Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 07:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2010, 12:19
I have been pre-selected for the interview for the Jan 2011 intake. I applied in R3. Has anyone else received an interview notification or an admit for Jan 2011? If so can you share some insights about the process. Also any information on how competitive is the Jan 2011 intake? I know they have limited number of spots for Jan so was wondering about the ratio of interviewed to admits.
Intern
Intern
Schools: IMD, HEC

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2010, 13:04
Hi Alankrita

I also got an interview invitation today. However, no details about location and personality of interviewers. I guess they will inform me soon..
Intern
Intern

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2010, 00:26
alankrita wrote:
I have been pre-selected for the interview for the Jan 2011 intake. I applied in R3. Has anyone else received an interview notification or an admit for Jan 2011? If so can you share some insights about the process. Also any information on how competitive is the Jan 2011 intake? I know they have limited number of spots for Jan so was wondering about the ratio of interviewed to admits.

Please share your profile as i am also planning to apply but not sure for jan or sept.2011
Intern
Intern
Schools: HEC Paris
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2010, 04:34
i just started at HEC, sept 2010 intake, and it's great! apply for the sept intake. there are a lot of reasons why it's better. i'll type them out when i have the time.

A few more weeks ...

Intern
Intern

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2010, 06:37
Profile: F/Indian/750/ 5 years WE in the US.
Manager
Manager
Schools: HEC Paris, , Tepper
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 8

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2010, 16:59
In the latest Business Week Ranking, the selectivity of HEC Paris has gone further down (so it's even more selective than before): now only 14 % of the applied people are allegedly accepted (compared to 18 % earlier). That's a less than to get an admit to number of top 10 US schools!

I always had a little question mark about the selectivity of HEC (no offense to anyone or any school). From what I have seen at this Forum and elsewhere, much more people are accepted to HEC than just 14 % - either there is a huge swarm of applicants somewhere, whom I am not aware of, or the school's definition of selectivity is different from what many other schools employ?

If you like my post, a kudos is not expected but appreciated

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2010, 06:38
Hi,
I was wondering if this is true. You can't apply to HEC when you are 27 and older. Here is from their website.
HEC welcomes applications from candidates of all nationalities younger than 27 years old the year of their application. They must also:

Be fluent in English;
Hold a Bachelor degree from a non-French institution in Business Administration or equivalent with a high track record from an international institution;
Possess cross-cultural sensitivity and international outlook;
Show ability to contribute to the HEC MIB experience.

I just find it strange that a master program would limited the age.
I saw a post on here that says they were 28 when applied, Did you get in?
Any info would be great. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Schools: IMD, HEC

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2010, 11:48
That is all about Master's program where they do have age limit. However, for MBA program there is no formal age limit. The average age at last intake is around 30. I have been admitted recently and I'm 31. Hope all is clear.
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GPA: 3.64
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 78540

CAT Tests
Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2011, 04:56
I'm also interested in pursuing MSc in Finance degree... main objective is to get into i-banking/client management roles in london so far i've been offered these programmes:

1) Maastricht University - MSc Financial Economics (Banking) (unconditional)
2) Warwick MSc Accounting and Finance (conditional)
3) Cass MSc Banking and International Finance (conditional)
4) HEC Paris MSc Finance (unconditional)
5) Stockholm School of Economics - MSc Business and Economics (Banking) (unconditional)

given that most schools are expecting a reply within the next 2 weeks, i'm torn between warwick, cass and hec paris.

pls correct me if i'm wrong, but given that i would like to work in london after graduation, warwick has the best name amongst the 3 to get me a job in london. however, i am afraid that the accounting degree will relegate me to some middle office position which i do not want. it's also a conditional offer- i have to attain 4.5 GPA- this creates a lot of uncertainty.. if i don't maintain my GPA i am fcked.

cass' programme looks interesting but i think it has the worst name amongst the 3 but it's in LONDON baby. also conditional offer, similar to warwick's.

HEC Paris seems like a good school. have also been awarded a scholarship there... the only thing is i don't know a word of french except "bonjour". i have heard that HEC Paris is good with job placements in the french market. but what about in london?

please advise, anyone. especially if you have done similar programmes in these schools!
much appreciated xxx.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2011, 08:38
hey guys I got into HEC paris msc Financial economics. And I am deciding if I should go.

My main concern about the program are-

1. How good the program is- is what the teach and do good grades from HEC carry weight. Is this program respected by other elite universities (if I choose to get a PhD from let's say Harvard), is it respected by top tier firms around the world? (JP morgan etc)
2. How are the job placements in general- mainly internationally
3. How is the student atmosphere? are there tons of smart and ambitious kids?
Non-Human User
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Premium Member
Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2014, 08:29
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 559 [0], given: 30

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2014, 01:48
Expert's post
Silly bot! 2010!!!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!