Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 00:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HELP - Exam in 3 days! Second Write

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

HELP - Exam in 3 days! Second Write [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2006, 15:08
Hi everyone,

I have written the GMAT once before was not ready at all and didnt really study much for it and scored below 500, not good.

I am writing the Kaplan cats's now at http://www.kaptest.com and getting in the mid 500's with Q around 35-40 and V around 25-30

What should I expect from the real test? ... its in 3 days, scared like crazy!

My application includes 5 years of work experience.. an honors undergrad and an accounting designation .. but a very low GPA... i'm hopin' a 600+ ?

HELP! Thank you!
Rahul
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2006, 16:55
kind of late to ask for help... just try to stay calm and believe in your preparation. you can't change much in 3 days... take a GMATPrep practice test and expect your score to be in that range.

good luck
Intern
Intern

hi [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2006, 21:04
u2lover wrote:
kind of late to ask for help... just try to stay calm and believe in your preparation. you can't change much in 3 days... take a GMATPrep practice test and expect your score to be in that range.

good luck

I just found the site, amazing site, should have found it sooner! ... i'm applying for Jan starts and my app is in .. lets hope for the best.

Thanks though.

Rahul
SVP
SVP
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 93 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: HELP - Exam in 3 days! Second Write [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2006, 01:18
rchawla80 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have written the GMAT once before was not ready at all and didnt really study much for it and scored below 500, not good.

I am writing the Kaplan cats's now at http://www.kaptest.com and getting in the mid 500's with Q around 35-40 and V around 25-30What should I expect from the real test? ... its in 3 days, scared like crazy!

My application includes 5 years of work experience.. an honors undergrad and an accounting designation .. but a very low GPA... i'm hopin' a 600+ ?

HELP! Thank you!
Rahul

As I know Kaplan tests are tougher( many GMAT acers got scores of 600+ on these tests but 700+ in real ones), please don't be down by those results. Just try to calm yourself down from now on till your G-day is done ..good mood can lift things! Wish you good lucks on your test-day!! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2006, 01:37
I am sorry to discourage you but I do not agree with laxieqv. The exams that you do now are actually easier then the real thing. The Kaplan test considered harder are those from the Kaplan CD and not their on-line tests. In any event, do the GMATPrep to get more accurate evaluation of your performance.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 93 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2006, 02:21
deowl wrote:
I am sorry to discourage you but I do not agree with laxieqv. The exams that you do now are actually easier then the real thing. The Kaplan test considered harder are those from the Kaplan CD and not their on-line tests. In any event, do the GMATPrep to get more accurate evaluation of your performance.

So are they different?! It's just my observation from what others divulged here ...I have never tried Kaplan's tests since the numbers yielded from them, i mean the scores, are normally quite discouraging ...yes, agree that GMATprep is the most accurate indicator but many questions there have been posted here and so for those who have prepped a lot before trying those tests, they will see a lot of overlaps.
Intern
Intern

???! [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2006, 10:05
deowl wrote:

The online tests are different than the cd ones? I called Kap centre and they told me their tests are generally harder?

Help!

R
???!   [#permalink] 24 Jul 2006, 10:05