Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 10:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2009
Posts: 208
Schools: HEC Paris, , Tepper
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 8

Re: HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2010, 15:30
traveler wrote:
if accepted, how long do you have to make a decision / pay your deposit?


Hi,
As evp2000fr wrote above, you have only little time to finish the scholarship essay(s).

Once accepted, you will gain an access to your accepted student's account that is a portal for a range of thing such as editable your HEC profile, information of HEC, and scholarship applications. In this portal, you can see which scholarships are available for you, and what essays are required to apply for each of them. I had 3 scholarships options, but managed to apply only for two of them

During my round, the tight timeline for the scholarship essays was a challenge for many people, including myself, because
-each scholarship required a different essay. E.g. a scholarship for women required an an evidence of contributing for women's wellbeing, while a fellowship essay required an evidence of my innovative talent etc.
-you cannot predict the scholarships you receive, and essay questions beforehand

If you are serious about getting into the school, I would recommend that you begin writing the scholarship essays immediately, after you receive access to the portal. Also, having a generic scholarship essay ready ("why I need a scholarship, and/or why I merit a scholarship) will come handy.

Good luck!
_________________

If you like my post, a kudos is not expected but appreciated

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Posts: 24
Location: Paris, France
Schools: HEC,Paris(Student)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2010, 05:59
ankurhbti wrote:
hi folks
i am plannning to apply for 2011 Sept intake...
can some one throw some light on the difference between spring and fall intakes.
in terms of number of intake etc..


I am currently a student at HEC, Paris from Sept 2010 intake so I will try to explain the difference between the two intakes. The dynamics of the two intakes is very different.
1. The Sept intake this time was 186 and Jan intake is approx 60.
2. In general Jan intake is always smaller, they complete their core phase and then do their personalized phase 1 in electives and both intakes finish their time on campus at the same time in Dec. Sept intake finishes their core phase 2 in April and then does internship till august and then pursues a track with electives from sept-dec. Sept and Jan intake take electives together from Sept-Dec.(more information on core and personalized phases can be found in school brochure)
3. Sept intake students internship cycle is in sync with the normal company recruitment while jan intake looks for internships from jan next year and hence not necessarily synched with the standard company recruitment cycles. On the other hand, jan intake has already finished their MBA classes and track so they are free to look for job opportunities rightaway instead of internships if they want.
4. Jan intake is smaller and hence much closer together.
5. Sept intake manages the clubs etc in their core phase 2 while jan intake manages the clubs during their personalized phase 1.

There is a thread on HEC, Paris on pagalguy forum which also gives detailed information on the difference between these 2 intakes.

If you have any specific questions, then feel free to ask.
_________________

Be the change you want to see in the world

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Posts: 24
Location: Paris, France
Schools: HEC,Paris(Student)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2010, 06:06
Zefire wrote:
Hi,

I have just been admitted to the HEC Paris,Sept 2011 intake.Can anyone throw some light on the bank loan options available from French banks ?

TIA


BNP Paribas is one of the banks that gives student loans(upto 60,000 euros, 2.5%) but you need to provide a guarantee either from a French resident, French citizen working abroad, foreign citizen working in france satisfying some criteria or minimum income etc. Or you can provide guarantee from a bank from your native country(conditions vary depending on the bank and country)(rate would be 3.5% in this case).
_________________

Be the change you want to see in the world

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jul 2010
Posts: 33
Location: France
Schools: INSEAD R2, IMD, HEC R2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 7

Reviews Badge
Re: HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2010, 04:41
ankurhbti wrote:
hi folks
i am plannning to apply for 2011 Sept intake...
can some one throw some light on the difference between spring and fall intakes.
in terms of number of intake etc..


One more difference - in September intake you have an option to choose bilingual program, where part of the (core?) courses are taught in French. There is no such option for January intake.

