Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 22:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help! I get stuck in 550!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Help! I get stuck in 550! [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2013, 09:02
Hi everybody,

I am writing to you because I would need your advice and feedback. I am going to take the GMAT test next week for first time, I started studying in November, I went through the Official GMAT guide, 4 Manhattan guides, I bought the GMAT Economist preparation tool and I completed and... as result, I am stuck in 560! I do realise how much I have learnt, but when I do simulation test all I can get is around 550 ( I am using KAPLAN software). Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I read different theories, maybe I am not answering correctly the first 5 questions, or maybe if I run out of time I guess the last 5 questions and that is hurting my score...

I would really appreciate if someone could help me.

Many thanks,

Nuria Olmos
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1029

Kudos [?]: 4475 [1] , given: 162

Re: Help! I get stuck in 550! [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2013, 20:40
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
nuriao wrote:
Hi everybody,

I am writing to you because I would need your advice and feedback. I am going to take the GMAT test next week for first time, I started studying in November, I went through the Official GMAT guide, 4 Manhattan guides, I bought the GMAT Economist preparation tool and I completed and... as result, I am stuck in 560! I do realise how much I have learnt, but when I do simulation test all I can get is around 550 ( I am using KAPLAN software). Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I read different theories, maybe I am not answering correctly the first 5 questions, or maybe if I run out of time I guess the last 5 questions and that is hurting my score...

I would really appreciate if someone could help me.

Many thanks,

Nuria Olmos

Try out a GMAT prep test from mba.com. If you get around 550 in that, it means that's how prepared you are right now. If you desire a higher score, you might want to think about postponing the test for a couple of months. First 5 or last 5 questions will not have a very big impact. Every question matters.

It's not about how many books you have covered, it's about how well you have covered them. Without more details about your preparation, I cannot suggest strategies you can use but let me say one important thing - GMAT is a test of higher order skills - your logic and reasoning. Just going through books does not develop those skills - you need to question your core concepts and figure out whether they are strong. Then you need to build on them.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: Help! I get stuck in 550!   [#permalink] 31 Mar 2013, 20:40