Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 09:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help! McDonough v Kenan-Flagler

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Help! Kenan-Flagler or McDonough?

• 55% [10]
  • 44% [8]
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Help! McDonough v Kenan-Flagler [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 19:18
Hi All,

I have been accepted to both Kenan-Flagler and McDonough and am struggling with the decision. I visited McDonough and really liked the campus and school but will need to make a decision before I am able to visit UNC. I hope to get into Management Consulting or VC after graduating and would prefer to work in NYC, DC, Chicago, or Philly.

I'd appreciate any opinions!

Thanks!
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 62 [2] , given: 107

Re: Help! McDonough v Kenan-Flagler [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 09:55
This post received
KUDOS
If I were in your shoes, I'd probably go with McDonough. They are roughly peer schools rankings-wise, both have MBB recruiting (no idea about VC, but that always seems to be more student-driven, anyway), but you already like McDonough and it's a good pick for the cities you want to work in. At UNC, the consulting firms are likely to be recruiting for the southern offices.

FWIW I visited both, sat in on classes, and talked to many different students at each school. I personally liked UNC a little bit better (students were a little friendlier in my opinion and the campus was gorgeous), but it has a very southern feel and that's not what I was looking for.

Another thing to keep in mind is that as a student, you can typically leverage the entire alumni pool to some extent (undergrad+grad) and I definitely think the Georgetown brand will be stronger for you in that regard.

Let us know what you decide!
Re: Help! McDonough v Kenan-Flagler   [#permalink] 03 May 2013, 09:55