Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 11:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help me

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Help me [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2003, 22:35
Hi Guys
I first visit this website and find here is really a helpful and adequate information, especially for preparing GMAT taker. I come from Taiwan and also plan to take GMAT test recently( twelve weeks later). Now, I have purchased some pre-workbooks, Official Guide 10th, kaplan 2003 CD-ROM, kaplan verbal workbook as well as math workbook and PrincetonтАЩs Review CD-ROM; however, I want to consult your from preparing experience for me how to do it. I wish to reach my GMAT scorces goal 600~650. Hope your can give me some concrete suggestion. In addition, is my preparing GMAT books ample stuff to exercise? Shall I buy the other books to prepare if I want to improve reading comprehension and increase vocabulary?
Other than GMAT, I also must take TOEFL test; would your know have other website having similar to this studygroup website to discuss experience and preparing methods?
Thank you! :(
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2230

Kudos [?]: 8336 [0], given: 3643

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Help me [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2003, 03:15
Expert's post
chihao wrote:
Hi Guys
I first visit this website and find here is really a helpful and adequate information, especially for preparing GMAT taker. I come from Taiwan and also plan to take GMAT test recently( twelve weeks later). Now, I have purchased some pre-workbooks, Official Guide 10th, kaplan 2003 CD-ROM, kaplan verbal workbook as well as math workbook and PrincetonтАЩs Review CD-ROM; however, I want to consult your from preparing experience for me how to do it. I wish to reach my GMAT scorces goal 600~650. Hope your can give me some concrete suggestion. In addition, is my preparing GMAT books ample stuff to exercise? Shall I buy the other books to prepare if I want to improve reading comprehension and increase vocabulary?
Other than GMAT, I also must take TOEFL test; would your know have other website having similar to this studygroup website to discuss experience and preparing methods?
Thank you! :(

Hi Chichao,

As to me, you have enought materials to bore anything out of yourself.

When I was preparing, I started with the Kaplan book with CD and then went to Vebal and Math Workbook. The first book and several tests that I took showed me what I still lacked and needed to patch. Also, the book with CD has general strategies whereas the Workbooks have more specific info. I think it is better to do it this way:
First you get the general picture, goals, etc
Then you concentrate on specifics

Princeton did not seem to be a great strategy resource, but it was good just to take a few tests.

I am an itnernational Student too and I used Cliff's TOEFL book, 1994 edition by Bobrow. I think it is the best item on the market - its grammar is especially good for the GMAT. I have just bought 3 copies of the book at the store here in Ukraine for a few friends of mine. I am not sure if you have those or not. The new edition on Amazon is no good.

You can also run a search about Official Guide and you will find a few tips how to better use that one since it shares the questions that are in the PowerPrep. PP is pretty much the only most accurate measure of your score.

Bogdan.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Help me [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2003, 08:36
Thank you, bb. I think you really are enthusastic man.
Your response is very beneficial and I believe this way should fortify my
verbal ability.
Today, I try to take GMAT test and experience tough emotion in the process of taking test to understand my English proficient level now.
My scorces is 410, verbal (only 8 ) and math( 42 )
Clearly, my verbal scorces is really poor, expecially CR and SC.
I find SC has difficult than OG and Princeton's book.
Besides studying pre-materials, shall I read more mangazine, newspaper and fiction?
Finally, I must be inquire you how to strengthen listening ability for non-native English?

Thank very much bb, again.

Chih-Hao
Re: Help me   [#permalink] 25 Apr 2003, 08:36