Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 02:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help // Good, intensive 4 week study plan wanted

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Help // Good, intensive 4 week study plan wanted [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 08:21
Hi all,

I have my test in 4 weeks time, I started to prepare 1,5 weeks ago and I am aiming at 700 score.

I have good understanding of math, but it’s been a few years since I applied most of the GMAT stuff.
I am not a native English speaker but I have been living in the UK for a couple of years now.

I have had a good feeling for achieving my goals so far, but today I got this cold panic feeling for the first time, were I fear time is running away and I will do miserable on the test. So I decided to come here for some comfort and support.

I need to refocus on my study plan to get me back on track (I am not working so I can devote most of the day this preparation). There have been very good study plans suggested on the forum but most of them are aimed at 3-4 months.

Questions:
My strategy has been to touch base with all the fundamentals and get familiar with the test and topics before taking on the tests, Is that a mistake should I start focus on test earlier ?

Should I study Math and Verbal simultaneously? Or Should I maybe give 1 week to Verbal and 1 week to math?

Time , I have not been timing me so far, is it crucial to begin with that asap ?

This is what I have done for the last 1,5 week.
Math
OG 12th edition
Prep test – result OK
OG 12th About first 100 questions in Problem Solving
OG 12th About first 100 questions in Data Sufficiency
Number Properties MGMT , gone through half of that
Verbal,
4 first chapters In the GMAT Critical Reasoning bible
4 first chapters in SC from MGMAT

I also have the Kaplan GMAT Premier Book

All in all I don´t think I need a lot of more material, rather focus

I have about 4 good weeks to do brake this, all the help, pointers on/and/or a Good intensive study plan are highly appreciated.

I will come back and report on how it all played out for me,
many thanks in advance…
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: Help // Good, intensive 4 week study plan wanted [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 08:45
Here I found this here in the forum, I can maybe adapt this to 4 weeks

1. First Section : Quantitative Section ( First Month): Real Basics for Number Systems , Inequalities, Equations, Percents, Geometery, Word problems, Permutation & Combination , Probability.
Maintain an error log from the practice questions when you cover each section. After 1 month - give 2 GMAT CLUB Quantitative tests. Get a broad understanding of where you stand, compare it with your error log and work on corresponding topics ( Take 2-3 weeks for it). Give 3 GMAT CLUB Quantitative tests after error log review.

2. Second Section : Verbal ( SC,CR,RC): Since I am an international I plan to give review the basics for grammar and then tackle SC. Review the guides for Verbal Sections available. Maintain an error log. After 1 month of time with Verbal, take 2 practice tests for Verbal Section. Analyze your practice tests, your mistakes, weakness and review those thing again for another 2-3 weeks.

3. Computer Adaptive tests : Practice as much as tests I can . review the results, error log . Tackle your weakness accordingly.

This type of concerte approach should help us reach where we want to in our GMAT SCORE .

THIS ALL IS COMPLETELY DEPENDENT ON OUR DEDICATION TOWARDS THIS TEST / CAREER
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Followers: 58

Kudos [?]: 498 [0], given: 157

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Help // Good, intensive 4 week study plan wanted [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2010, 06:16
Hi hafgola, welcome to gmat club.

I think your plan sounds good but missing an intial diagnostic test. You should take the first gmat prep test to analyze your weak areas. Dont wait till the end. Just take your first CAT.

Best of luck & keep us posted.

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: Help // Good, intensive 4 week study plan wanted [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2010, 06:35
Hi Hussain15, thanks for the reply - will do that right away and keep u posted
Intern
Intern

Re: Help // Good, intensive 4 week study plan wanted [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2010, 16:08
Hi I scored 460 on my first test yesterday, but actually I felt not so bad, I used up my time and had to skip 3-4 questions, and when I reviewed the Math section I noticed that many of the errors were relatively easy formulas that I did not know or basic mistakes, so now I know what to expect:
Verbal will be a bit more murky, I will devote next week to it and dig into grammar and SC.
I shall keep you posted, have a nice weekend
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.59
WE: Corporate Finance (Entertainment and Sports)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 33

Re: Help // Good, intensive 4 week study plan wanted [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2010, 20:16
I agree with this for a four week period. Good luck man.

hafgola wrote:
Here I found this here in the forum, I can maybe adapt this to 4 weeks

1. First Section : Quantitative Section ( First Month): Real Basics for Number Systems , Inequalities, Equations, Percents, Geometery, Word problems, Permutation & Combination , Probability.
Maintain an error log from the practice questions when you cover each section. After 1 month - give 2 GMAT CLUB Quantitative tests. Get a broad understanding of where you stand, compare it with your error log and work on corresponding topics ( Take 2-3 weeks for it). Give 3 GMAT CLUB Quantitative tests after error log review.

2. Second Section : Verbal ( SC,CR,RC): Since I am an international I plan to give review the basics for grammar and then tackle SC. Review the guides for Verbal Sections available. Maintain an error log. After 1 month of time with Verbal, take 2 practice tests for Verbal Section. Analyze your practice tests, your mistakes, weakness and review those thing again for another 2-3 weeks.

3. Computer Adaptive tests : Practice as much as tests I can . review the results, error log . Tackle your weakness accordingly.

This type of concerte approach should help us reach where we want to in our GMAT SCORE .

THIS ALL IS COMPLETELY DEPENDENT ON OUR DEDICATION TOWARDS THIS TEST / CAREER
Re: Help // Good, intensive 4 week study plan wanted   [#permalink] 30 Nov 2010, 20:16