Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Aug 2014, 00:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help for Re-attempt

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Sahil: Bansal
GMAT 1: 570 Q49 V20
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 42

GMAT ToolKit User
Help for Re-attempt [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2013, 22:19
Hello,

I had attempted for my GMAT on 25-08.2013, but i am very disappointed by my result. Quant was ok but Verbal was very difficult. As i remeber correctly, when I reached question number in 21 in verbal section i had only 32 minutes left on the clock. I had to rush to complete my verbal section. This further added to my bad score. Verbal section was very difficult with two long passages and i could hardly understand the questions.
For quant as well I was able to make 35 questions in Time with 75 sec for last two questions, but i marked the options and proceeded.

I am very ashamed and my breakup is as follows:
GMAT 570
Quant 49
Verbal 20

Background:

An Indian IT consultant with 4 years experience. I have taken all the gmat prep test and one each from MGMAT and Veritas prep

I had got 670(q46v36) and 720(q50v36) in GMAT Prep. 670 in Veritas prep test. 640 in MGMAT

Target: Apply to start MBA in 2014

Please help me decide how to restart and by when should i plan to take my test.

Any suggestions will be helpful for me.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Followers: 495

Kudos [?]: 2031 [0], given: 30

Re: Help for Re-attempt [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2013, 12:33
Expert's post
bsahil wrote:
Hello,

I had attempted for my GMAT on 25-08.2013, but i am very disappointed by my result. Quant was ok but Verbal was very difficult. As i remeber correctly, when I reached question number in 21 in verbal section i had only 32 minutes left on the clock. I had to rush to complete my verbal section. This further added to my bad score. Verbal section was very difficult with two long passages and i could hardly understand the questions.
For quant as well I was able to make 35 questions in Time with 75 sec for last two questions, but i marked the options and proceeded.

GMAT 570 (Quant 49 , Verbal 20)

Background:
An Indian IT consultant with 4 years experience. I have taken all the gmat prep test and one each from MGMAT and Veritas prep
I had got 670(q46v36) and 720(q50v36) in GMAT Prep. 670 in Veritas prep test. 640 in MGMAT

Dear bsahil,
I'm happy to give my suggestions.
I would recommend --- retake in six months, and follow this six month plan:
http://magoosh.com/gmat/2012/6-month-gm ... -schedule/
Over and above that plan, over and above any GMAT prep you do, I highly recommend that you read:
http://magoosh.com/gmat/2012/gmat-reading-list/
Read challenging reading such as these recommend pieces for at least an hour a day.
Just to give you some practice, here's a practice RC question:
http://gmat.magoosh.com/questions/3464
Here's a practice CR question:
http://gmat.magoosh.com/questions/3150
Here's a practice SC question:
http://gmat.magoosh.com/questions/3284

I hope all this helps.
Mike :-)

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1087

Kudos [?]: 4875 [0], given: 163

Re: Help for Re-attempt [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2013, 22:00
Expert's post
bsahil wrote:
Hello,

GMAT 570
Quant 49
Verbal 20

Background:

The good thing is that you have plenty of time. As Mike suggested, you should start some serious reading. If you found the passages difficult to understand, you probably don't read for leisure. Pick up some non-academic books. While travelling/on your daily commute, ensure you always have a book with you. That will take care of a lot of RC/SC issues.
Also, I see that your Verbal score in actual GMAT is much lower than your Verbal score in GMAT Prep. I have discussed some reasons for this in my post: http://www.veritasprep.com/blog/2013/08 ... bal-score/

Also, practice a few questions of each question type everyday. Pick only a handful of questions but go through them thoroughly and jot down the takeaways.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: Help for Re-attempt   [#permalink] 26 Aug 2013, 22:00