Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 17:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Jan 2010
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2010, 11:52
theoriesforme wrote:
poulomibasu wrote:

hey, congrats and welcome aboard! the fee IS quite high, but i hope you make it...am trying to get my funds organized as well, n i hope it works out soon!


Congrats to you too n all the best for your funds.. I have currently applied to Eiffel scholarship.. I have no idea about any other scholarship.. pl let me know if you have intel on anything else..


hey...the french govt gives grants to foreign students. contact the CampusFrance office in your country to find out what scholarships they offer! question, how do u apply for the eiffel scholarship?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Posts: 56
Location: Northern CA
Schools: HEC Paris
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2010, 13:52
poulomibasu wrote:
theoriesforme wrote:
poulomibasu wrote:

hey, congrats and welcome aboard! the fee IS quite high, but i hope you make it...am trying to get my funds organized as well, n i hope it works out soon!


Congrats to you too n all the best for your funds.. I have currently applied to Eiffel scholarship.. I have no idea about any other scholarship.. pl let me know if you have intel on anything else..


hey...the french govt gives grants to foreign students. contact the CampusFrance office in your country to find out what scholarships they offer! question, how do u apply for the eiffel scholarship?


You apply through the HEC portal along with the other scholarships and HEC selects the best candidates to present them to the Eiffel scholarship committee.
_________________

Men want to run the world, women want to run Louis Vuitton.
Part of the reason I'm going to HEC Paris?


http://www.jetsettoday.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2010, 06:33
EggWhitesOnly wrote:
poulomibasu wrote:

hey...the french govt gives grants to foreign students. contact the CampusFrance office in your country to find out what scholarships they offer! question, how do u apply for the eiffel scholarship?


You apply through the HEC portal along with the other scholarships and HEC selects the best candidates to present them to the Eiffel scholarship committee.


Hi Eggwhitesonly. I have not heard of any HEC portal for scholarships.. Please let me know where I can find it..

Hi poulomibasu, I sent a mail with required documents for Eiffel Scholarship to HEC on December 28th and they forwarded it to Eiffel.. The deadline for the scholarship was Jan 6th.. Am sorry you missed the deadline.. Also I contacted the Campusfrance and got to know that no other scholarship is currently available for MS Management.. I received the same reply from the admissions office..
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Posts: 56
Location: Northern CA
Schools: HEC Paris
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2010, 23:03
theoriesforme wrote:
EggWhitesOnly wrote:
poulomibasu wrote:

hey...the french govt gives grants to foreign students. contact the CampusFrance office in your country to find out what scholarships they offer! question, how do u apply for the eiffel scholarship?


You apply through the HEC portal along with the other scholarships and HEC selects the best candidates to present them to the Eiffel scholarship committee.


Hi Eggwhitesonly. I have not heard of any HEC portal for scholarships.. Please let me know where I can find it..

Hi poulomibasu, I sent a mail with required documents for Eiffel Scholarship to HEC on December 28th and they forwarded it to Eiffel.. The deadline for the scholarship was Jan 6th.. Am sorry you missed the deadline.. Also I contacted the Campusfrance and got to know that no other scholarship is currently available for MS Management.. I received the same reply from the admissions office..


The portal is for the accepted MBA students. HEC will email a link to each individual with their unique log-in information for their Etheryl account. The admitted students can apply for all scholarships through the Etheryl portal.
_________________

Men want to run the world, women want to run Louis Vuitton.
Part of the reason I'm going to HEC Paris?


http://www.jetsettoday.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2009
Posts: 13
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2010, 11:38
I completed my two interviews.

Likely ding or WL for me, I screwed up the second one...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 18
Schools: INSEAD 2010, HEC 2010
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2010, 01:02
42 wrote:
I completed my two interviews.

Likely ding or WL for me, I screwed up the second one...




What happened? Did your interviewer say he/she's giving a negative feedback?
Even so, how does WL work at HEC? Haven't seen many WLs around...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2009
Posts: 13
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2010, 11:29
He said "not to expect a red carpet from him"
No more friday night interview for me!