The January intake is also seems to be more competitive, at least it has higher GMAT average.
_________________

__________________

My GMAT experience

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jul 2010
Posts: 33
Location: France
Schools: INSEAD R2, IMD, HEC R2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 7

Reviews Badge
Re: HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2010, 04:45
jsonali wrote:

I am currently a student at HEC, Paris from Sept 2010 intake ...

If you have any specific questions, then feel free to ask.


Is there a kind of admits community for the HEC (such as MBA Connect for INSEAD) where one can see the number of actual admits?

If such service exists, can you have a look and tell us how many admits there are after R1 and what is the distribution between countries?
_________________

__________________

My GMAT experience

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 20
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2010, 03:52
jsonali wrote:
ankurhbti wrote:
hi folks
i am plannning to apply for 2011 Sept intake...
can some one throw some light on the difference between spring and fall intakes.
in terms of number of intake etc..


I am currently a student at HEC, Paris from Sept 2010 intake so I will try to explain the difference between the two intakes. The dynamics of the two intakes is very different.
1. The Sept intake this time was 186 and Jan intake is approx 60.
2. In general Jan intake is always smaller, they complete their core phase and then do their personalized phase 1 in electives and both intakes finish their time on campus at the same time in Dec. Sept intake finishes their core phase 2 in April and then does internship till august and then pursues a track with electives from sept-dec. Sept and Jan intake take electives together from Sept-Dec.(more information on core and personalized phases can be found in school brochure)
3. Sept intake students internship cycle is in sync with the normal company recruitment while jan intake looks for internships from jan next year and hence not necessarily synched with the standard company recruitment cycles. On the other hand, jan intake has already finished their MBA classes and track so they are free to look for job opportunities rightaway instead of internships if they want.
4. Jan intake is smaller and hence much closer together.
5. Sept intake manages the clubs etc in their core phase 2 while jan intake manages the clubs during their personalized phase 1.

There is a thread on HEC, Paris on pagalguy forum which also gives detailed information on the difference between these 2 intakes.

If you have any specific questions, then feel free to ask.


Dear jsonali,

thank you for the detailed info! it is really helpful!

I have the following questions: do you know what is the difference between the winter and the spring application sessions (i.e. the 1st of FEb application deadline and the 1st of March application deadline)? I have a low gmat and i have to make a decision between applying in the winter session with the low result or retake the Gmat and apply for the spring session. Are there less places in the last application session? Do i have less chances for admittance if i apply in feb as opposed to Jan? According to SAI, there is no difference but any other opinion from you guys in the forum would be extremely helful!!

THank youuuuu :)
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Posts: 24
Location: Paris, France
Schools: HEC,Paris(Student)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2010, 05:21
0987654312 wrote:
ankurhbti wrote:

Dear jsonali,

thank you for the detailed info! it is really helpful!

I have the following questions: do you know what is the difference between the winter and the spring application sessions (i.e. the 1st of FEb application deadline and the 1st of March application deadline)? I have a low gmat and i have to make a decision between applying in the winter session with the low result or retake the Gmat and apply for the spring session. Are there less places in the last application session? Do i have less chances for admittance if i apply in feb as opposed to Jan? According to SAI, there is no difference but any other opinion from you guys in the forum would be extremely helful!!

THank youuuuu :)


There is no difference between the 2 deadlines. Your application will be seen in its entirety and not just GMAT score and hence chances are pretty much the same. just that if u retake GMAT, you might get a scholarship while you wont get anything with a low GMAT.
_________________

Be the change you want to see in the world

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 32
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Re: HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2010, 13:27
Hello friends

I have one doubt regarding the after MBA placements (i am sure you will agree with me the importance of this factor for any applicant) , from some of my friends who have done MBA from other reputed colleges in Europe I got feedback that it is difficult to find job after HEC if a candidate is not fluent in "French".
Can you kindly share some stats on placements of students from Indian origin or do students get jobs outside France easilly
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Posts: 24
Location: Paris, France
Schools: HEC,Paris(Student)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2010, 15:37
ankurhbti wrote:
Hello friends

