Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 22:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help me choose... mim in ESSEC or ESCP

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Help me choose... mim in ESSEC or ESCP [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2012, 23:38
Hi. I just got an admit to ESSEC, ESCP and Em Lyon.. I dont know which school to choose. On one side, there is ESSEC with a campus in singapore, and this will open up doors to the emerging economies in asia. On the other side, there is ESCP with 5 campuses, and an excellent brand name. I am slightly inclined towards moving back to India after finishing the course, and ESCP has a double degree prog with the IIM's... Both schools have great internship opportunities, and programs. I absolutely cannot decide where to join.. Any suggestions about which school to choose would be immensely helpful?
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Re: Help me choose... mim in ESSEC or ESCP [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2012, 13:19
Expert's post
manubharath wrote:
Hi. I just got an admit to ESSEC, ESCP and Em Lyon.. I dont know which school to choose. On one side, there is ESSEC with a campus in singapore, and this will open up doors to the emerging economies in asia. On the other side, there is ESCP with 5 campuses, and an excellent brand name. I am slightly inclined towards moving back to India after finishing the course, and ESCP has a double degree prog with the IIM's... Both schools have great internship opportunities, and programs. I absolutely cannot decide where to join.. Any suggestions about which school to choose would be immensely helpful?

You definitely sound like you are considering the important factors in your decision process. I always recommend speaking with recent grads and current students about the "little things" like how the program helps you find internships and job placements in your intended field and region and how many alumni are established in your ideal field and region. A large alumni base means a wider network and an easier job search not just upon graduation but throughout the many years of your future career.

Regards,
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
jbloom@accepted.com
310-815-9553

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern

Re: Help me choose... mim in ESSEC or ESCP [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2012, 21:34
Thanks a lot jenniferbloom :) I tracked down a few people in both the colleges, and I've been given a lot of info about the programs and the networks. Now my mind is almost made up.. thanks..
Expert Post

Re: Help me choose... mim in ESSEC or ESCP [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 00:31
Expert's post
manubharath wrote:
Thanks a lot jenniferbloom :) I tracked down a few people in both the colleges, and I've been given a lot of info about the programs and the networks. Now my mind is almost made up.. thanks..

I'm glad to hear you are closer to a decision. I'd love to hear your decision and reasoning when you are ready!

Regards,
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
jbloom@accepted.com
310-815-9553

Intern
Intern

Re: Help me choose... mim in ESSEC or ESCP [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 21:48
I'm choosing the MiM program at ESSEC primarily because it has a campus in Asia, and getting an exposure to the Asian markets is something I really want. From what I heard about ESCP, I learnt that its courses focus mainly on the European markets and more specifically the French markets. Since I am not planning to settle down in Europe in the future, ESCP would not be the wisest choice (even though its ranked higher). Both the schools however have a great alumni network and employment stats, and ESSEC is a better choice for me specifically.
Expert Post

Re: Help me choose... mim in ESSEC or ESCP [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2012, 05:34
Expert's post
manubharath wrote:
I'm choosing the MiM program at ESSEC primarily because it has a campus in Asia, and getting an exposure to the Asian markets is something I really want. From what I heard about ESCP, I learnt that its courses focus mainly on the European markets and more specifically the French markets. Since I am not planning to settle down in Europe in the future, ESCP would not be the wisest choice (even though its ranked higher). Both the schools however have a great alumni network and employment stats, and ESSEC is a better choice for me specifically.

Thanks for sharing what you learned and how it guided your decision. I hope it helps others pursuing paths in France/Europe and Asia as well!

Regards,
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
jbloom@accepted.com
310-815-9553

Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Help me choose... mim in ESSEC or ESCP [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2012, 18:24
Hi Manubharath,
I'm glad you reached a decision. I will actually be attending ESCP Europe in Paris for my MIM as of this August. I have some questions regarding coursework/load/registration, etc., so I was wondering how did you manage to track down ESCP students to talk to while making your decision? I would really like to talk to some current/former students, so if you can help at all I would really appreciate it. Please let me know. Thank you!!
Expert Post

Re: Help me choose... mim in ESSEC or ESCP [#permalink] New post 02 May 2012, 03:49
Expert's post
ameya1490 wrote:
Hi Manubharath,
I'm glad you reached a decision. I will actually be attending ESCP Europe in Paris for my MIM as of this August. I have some questions regarding coursework/load/registration, etc., so I was wondering how did you manage to track down ESCP students to talk to while making your decision? I would really like to talk to some current/former students, so if you can help at all I would really appreciate it. Please let me know. Thank you!!

Most programs are happy to put you in touch with a few "ambassadors," plus you can often find contact information online through club websites and activities. Finally, I also find LinkedIn (and other similar networking sites) offer great search tools that help you find potential new contacts within each program.

Regards,
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
jbloom@accepted.com
310-815-9553