Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 20:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Hello from Indiana U Kelley School of Business...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Hello from Indiana U Kelley School of Business... [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2007, 17:50
Hey everyone...

It is 90s as far as the eye can see out here in Bloomington, Indiana. I got here on the 16th of July and have been setting up my place since. I also have spent sometime by the pool and I am about as tan as I have ever been in my life. I had an Excel pre-course today at the business school. I will be taking about a week of Excel classes because I didn't work much with Excel in my prior job. You can take accounting and finance too, but I didn't as a result of my recent CFA experiences. B-school is definately all about excell... Here corporate finance, managerial economics, and quantitative methods are all taught in Excel. I am excited as I know quant from the CFA using equations and tables... it will be cool to see how to do it using Excel and stats software. At any rate, I am beginning to strongly believe that this is a true gem of a program that is not recognized enough on GMATclub. I'd urge all GMATclubers to apply... I know some who had higher GMAT scores did very well with merit aid as well.

Have fun all my 09'ers in other programs! Enjoy what you can before the real first semester crunch begins.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 179 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2007, 18:22
Good luck, Mark! Welcome to the midwest....
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2007, 06:07
Hi! Mark,

I saw your post and thought I should write to you to clear a few doubts.

I am interested in applying to Kelley.However, my score is only a 640.....

I belong to India but dont quite fit the typical Indian profile of a GMATter.

I'm not an engineer, I dont work in the IT business and Instead of being Brilliant at quant and low on english, I am Good in English and suck at quant.

I do have a decent amount of experience.Ran my own company, Traded commodities working for two of the top companies in the Commodities business.Spend time working in Africa, europe and the middle east.

I have been really good at extra curriculars too.GPA isnt that bad but isnt that great either.

Do you think my kinda profile would be able to get through with the score I have.I know kelley takes people with a higher score than I have.

I'm wondering whether I should aplly with this score now or retake the GMAT and then apply with an improved score.

I'll wait for your reply...

Cheers
Ashish
Director
Director
Affiliations: FRM Charter holder
Schools: Stanford, Chicago Booth, Babson College
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2007, 06:12
ashish.mahendra wrote:
Hi! Mark,

I saw your post and thought I should write to you to clear a few doubts.

I am interested in applying to Kelley.However, my score is only a 640.....

I belong to India but dont quite fit the typical Indian profile of a GMATter.

I'm not an engineer, I dont work in the IT business and Instead of being Brilliant at quant and low on english, I am Good in English and suck at quant.

I do have a decent amount of experience.Ran my own company, Traded commodities working for two of the top companies in the Commodities business.Spend time working in Africa, europe and the middle east.

I have been really good at extra curriculars too.GPA isnt that bad but isnt that great either.

Do you think my kinda profile would be able to get through with the score I have.I know kelley takes people with a higher score than I have.

I'm wondering whether I should aplly with this score now or retake the GMAT and then apply with an improved score.

I'll wait for your reply...

Cheers
Ashish

Ashish, I think you have an interesting profile. I believe your GMAT score won't be a barrier for any school expect those in U/E cluster. My 2 cents ;)
SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Hello from Indiana U Kelley School of Business... [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2007, 07:04
Mark4124 wrote:
I will be taking about a week of Excel classes because I didn't work much with Excel in my prior job.

Long time no post Mark. Glad to see you're enjoying Indiana.

Quick question - how much excel do they expect you to know? Could you give a quick example?
VP
VP
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 183 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2007, 20:32
Welcome back, Mark, do keep us posted of your experiences.

L.
  [#permalink] 17 Oct 2007, 20:32