Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Aug 2014, 01:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help me with schools with a low GMAT score

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Help me with schools with a low GMAT score [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2013, 21:25
Hello,

I am planning to apply for MBA program in Top 20-30 colleges for Fall 2014

1. Marriot School
2. U of Madison
3. Isenberg
4. Kelley

I got a 610 score on my GMAT and I am disheartened as I was scoring a lot more in my practice tests.

Being an applicant from India, I know it's not a good score and I don't have much time to retake the exam as the deadlines are approaching. Here's a bit abut my profile. I have experience of 3.5 years ( 4 years at matriculation) working as a Business Analyst and an Associate Project Manager in USA and India for Healthcare firms. Also, I started my own Fitness consulting firm in India and have been managing all the operations on my own.I did my undergrad from North Dakota State university and scored a GPA of 3.6. My academics are good.I am a certified Personal Trainer from 3 prestigious institutions. Additionally, I have been working with Non Government Organizations and involved in community services here in India. My extra curricular activities are good too. I think I have a good profile but I am not confident about my score.

I needed your guidance on my case. Do you think I should go ahead and apply with this score? I don't know if I have enough time to retake my exam and apply later for R3 deadlines . Please could you advice me on how I should approach my application process.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: Help me with schools with a low GMAT score [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2013, 23:13
telescopee0 wrote:
Hello,

I am planning to apply for MBA program in Top 20-30 colleges for Fall 2014

1. Marriot School
2. U of Madison
3. Isenberg
4. Kelley

I got a 610 score on my GMAT and I am disheartened as I was scoring a lot more in my practice tests.

Being an applicant from India, I know it's not a good score and I don't have much time to retake the exam as the deadlines are approaching. Here's a bit abut my profile. I have experience of 3.5 years ( 4 years at matriculation) working as a Business Analyst and an Associate Project Manager in USA and India for Healthcare firms. Also, I started my own Fitness consulting firm in India and have been managing all the operations on my own.I did my undergrad from North Dakota State university and scored a GPA of 3.6. My academics are good.I am a certified Personal Trainer from 3 prestigious institutions. Additionally, I have been working with Non Government Organizations and involved in community services here in India. My extra curricular activities are good too. I think I have a good profile but I am not confident about my score.

I needed your guidance on my case. Do you think I should go ahead and apply with this score? I don't know if I have enough time to retake my exam and apply later for R3 deadlines . Please could you advice me on how I should approach my application process.

Anyone?
Intern
Intern

Re: Help me with schools with a low GMAT score [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2013, 00:26
Hi
The GMAT averages of given schools are
School Avg GMAT (source: Business Week)
University of madison 677
kelley school of business 669
Isenberg school of Management 633
Marriott school of Management 670
If I were you, I would remove Isenberg and Marriott from the list. As your score is well below the average of most of the top schools and you are applying from a very competitive pool (INDIA),you have very few chances of getting into any of them. Rest of your credentials are good enough. So I recommend would you to retake GMAT and score a minimum of 650+ score to have a chance at these schools. A 650+ GMAT score and a good application will increase your chances.
you have very few chances of getting into any of them. Rest of your credentials is are good enough. So I recommend would you to retake GMAT and score a minimum of 650+ score to have a chance at these schools. A 650+ GMAT score and a good application will increase your chances Don’t apply in the third round. You have extremely minimal chances of getting in. It is better to apply next year in such a scenario. Also, consider applying to few European schools where they have four rounds.
You might want to read the following article about which round to apply.
http://www.interviewbay.com/blog/applyi ... u-the-edge
Good luck.

www.interviewbay.com
Mock Interview and Application review by Alumni
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 204 [0], given: 53

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Help me with schools with a low GMAT score [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2013, 14:11
Expert's post
Why not wait a year and retake the GMAT? You have a great profile aside from your GMAT, why not wait a year and go to a top 20 school? You'll get much better long-term career prospects.
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 499 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Help me with schools with a low GMAT score [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2013, 02:06
Expert's post
mgh234 wrote:
Why not wait a year and retake the GMAT? You have a great profile aside from your GMAT, why not wait a year and go to a top 20 school? You'll get much better long-term career prospects.

I'll agree with that....

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
GPA: 3.4

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Help me with schools with a low GMAT score [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2013, 09:20
Hi,

I too need a help here as I am really confused..
I got GMAT score of 650 and my GPA is 3.3.
I am a girl from India, IT background (a very competitive pool again). I have one year international exposure in Mexico in my 3.9 yr of IT experience and have even led a team of 10.
Below are the business schools that I am targetting:
Rotman
Schulich
Kelley
Foster
UC Davis

can someone please help me in shortlisting the schools? I am really confused if i should apply to these schools or there are other good schools that can accept my score too.. Applying next year is always an option but I am more interested in this year..

Pleeeassee help me with this..
Thanks
Intern
Intern

Re: Help me with schools with a low GMAT score [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2013, 20:01
Thanks for your insight. But could you tell me what's the reason for ruling out Marriot and especially Isenberg? Isenberg is closer to my average, is there anything i am missing?
interviewbay03 wrote:
Hi
The GMAT averages of given schools are
School Avg GMAT (source: Business Week)
University of madison 677
kelley school of business 669
Isenberg school of Management 633
Marriott school of Management 670
If I were you, I would remove Isenberg and Marriott from the list. As your score is well below the average of most of the top schools and you are applying from a very competitive pool (INDIA),you have very few chances of getting into any of them. Rest of your credentials are good enough. So I recommend would you to retake GMAT and score a minimum of 650+ score to have a chance at these schools. A 650+ GMAT score and a good application will increase your chances.
you have very few chances of getting into any of them. Rest of your credentials is are good enough. So I recommend would you to retake GMAT and score a minimum of 650+ score to have a chance at these schools. A 650+ GMAT score and a good application will increase your chances Don’t apply in the third round. You have extremely minimal chances of getting in. It is better to apply next year in such a scenario. Also, consider applying to few European schools where they have four rounds.
You might want to read the following article about which round to apply.
http://www.interviewbay.com/blog/applyi ... u-the-edge
Good luck.

http://www.interviewbay.com
Mock Interview and Application review by Alumni
Re: Help me with schools with a low GMAT score   [#permalink] 22 Nov 2013, 20:01