Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 11 Jul 2014, 00:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help me

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT Date: 11-08-2013
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 16

Help me [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 22:40
This post was
BOOKMARKED
I am going to give my first gmat on November 21st 2013. but still i am scoring only 530-520 range. Maths - 45-46 Verbal- 18-20.

Actually, i am giving most wrong answers in first 15 questions and for rest of the questions i am giving correct answer.

say, in verbal out of first 15, 13 are wrong, in rest of the questions only 7 are wrong.

Help me improve my score in both verbal and maths.

I am planning to apply for colleges in second round. Can i improve my score? or still there is a possibility to give second attempt on December end.

Please guide me.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 67 [1] , given: 21

Re: Help me [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2013, 12:01
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
vijayann wrote:
I am going to give my first gmat on November 21st 2013. but still i am scoring only 530-520 range. Maths - 45-46 Verbal- 18-20.

Actually, i am giving most wrong answers in first 15 questions and for rest of the questions i am giving correct answer.

say, in verbal out of first 15, 13 are wrong, in rest of the questions only 7 are wrong.

Help me improve my score in both verbal and maths.

I am planning to apply for colleges in second round. Can i improve my score? or still there is a possibility to give second attempt on December end.

Please guide me.

Hi!

With such a short amount of time left before your test, there is not a lot you can do to raise your score dramatically. Ultimately, the best thing you can do right now is keep doing practice problems and analyzing why you are missing problems. The more time you can spend analyzing questions you missed and understanding how to not make the same mistake again, the better you will do. Also, you should take at least a complete practice test before your test date. You want to build up your stamina for the 4 hour test.

The last day before your test, you should not do any studying. Make sure to sleep at least 8 hours. If you can, do some light exercise before your test.

Best of luck on the test!

Kevin Rocci
Magoosh Test Prep

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT Date: 11-08-2013
WE: Programming (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 16

Re: Help me [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2013, 19:31
Hi,
I have postponed my exam to December 7th. can u help me to get more mark?
Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1012

Kudos [?]: 4309 [0], given: 161

Re: Help me [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2013, 02:47
Expert's post
vijayann wrote:

The reason for this could be that in the beginning of the test, you get medium level questions. If you keep making mistakes in those, you start getting simpler questions.
Those could be the ones you are answering correctly. Also, are you hurrying through the first few questions?

To improve, you need to start right from the basics - the question types, what is expected of you, the common pitfalls, the commonly tested SC errors etc. Thereafter, you will need to practice and take some full length tests.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Help me [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2013, 06:37
vijayann wrote:

First, be attentive! Second, improve your skills, use intuition. Show your best!
Re: Help me   [#permalink] 21 Nov 2013, 06:37