Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 13:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HELP! Enrollment deadline before other school decisions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: Q V0
GPA: 3.35
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 16

HELP! Enrollment deadline before other school decisions [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2013, 15:07
Hey guys,

I'm in a unique situation. I applied to UNC MBA program before completing my two other target schools Chicago Booth and Kellogg. UNC admitted me (thankfully) but the intent to enroll is due 12/31. I am just now completing the Chicago Booth and Northwestern applications. They likely wont be turned in until 12/11 (waiting on a recommender). It is now unlikely that I will receive a decision from Booth or Kellogg before 12/31. What do I do?? UNC is my backup school but Booth is my top choice.

Do I just pay the $1500 non refundable deposit and fill out the intent to enroll and withdrawal if I get into Booth?

What are the consequences of intending to enroll and then not enrolling? I am applying to all schools for the April 2014 Cohort.
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 98

Kudos [?]: 401 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: HELP! Enrollment deadline before other school decisions [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2013, 13:06
Nothing happens if you withdraw your enrollment. You simply don't get your money back. I did it during my application season (paid deposit at Kellogg, enrolled at Booth). It's an externality of staggering your apps.

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: Q V0
GPA: 3.35
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 16

Re: HELP! Enrollment deadline before other school decisions [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2013, 15:09
thanks a lot for the information. was getting worried. I guess I'll be prepared to lose the deposit

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: HELP! Enrollment deadline before other school decisions [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2013, 11:15
I know someone who was in a similar circumstance with another school, and the school agreed to extend the deadline. It would probably not hurt to ask since the worst they can say is no. (If they agree to extend it, I would ask them to send you a confirmation in writing just to be safe.)
Re: HELP! Enrollment deadline before other school decisions   [#permalink] 14 Dec 2013, 11:15