Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 06:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help in Selecting University for Ms Finance Program

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q49 V37
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Help in Selecting University for Ms Finance Program [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 23:58
Hi,

I am interested in going into investment banking or equity research portfolios and therefore want to enter a Masters in finance program. Plz recommend me the best universities as per my profile.

Profile details:

- GMAT : 700 (Q49, V37)
- TOEFL : 102
- CFA Level 1 cleared
- Chartered Accountant (in Practice from 1 year) (cleared all exams in first attempt)
- 36months internship (while pursuing BCom and CA)
- Company Secretary (CS)(cleared executive first attempt and final in December 2013)
- Bcom(Mumbai University) with 78%
- HSC 82% and SSC 80%
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

Re: Help in Selecting University for Ms Finance Program [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2013, 18:39
In the US, the standard set. Nova, Boston College, WUSTL, Vanderbilt, MIT, USC (new program), UT Austin, Ohio State, etc etc.

In the UK, LSE, LBS, Oxford/Cambridge, Imperial, Warwick.

In Europe, SSE, Bocconi, ESEADE, INSEAD, St. Gallen, Etc. Tons of good schools.

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Help in Selecting University for Ms Finance Program [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2013, 09:54
I'm a first-attempt IPCC pass and left CA because it didn't coincide with my career goals (still pursuing B.com). First of all this is the information I've gathered through independent research, so take it with a grain of salt. A lot of CAs from India are applying to colleges in the USA albeit in the MBA programs. Your profile will be evaluated on 4 fronts:- Academics, Work ex, Objectives (GMAT, TOEFL etc) and extra curricular activities.
By your post I can see that you've got solid academics, articleship and GMAT scores. Your weakest link is your extra curriculars (unless you have some solid ones but didn't mention).
Colleges do not like bi-polar people, people with 800 on the GMAT are rejected by colleges every year because they have some missing links. They prefer balanced people who can contribute something to the community and not just smart Asians who are good in studies (they have plenty of those over there in the US).
Aside from the extra curriculars, you're a near perfect candidate and any college will be lucky to have you. I'm graduating in 2015, and I plan to apply to MIT, Duke, Vanderbilt, UT Austin, WUSTL, Boston College and one of USC, JHU, Fordham and Northeastern.

PM me if you want to clarify something that's not clear in my post.
Re: Help in Selecting University for Ms Finance Program   [#permalink] 08 Oct 2013, 09:54