No news from HEC yet, I will probably have to wait 5-10 days for their final decision
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Posts: 56
Location: Northern CA
Schools: HEC Paris
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2010, 15:13
Well good luck. You may find out sooner than you think. I remember getting my results two days after my actual interview. The Admissions Jury generally meets a day or two after the day by which interviews have to be completed.

At least that's often been the case in the past.
_________________

Men want to run the world, women want to run Louis Vuitton.
Part of the reason I'm going to HEC Paris?


http://www.jetsettoday.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 18
Schools: INSEAD 2010, HEC 2010
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2010, 00:02
EggWhitesOnly wrote:
Well good luck. You may find out sooner than you think. I remember getting my results two days after my actual interview. The Admissions Jury generally meets a day or two after the day by which interviews have to be completed.

At least that's often been the case in the past.



I met a development manager during a fair in Paris 10 days ago. She told me that the jury will meet on Thu 18th..I'm waiting too.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2010, 03:54
Hi everyone,


I received the interview invitation for september 2010 and I ask myself a pretty common question : what is a "creative and innovative" subject for a 10 minutes presentation. It seems from google that some website give a list of past interview/presentation feedback but unfortunately I cannot open these website from china where I live.

So question for the people who already had the interview what kind of topic did you choose and how were this subject "creative and innovative" ?

I would like to choose a subject related to one of my previous work experience but I think this doesn't sound very "creative" to choose something work related, on the other hand the industry I was working in was a niche market with a very original product (kind of extrem sport and industry related) and I could simply present this product.

Also I guess most of the time people choose subject on which they have available informations and that they know well (at least probably better than the interviewer potentially could) which makes me think that it is hard to not pick a subject related to my own personal path.

Thanks for your feedback,

Jiang
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 18
Location: Chicago
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2010, 12:30
JiangNan wrote:
Hi everyone,


I received the interview invitation for september 2010 and I ask myself a pretty common question : what is a "creative and innovative" subject for a 10 minutes presentation. It seems from google that some website give a list of past interview/presentation feedback but unfortunately I cannot open these website from china where I live.

So question for the people who already had the interview what kind of topic did you choose and how were this subject "creative and innovative" ?

I would like to choose a subject related to one of my previous work experience but I think this doesn't sound very "creative" to choose something work related, on the other hand the industry I was working in was a niche market with a very original product (kind of extrem sport and industry related) and I could simply present this product.

Also I guess most of the time people choose subject on which they have available informations and that they know well (at least probably better than the interviewer potentially could) which makes me think that it is hard to not pick a subject related to my own personal path.

Thanks for your feedback,

Jiang



I chose a topic that I had briefly touched upon in my essay. My advice would be to choose a topic that you're familiar with.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Posts: 56
Location: Northern CA
Schools: HEC Paris
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2010, 14:23
I would second cesque's post and also say you should pick something you can be passionate about. You should really want to give this presentation to your interviewers. I chose a work topic, but I was very animated about it, and my interviewers seemed to enjoy the presentation.

(Mine was via phone and the interviewers were sent a copy in advance.)
_________________

Men want to run the world, women want to run Louis Vuitton.
Part of the reason I'm going to HEC Paris?


http://www.jetsettoday.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2010, 04:15
Hi Guys,
Is it a good idea to ask them the status of my application. I submitted on 2nd Feb.

Also, has anybody started off on the student visa process? How much time does it require?
I am from Asia.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Posts: 56
Location: Northern CA
Schools: HEC Paris
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2010, 08:58
onwardToGlory wrote:
Hi Guys,
Is it a good idea to ask them the status of my application. I submitted on 2nd Feb.

Also, has anybody started off on the student visa process? How much time does it require?
I am from Asia.


Give them time. It's only been a little over a week. You will be notified one way or another when they select the candidates for interview.