I have one doubt regarding the after MBA placements (i am sure you will agree with me the importance of this factor for any applicant) , from some of my friends who have done MBA from other reputed colleges in Europe I got feedback that it is difficult to find job after HEC if a candidate is not fluent in "French".
Can you kindly share some stats on placements of students from Indian origin or do students get jobs outside France easilly

HEC graduates get jobs in all geographies and if you visit the website(http://www.mba.hec.edu/Build-your-caree ... -Placement), you will see 45% work outside the home country, 31% of non europeans working in france, 30% of non french working in france, 64% work outside france, 34% have change in pre and post MBA job location. So HEC MBA grads do take up positions of international scope and in all geographies too and a lot of them are career changers. HEC has a very strong position in industry in France.

language requirements also depend on what sector you are interested in. For eg industry jobs might not require that much french but consulting in france needs fluent french. If it is difficult to find job in France without french, it has nothing to do with HEC, same holds true with any other school.
There are no placement statistics for indian students separately available. And as the percentages above indicate, yes students of course get jobs outside France. A lot will depend on your nationality, current economic scenario, your networking skills, your previous work experience.
_________________

Be the change you want to see in the world

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2010
Posts: 128
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 42

Re: HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2010, 23:47
Any information on the selectivity of the joint programs with MIT (MS in management studies) and the dual mba degree w/ nyu?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 32
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Re: HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2010, 06:00
jsonali wrote:
ankurhbti wrote:
Hello friends

I have one doubt regarding the after MBA placements (i am sure you will agree with me the importance of this factor for any applicant) , from some of my friends who have done MBA from other reputed colleges in Europe I got feedback that it is difficult to find job after HEC if a candidate is not fluent in "French".
Can you kindly share some stats on placements of students from Indian origin or do students get jobs outside France easilly

HEC graduates get jobs in all geographies and if you visit the website(http://www.mba.hec.edu/Build-your-caree ... -Placement), you will see 45% work outside the home country, 31% of non europeans working in france, 30% of non french working in france, 64% work outside france, 34% have change in pre and post MBA job location. So HEC MBA grads do take up positions of international scope and in all geographies too and a lot of them are career changers. HEC has a very strong position in industry in France.

language requirements also depend on what sector you are interested in. For eg industry jobs might not require that much french but consulting in france needs fluent french. If it is difficult to find job in France without french, it has nothing to do with HEC, same holds true with any other school.
There are no placement statistics for indian students separately available. And as the percentages above indicate, yes students of course get jobs outside France. A lot will depend on your nationality, current economic scenario, your networking skills, your previous work experience.



i am from IT consulting (5years with Deloitte ) ...i may like to continue in IT sector post MBA and in asia ........do we have companies hiring for a profile like these
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Posts: 24
Location: Paris, France
Schools: HEC,Paris(Student)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2010, 06:10
ankurhbti wrote:


i am from IT consulting (5years with Deloitte ) ...i may like to continue in IT sector post MBA and in asia ........do we have companies hiring for a profile like these


Yes, definitely! Opportunities are many in Asia and with a previous background in IT consulting, it should be fairly easy to position yourself. There is definitely a significant amount of interest from students and companies for opportunities in asia.
some HEC students had gone on a career trek to Asia in the middle of this year and met with senior executives of big companies and HEC also has a Asia-pacific professional club for people interested in pursuing career opportunities in Asia.
_________________

Be the change you want to see in the world

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Nov 2010
Posts: 27
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2010, 06:54
Any current HEC students pursuing careers in political consulting/ political risk consulting in europe/asia or north america ?

