Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 15:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HELP: GMAT Prep thus far

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: HKUST
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

HELP: GMAT Prep thus far [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2011, 18:40
Hi,

My exam is in approximately 3 weeks. Since the past 2 weeks I have attempted around 3 - 4 practice tests (Manhattan + GMAT Prep). My score averages around 600 Q43-46, V23-28 I am simultaneously working through the Master GMAT weekly course aswell. My score doesnt seem to have improved. I would like my score to be 50 - 60 points higher. I seem to be making a few (4-5) silly mistakes in Math every test.

Could I please get some advice regarding my POA from here on. I have tried to identify areas I lack in for Quant. I am reviewing the concept again from OG 12 Review and working through the qs in OG12 and Quant Review by topic.

For Verbal, I think my weakness is SC. I have the MGMAT SC,CR and RC guides. I dont think I have thoroughly gone through the SC guide. I have heard people can score a really good in SC once you master the rules. Second weakness would be CR and then RC. For these 2 areas, I was thinking of practicing 10 qs on a once in 2 - 3 days basis.

As my exam is not too far, I want to adopt a productive plan. Could I get others opinion on this pls? I need a score in the late 600s.

Thanks
Aanchal
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: HELP: GMAT Prep thus far [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 03:34
Hello Aanchal

Firstly we would say that stay positive and such anxieties are common during exam preparation time. Juggling between work and studies is tough so you need to define a significant time for your GMAT preparation. Sometimes taking few days off work for preparing for the GMAT can help a person tremendously. Take practise GMAT tests to see how you are doing.

However we recommend you to keep taking practise tests to gauge your performance. It will help you in identifying your weak areas and you can focus on them accordingly.
There are various ways you can use to practise for your GMAT. You might need to change your practise style and try this combination to provide you flexibility and different styles to practise so it doesn’t get monotonous.

It could be combination of- 1-Books- Books like- The Official Guide for GMAT Review, The Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review, The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review etc could be used.

2-Online Study Guide: Websites like Knewton, Grockit etc provide you with practise questions online.

3-Smart phone applications- Kaplan, Veritas etc offer applications to prepare for GMAT on your smart phones.

Hope this helps

Thanks!
Kavita Singh
FutureWorks Consulting
Pre Application Strategies|Admission Consulting |Pre-Departure Coaching|Workshops

Find out where you stand with our Free Assessment Test or drop your resume at kavita@futureworks.co.in

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 190 [0], given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: HELP: GMAT Prep thus far [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 04:32
I think it would be in your best interest to try and improve verbal as much as you can because an increase in your verbal score will have a greater positive impact in your overall gmat score than an increase in quant score.

Powerscore CR Bible Full Chapter Notes | Easily Extend Vocabulary List with Google Dictionary

Please kudo me if you found my post useful. Thanks!!! :)

Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Schools: MBA, Thunderbird School of Global Management / BA, Wesleyan University
Followers: 75

Kudos [?]: 109 [0], given: 7

Re: HELP: GMAT Prep thus far [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 14:39
Aanchal,

Thanks for posting. I am happy to help but I'd really like some more information before I help you develop a game plan. I want to make sure my plan is on point!

Here's what I'd like to recommend:

1. Visit this link and perform the analysis described there. http://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... ice-tests/

2. Come back here and show me your analysis.

3. I'll help you from there on out.

Sound like a plan? I'll get a reply when you post again.

Thanks,

Brett

Brett Beach-Kimball | Manhattan GMAT Instructor

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Re: HELP: GMAT Prep thus far   [#permalink] 13 Jul 2011, 14:39