrote:
So I assume there must be mistake on stats of BW "Applicants (admitted and denied) who were interviewed:
100 % "

I think that statement on BW is incorrect. Keep in mind that BW is very US-centric and information is not readily updated or available for OUS schools. (The HEC page on BW hasn't been updated for almost a year.) Also, there have been people on this forum and other forums (Pagalguy) who have indicated that they did not receive an interview invite, so it is definitely not 100% of applicants that are interviewed. My own interviewer also told me that HEC does not interview a lot of candidates, but no exact percentage was given. If you are interested in these numbers, perhaps it'd be best to email the school directly.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi,
Submitted application for January intake in the previous (May 4th) round.

Does anyone have an idea of the timeline for the interview invite? The decision deadline is set to be June 18th, so I guess things will be moving fairly quickly. Thrill!

Also, does the school contact you in either scenario (interview denied, or invite)?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi everyone
could someone tell me what are my chances of getting into the MSc Financial Economics this year at HEC. I was not prepared for applying to this program so I donot have GMAT scores but I took the GRE.

GRE score: 800 (quants), 440 (verbal), 4 (analytical writing)
Final Year of BSc Economics Honours at Presidency College, Kolkata, India, Avg percentage till now-66
toeflibt 113

so do I stand a chance???
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [1]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Kudos
Hi jagorisaha!

The MFE program is easier to get into than HEC's other programs (MBA, MSc Management, MSc Finance, etc.). Concerning tests, I think that HEC accepts either the GMAT or GRE.

Your quant score is fantastic, but the verbal section needs to improve. But your internet based TOEFL is quite good, right? I'm not too familiar with the test, but the highest score is 120. If so, it looks like you're in good shape. You graduated with honors, but how should we interpret the 66% average? Is that good, average, or sub-standard?

I apologize for asking more questions than answering them, but we just need a little more specific information to give a good response.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: General Management, International Business, Strategy
Schools:HEC Paris
Send PM
almostfamous wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone have an idea of the timeline for the interview invite? The decision deadline is set to be June 18th, so I guess things will be moving fairly quickly. Thrill!

Also, does the school contact you in either scenario (interview denied, or invite)?

Thanks!

Usually within 2.5 weeks you'll receive some sort of email as to whether you were pre-selected for interview or rejected. HEC doesn't just keep you sitting around waiting.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
EggWhitesOnly wrote:
almostfamous wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!

Usually within 2.5 weeks you'll receive some sort of email as to whether you were pre-selected for interview or rejected. HEC doesn't just keep you sitting around waiting.

Good luck!

EggWhitesOnly,

Thanks! So 1.5 weeks to go! It's exciting, thrilling, and nerving all at the same time!

At the risk of jinxing my chance, I'm planning to start working on my presentation. Wish me luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bmillan01 wrote:
Hi jagorisaha!

The MFE program is easier to get into than HEC's other programs (MBA, MSc Management, MSc Finance, etc.). Concerning tests, I think that HEC accepts either the GMAT or GRE.

Your quant score is fantastic, but the verbal section needs to improve. But your internet based TOEFL is quite good, right? I'm not too familiar with the test, but the highest score is 120. If so, it looks like you're in good shape. You graduated with honors, but how should we interpret the 66% average? Is that good, average, or sub-standard?

I apologize for asking more questions than answering them, but we just need a little more specific information to give a good response.

Thanks for the reply. Yes the maximum toefl score is 120. We do not have a GPA system in our university (Calcutta University, India), so 66% means 264/400 (the aggregate of all honours papers taken till now). Anything above 60% is a First class Honours result, which is quite good (hopefully). and Presidency College Economics Department has its own vintage advantage, which I hope helps, so a 65 up from there is not bad but is not excellent either coz about 50 students out of may be 600-700 students may have that kind of a score... just an approximation.

How many seats are there in the program? and is there any disadvantage as I applied to the May (last) session?
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Officially, the school considers every applicant equally. However, applying in May - the last round - means that fewer available seats exist. Also, since the school wants a balance in its student body, life becomes more difficult if you belong to an "over-represented" group, particularly toward the end of the application process. Perhaps you should look at this topic, as it relates to your question:

viewtopic.php?f=103&t=89883&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=laconi

I'm still a little hesitant to comment on your chances, but I think you have a shot. After all, you probably wouldn't have applied if you thought otherwise.

I hope you make it, as I have been accepted to the same program. It would be nice to meet you in person. Either way, tell us how you do.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Has anyone here applied in the last (May 4th) round? Have you heard anything back yet?

HEC Paris has added a new round right after the May 4th. I wonder if this suggests that the school received less applications than expected.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Nervous waiting continues!

By the ways, can anyone (especially international applicant like me) tell how the school communicates their decision about interview invite? Does it send you an email to tell whether you are selected for the interviews or does it call your phone?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just got invite for interviews!!
GMAT Club Bot