I intend to work in that field post MBA. I have googled a bit but haven't yet been able to find any hec alumni involved in this domain. I'm sure there must be a few...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 32
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Re: HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2010, 12:16
jsonali wrote:
ankurhbti wrote:
Yes, definitely! Opportunities are many in Asia and with a previous background in IT consulting, it should be fairly easy to position yourself. There is definitely a significant amount of interest from students and companies for opportunities in asia.
some HEC students had gone on a career trek to Asia in the middle of this year and met with senior executives of big companies and HEC also has a Asia-pacific professional club for people interested in pursuing career opportunities in Asia.

can you kindly put me in touch with an Alumn with a similar profile.....
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Posts: 24
Location: Paris, France
Schools: HEC,Paris(Student)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2010, 13:37
ankurhbti wrote:
jsonali wrote:
ankurhbti wrote:
Yes, definitely! Opportunities are many in Asia and with a previous background in IT consulting, it should be fairly easy to position yourself. There is definitely a significant amount of interest from students and companies for opportunities in asia.
some HEC students had gone on a career trek to Asia in the middle of this year and met with senior executives of big companies and HEC also has a Asia-pacific professional club for people interested in pursuing career opportunities in Asia.

can you kindly put me in touch with an Alumn with a similar profile.....


I may not be able to do this directly through this forum but I would suggest a few options -
1. you can have a look at the events page which will be updated shortly with event schedule for 2011(http://www.mba.hec.edu/Life-HEC/Events) where you can interact with school representatives and get the info you want.
2. Also you can read a small blog piece (http://www.mba.hec.edu/mbablog/) about the Asia trek and the experience of the students who attended it.
3. You also get in touch with the CDM(career development manager), details at (http://www.mba.hec.edu/Build-your-career/Outreach). If you click on CDM under outreach, you will see the email ids of concerned people responsible for different sectors and geographies who can help answer questions and/or put you in touch with concerned people.
4. if you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me and i can try to get them answered.
_________________

Be the change you want to see in the world

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Sep 2010
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2011, 04:58
hi all,
can anyone please tell me what is supposed to happen once I click on the "Submit Form" button? How can I upload CV/photo and pay the application fee? Also, I was not able to "complete" the mandatory fields in the form because I do not know French but the form did not have any options for me to select. It has only Beginner, intermediate, advanced and native. Does that mean my form was not submitted?
Thanks
A
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2010
Posts: 72
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2011, 07:16
One of my recommenders informed me that he cannot login to the recommendation form with the password he set yesterday. He also sent an email to HEC@etheryl.com for the school to reset the password. I dont understand how he came up with this email address. Is there anything I can do about it?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Posts: 24
Location: Paris, France
Schools: HEC,Paris(Student)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2011, 07:27
suggest you guys to contact admissions committee directly by phone in case of any issues/glitches, they are generally co-operative. The office will open on Monday, 3rd jan so try them then.
_________________

Be the change you want to see in the world

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2010
Posts: 72
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2011, 07:29
I sent an email but I will definitely call them on Monday.
Would my application be considered incomplete until my recommender submits my recommendation form?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 32
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Re: HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2011, 06:35
Guys

i submitted my application today......uploaed all doucuments...mailed my passport details....
I have asked a query to ADcom asking if it is required to send hard copies of my transcript to HEC for the application.....
I have mailed the soft copy of transcript will that be suffice as of now(till i get a final selection call) ...

Usually in all other colleges i have seen that only soft copy of transcript is asked while submiting the application , not sure if HEC has a different procedure..
Re: HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake   [#permalink] 02 Jan 2011, 06:35
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
30 Experts publish their posts in the topic HEC Paris (Sept Intake) Class of 2015: Calling all applicants! zat 221 29 Sep 2013, 09:20
12 HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake vjp 126 07 Nov 2010, 18:20
4 ESADE - Sept 2011 intake warumnicht 93 20 Oct 2010, 01:37
HEC Sep 2011 Intake architdhir 13 07 Sep 2010, 01:15
Display posts from previous: Sort by

HEC Paris Sept 2011 - Intake

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 127 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.