Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 08:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need help to asses my strategy

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Need help to asses my strategy [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2012, 15:39
Hello everyone,

I am hoping everyone can help me asses my strategy here. I am looking to write my GMAT late in June or early July, and want to begin studying in January.

First things first, here is material I think I should purchase:

Premium GMAT study Collection

Manhattan GMAT Set

Foundations of GMAT Math

MGMAT Advanced GMAT Quant

The PowerScore GMAT Critical Reasoning Bible

Foundations of GMAT Verbal

Are any of these redundant? Am I missing out by not purchasing Kaplan/Veritas books. Is there something I'm missing here?

THE PLAN

My plan is to spend January, February, and March studying the first two (Premium GMAT Study, Manhattan Set) and then going through the Manhattan tests.

From there I will dedicate two weeks - through April and May - to the remaining four guides and work through the questions.

In June, I will begin testing myself with the tests which come from the Premium GMAT Collection (as I keep reading that these are the most accurate in terms of what to expect) and will keep working on my technique and weaknesses.

Of course, there will be healthy dose of going through this forum throughout the process to solve questions and see others' reasoning.

My question here is: Am I missing any important material? Have I forgotten an essential? Does my schedule look good?

I would appreciate all advice. Also, I want to say that this is a great resource. The fact that so many people are willing to help others in their situation is amazing.

Cheers.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.48
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 18

Re: Need help to asses my strategy [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2012, 16:43
I would also purchase the official guide (OG13). Basically a collection of practice questions written by the makers of the GMAT. These questions are valuable in that they will be closest thing you can get to the actual questions you will see on the test (correct me if I'm wrong but I think the OG includes retired GMAT questions).

As far as redundancy of materials, I can only comment on what I used. I used the MGMAT guides for quant and SC and thought they were very valuable. I used powerscore cr but have been told that having both powerscore and MGMAT for cr would be redundant (the differences between the two are matter of personal preference). If possible, go to a bookstore and skim through both and see which methods you prefer.

Main thing just make sure not to get burned out in the 6-7 months you have planned

Posted from my mobile device Image
Re: Need help to asses my strategy   [#permalink] 21 Nov 2012, 16:43