Joined: 17 Sep 2011
, given: 0
Help me with choosing the best school [#permalink]
17 Sep 2011, 10:00
Kindly consider my profile for a quick evaluation:
GMAT: 640 (AWA: 5.0)
Graduation: Throughout Distinction all 8 Sems. of Electronics Engineering (Bombay University, India)
Excellent academic record till date.
1) 10 Months in Accenture (IT) (Associate Software Engineer -- Didn't do much here. Tremendous IT Slowdown here)
2) 14 Months in a startup (Excellent experience here. Got to work directly on foreign client projects. Also, handled a really big Indian corporate attending meetings with CTOs and India Heads. Was a single POC for most projects)
3) Past 15 Months - Left my job to start a mobile marketing firm. Operated as a single consutant, with a small team to handle menial tasks. Revenues of over USD 150,000 in less than a single year. Got to partner with a leading Australian client. Currently working for Israel, UK and US based clients. Was also offered to setup an India office by the primary Australian client, which I refused citing I would like to maintain my firm's independence. The client also cited something about equity funding, M&A contracts etc. which I had no clue . Also, would like to understand how to scale up my business and hence felt a MBA (Entrepreneurship) could help me and gave the GMAT.. scoring 640.
1) My firm is marketing based, and considering my options, which MBA schools/courses will suit me the most? I am mostly thinking entrepreneurship with a blend of strategy/marketing courses, but would like help. Am a NEWBIE!
2) Anything which harms my profile currently and I can improve upon?
3) Chances of a scholarship?
FUTURE GOALS: Improve and polish my business skills. Interact with sharp business minds and interact with a smart international crowd. Settle, work and travel anywhere in Europe/US/Aus (Outside India) for the next 5 years.
Meanwhile my firm will continue to be managed in India, so I will keep generating revenues for the years to come.