The student visa process will take a minimum of a month to complete, assuming you have all the documents ready. I have a post on this if you would like to read more: http://www.businessbecause.com/lifestyle/visa-woes
_________________

Men want to run the world, women want to run Louis Vuitton.
Part of the reason I'm going to HEC Paris?


http://www.jetsettoday.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Posts: 6
Location: New York, NY
Schools: HEC Paris
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2010, 20:46
Hi All,

I was accepted to HEC and will be part of the Sept 2010 intake as well.

I'm from New York and love it, but am excited about moving to Paris (well Jouy en Josas 8-) ) in the Fall!

Looking forward to meeting you all! :-D
_________________

"I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, but I knew what kind of woman I wanted to be" -DVF

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2010
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2010, 10:42
Hi All and congratulations to all of you who have been already admitted.

I am new here. i have a question about how long takes to be answered if you have been selected for the interviews. I applied online the 1st of february and got and answer from them the 4th of february. How long should i wait??

This uncertainty is killing me.

Best regards,
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Posts: 6
Location: New York, NY
Schools: HEC Paris
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2010, 10:52
Hi Pimientaysal, if you got a notification saying that you were pre-selected for an interview, you should receive your interviewers shortly. I received my two contacts the same day; though the timing may depend on your interview location and the interviewers available.
_________________

"I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, but I knew what kind of woman I wanted to be" -DVF

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2010
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2010, 11:09
Thank you for your prompt answer nycpariscitygal,

I did not received any email yet saying if I have been preselected for the interviews, this is the email I am waiting for. How long did it take in your case??

I have selected Paris and NYC since I am living in manhattan, did you have any problem to schedule and interview in NYC??

Thank you again
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Posts: 6
Location: New York, NY
Schools: HEC Paris
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2010, 11:25
Pimientaysal wrote:
Thank you for your prompt answer nycpariscitygal,

I did not received any email yet saying if I have been preselected for the interviews, this is the email I am waiting for. How long did it take in your case??

I have selected Paris and NYC since I am living in manhattan, did you have any problem to schedule and interview in NYC??

Thank you again


I got the pre-selection email about 3 days after I submitted my application (Dec 1st deadline).
You said you applied on Feb 1st and got an answer on the 4th. Was this just the confirmation of your application? Perhaps in the later rounds it takes longer for them to pre-select, because of the application volume.

No, I had no issues scheduling my interview in NYC. I interviewed with 2 alums who are based here. I think there are a lot of alums in the NYC-area.
_________________

"I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, but I knew what kind of woman I wanted to be" -DVF

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2010
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2010, 11:34
nycpariscitygal wrote:
Pimientaysal wrote:
Thank you for your prompt answer nycpariscitygal,

I did not received any email yet saying if I have been preselected for the interviews, this is the email I am waiting for. How long did it take in your case??

I have selected Paris and NYC since I am living in manhattan, did you have any problem to schedule and interview in NYC??

Thank you again


I got the pre-selection email about 3 days after I submitted my application (Dec 1st deadline).
You said you applied on Feb 1st and got an answer on the 4th. Was this just the confirmation of your application? Perhaps in the later rounds it takes longer for them to pre-select, because of the application volume.

No, I had no issues scheduling my interview in NYC. I interviewed with 2 alums who are based here. I think there are a lot of alums in the NYC-area.


Yes the email I got was a confirmation of my application saying that everything was ok and within a few days they will contact me to let me know if i have been preselected for the interviews.

Thanks again
Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake   [#permalink] 14 Feb 2010, 11:34
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
5 Experts publish their posts in the topic HEC Paris September2012 Intake mavanyan 9 09 Dec 2011, 06:20
5 HEC Paris Jan 2012 - Intake FergTron 11 06 Dec 2010, 19:28
12 HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake vjp 126 07 Nov 2010, 18:20
HEC Sep 2011 Intake architdhir 13 07 Sep 2010, 01:15
6 INSEAD Sep 2010 Intake Salisaaa 219 08 Aug 2009, 22:09
Display posts from previous: Sort by

HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  20    Next  [ 392 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.