Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 21:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help? 320 on first GMAT Prep Test

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tuck '16
GMAT Date: 11-23-2012
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Help? 320 on first GMAT Prep Test [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2012, 12:17
Hi everyone,

I am just starting out on my GMAT journey I took the first GMAT prep (I only have one left) to see what this GMAT is all about. How it is structured etc. So I took the first prep exam and bombed horrendously because halfway through it I was just so tired and do not understand what I am supposed to do. So much words!

Anyways, is there anything I can do? I bought the 8 strategy, I am thinking of studying all of it. I also just bought the GMAC OG so after I do the Manhattan books I will do that. I also bought a Math review Official book. I am just freaking out because I thought with the basic math I could score at least a 400 and then study from there. When I saw my score I realized I needed help in ALL the aspects. I am planning to take the real GMAT at the end of November.

Bookmark topic
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GPA: 3.02
WE: Other (Education)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Help? 320 on first GMAT Prep Test [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2012, 13:45
This post received
KUDOS
I got around the same score on my first GMATPrep test - I know I definitely didn't break 400. I'm a native, which made it worse! If you can afford it, take a class. If not, MGMAT books are helpful. Good luck!

Long journey, but not impossible.

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9405 [0], given: 3697

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Help? 320 on first GMAT Prep Test [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2012, 13:49
Expert's post
Sorry to hear about the experience! That's tough to start at that mark.

Take a look at this study plan that may work with your MGMAT Guides: gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

I would also recommend MGMAT Math Foundations and MGMAT Verbal Foundations.
It is a lot of stuff/books but doable if you put your effort into it. I would not get to the OG or the MGMAT Guides before covering the foundations books.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Help? 320 on first GMAT Prep Test [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2012, 14:11
Don't feel bad, for someone who has never seen any of the question formats or anything I don't think its a huge deal. I am also just starting out my journey after a long time of going back and forth on going for it or not. I signed up for a Manhattan class that starts in a month and have been going through the Foundations of Math. I am just about half way through and it really does help so much - its amazing how many simple things/rules you forget. I haven't gone into acutal gmat questions hard core yet but I can glance at them now and recognize the type of problem almost immediately whereas before I couldn't even figure out what the question wanted out of me :)

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tuck '16
GMAT Date: 11-23-2012

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Help? 320 on first GMAT Prep Test [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2012, 17:21
Hi everyone!

Thank you for the advice and reassurance. I will follow your advice. It's just at this point i have 2 months to study for the GMAT and I have to make everyday count and don't know where to start. I will use BB's study plan, it's really great.

Thank you again!!!
BSchool Thread Master
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Schools: XLRI (A)
GMAT 1: 570 Q49 V19
GMAT 2: 700 Q51 V31
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 58

Kudos [?]: 252 [0], given: 44

Premium Member
Re: Help? 320 on first GMAT Prep Test [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2012, 00:38
Hi,

The very first thing iw ant to say is don't worry. Everyone does bad in teh first test. It's about how hard you can prepare and bounce back!
Check out my signature for "How to start GMAT Preperations" and "how to improve quant score" links.
Good Luck!

ankit
you must believe

How to start GMAT preparations?
How to Improve Quant Score?
gmatclub topic tags
Check out my GMAT debrief
Thursdays with Ron link
Looking for a Quant tutor? Check out my post for the same!

Combined Formula Sheet :
Number Properties || Word Problems and PnC || Equations, Inequalities || Geometry

How to Solve :
Statistics || Reflection of a line || Remainder Problems

Re: Help? 320 on first GMAT Prep Test   [#permalink] 28 Sep 2012, 00:38