Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 18:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Hedge fund recruitment out of INSEAD

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Hedge fund recruitment out of INSEAD [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2011, 15:40
Hi guys, first post.

I am considering an MBA at INSEAD and would like to know if anyone is familiar with hedge fund placement for INSEAD graduates. I know that the school places 20% of graduates into financial services, but that includes investment banking and other roles that I am not interested in.

I have six years of investing experience (7 at 2012 January intake), including 3 years currently at a well known hedge fund, and am a CFA Charterholder. Based on experience and my stats, I think I might be a good fit for INSEAD.

But I'm wondering if INSEAD will be a good fit for me. I want to take my career in a more global direction (I'm American with some work experience in Asia), specifically transfering to a different hedge fund after graduation. Given than I am 29 already, I do not think a traditional 2 year MBA program is a likely bet for me, hence INSEAD. I have been trying to change jobs already to another hedge fund, but am having difficulty finding a good fit, I think largely because I do not have an MBA.

Any feedback appreciated -- thanks.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: Hedge fund recruitment out of INSEAD [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2011, 11:08
In financial services, INSEAD has good reputation for placing students in private equity. But, I am not sure if it ranks higher than Booth or Harvard for placing you in hedge funds. I understand you are looking for one year MBAs. I don't think there is any other school better than INSEAD in that category. It might be the best school that can take you to the next stage of your career in hedge funds. If you stretch to 15 months, LBS might enter the race. The placement stats for Hedge funds that you are looking for will hover around 2%. But, that should not dictate your decision. There are only a handful of such jobs out there in that industry. Speak to few alumni/current students of INSEAD, and take a decision.

www.InterviewBay.com
- Get Ready For The Interview
MBA | Finance | Consulting

breaker wrote:
Hi guys, first post.

I am considering an MBA at INSEAD and would like to know if anyone is familiar with hedge fund placement for INSEAD graduates. I know that the school places 20% of graduates into financial services, but that includes investment banking and other roles that I am not interested in.

I have six years of investing experience (7 at 2012 January intake), including 3 years currently at a well known hedge fund, and am a CFA Charterholder. Based on experience and my stats, I think I might be a good fit for INSEAD.

But I'm wondering if INSEAD will be a good fit for me. I want to take my career in a more global direction (I'm American with some work experience in Asia), specifically transfering to a different hedge fund after graduation. Given than I am 29 already, I do not think a traditional 2 year MBA program is a likely bet for me, hence INSEAD. I have been trying to change jobs already to another hedge fund, but am having difficulty finding a good fit, I think largely because I do not have an MBA.

Any feedback appreciated -- thanks.
Re: Hedge fund recruitment out of INSEAD   [#permalink] 10 Nov 2011, 11:08