Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 11:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help Contribute in my 30 Days GMAT Plan

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 02-03-2014
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 10

Help Contribute in my 30 Days GMAT Plan [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2014, 15:08
Hello Everyone,

I need you help as I have only 3 weeks. :roll:
I planned my GMAT last year, but it had to get postponed due to the reason that I had no passport.
Now, 10 days ago, I cancelled my New Year Vacation to Goa and thought of giving the GMAT first.
So I booked a date for 3rd of Feb. I have taken Princeton Classroom course last year but couldn't focus on practising much due to work and no passport.
So, I ended up having cold feet when I saw TPR mock scores of 450-470.(Q-36/30 and V-17/26)

Now I am studying by self prep since last week with some help from CAT teachers from IMS who have no experience in GMAT but help me build concepts.
I use Manhattan 5th Edition Guides and some online videos and other free resources. Plus IMS material and TPR material.

Last Night, I couldn't sleep till 4 AM, so I decided to take the GMAT Prep 1 as my internet was down.
Alas, I scored 570(Q-47 V-22) on this and got all boosted up for my further prep.
I guessed like 5-6 questions at the last in Quant. I always struggle with timing on Quant.
I was able to complete the Verbal section on time cause I guessed some Qs in the middle.

I would really like some expert help as I have very less time and I'm very weak in verbal.
I am not that bad in spoken English but GMAT gives me goosebumps.
I am pretty bad in CR and RC cause I've never been fond of reading except internet blogs and news on gadgets and gizmos.
So, I tend to skip CR questions(and some RC questions) without giving much time. I'm okay(average) with SC.

On the Quant part, I'm okay with numbers and percentages. Bad in Co-od Geo and Probability.
I'm still not done with all MGMAT guides, just finished FDP one.
I usually scored 30-35 in normal tests but seeing the 47 in GMAT prep was unexpected. Is the software correct?

So, I'll not make you guys read more of this long post. :)
Just want some help.

PS: I aim for 700+

Last edited by enforcer on 06 Jan 2014, 10:15, edited 1 time in total.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 02-03-2014
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 10

Re: Help Contribute in my 30 Days GMAT Plan [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2014, 10:12
Anyone here ???
Expert Post
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Premium Member
Re: Help Contribute in my 30 Days GMAT Plan [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2014, 10:40
Expert's post
Hi there,

Wow, 3 weeks! That's quite a quick study term, but we'd be happy to help. We have custom short-term plans with extra practice exams to help those who need to cram (though we'd recommend at least 8 weeks to study!)

Give us a call at +1 866 292 0600 and we can discuss some options.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Elizabeth

Liz
http://econgm.at/KvjVSi
Economist GMAT Tutor
(866) 292-0660

Re: Help Contribute in my 30 Days GMAT Plan   [#permalink] 06 Jan 2014, 10:40