Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 11:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need advice!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.57
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Need advice! [#permalink] New post 21 Jul 2012, 23:59
I took the test yesterday and got such a bad score of 330 (V18, Q15). I am so much depressed and hopeless at this point. I spent almost three months(4 hours a day) to prepare for the test. I have finished all the MGMAT stategy guides (revised two times) OG12, 13 and OG quant 2 and the online videos "The GMAT Pill".

I am going to retake the test in a month. At this point, what do you people think the right thing for me to start with to get the good score . The school i am applying to needs the score of 550. Need your valubale advice!
:oops: :cry: :cry:

Thank you!
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CAT
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT Date: 07-02-2013
GPA: 3
WE: Analyst (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Need advice! [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2012, 00:38
Buddy

my suggestion is to slow down a bit.....mgmat books are really good...spend a lot of time understanding the basics and they practice....During this this you should also try different mocks...once you get around 600..then you should schedule your test....
550 is not difficult at all.....

--Dose'nt matter if you know whats wrong, Only matters if you take the initiative to correct it!--

Intern
Intern

Re: Need advice! [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2012, 01:27
By the way, I have already finished all the Mgmat strategy guides. The problem is what i see on the actual gmat questions doesn't relate the questions that was solved in the MGmat strategy guides. I mean it's more tougher and lots of inequalities and absolutes involved!! I was wondering, whether studying only these guides will be sufficient enough for the exam?? or do i have to look for some other books too. The hardest part for me was the DS. I dont know how to really tackle those questions!
Thank you for the suggestion!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V39
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.49
WE: Analyst (Insurance)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 17

GMAT Tests User
Re: Need advice! [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2012, 08:23
Use the mgmat archer and go through every problem in the official guide. The archer will give you the feedback you need as you apply yourself to getting better and better at the test. This will get your timing in order and it will introduce you to progressively harder concepts as you go. Then review your errors in depth and write down the right way to do the problems. These are the keys to improvement. Mgmat books aren't text books; they're texts to help you crack the official guid problems.

He that is in me > he that is in the world. - source 1 John 4:4

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Need advice! [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2012, 15:46
I am also try to get high result but its very hard to get high result for beginners but I will have to get high result as soon as well.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.48
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 18

Re: Need advice! [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2012, 22:11
Did you complete any practice CATs? If not, you might want to try those to acclimate yourself with the timing/pressure of the real test. Six are included with any MGMAT book. Six tests plus two free GMAT prep tests are more than enough IMO.
Intern
Intern

Re: Need advice! [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2012, 22:37
HImba88 wrote:
Did you complete any practice CATs? If not, you might want to try those to acclimate yourself with the timing/pressure of the real test. Six are included with any MGMAT book. Six tests plus two free GMAT prep tests are more than enough IMO.

I am going to give the prep test offered By MGMAT this week and also preparing for 600 questions bank from GMAT prep 1 and 2.
Recently, i have mgmat 4th edition strategy series book and i wonder are there a lot of changes in the math section in MGMAT 5th edition? Do you think i should get the 5th edition books or do i have to stay on the 4th edition?
Thanks a lot
Intern
Intern

Re: Need advice! [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2012, 22:39
waqasg4u wrote:
I am also try to get high result but its very hard to get high result for beginners but I will have to get high result as soon as well.

Pretty bad story, anyway i wont give up~
What materials do u use?
Intern
Intern

Re: Need advice! [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2012, 22:43
mbajamesbond wrote:
Buddy

my suggestion is to slow down a bit.....mgmat books are really good...spend a lot of time understanding the basics and they practice....During this this you should also try different mocks...once you get around 600..then you should schedule your test....
550 is not difficult at all.....

Hi there!
Would you give me some suggestiongs for preparing for the Verbal section? What's the best books to prepare for?
I recently have OG verbal book , manhattan series and OG 13 verbal part. Are there any specific books that you want me to recommend. I am hoping to raise my score from the verbal part. Damn this exam is killing me! Stress stress stress!
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.48
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 18

Re: Need advice! [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2012, 22:54
rajman41 wrote:
HImba88 wrote:

I am going to give the prep test offered By MGMAT this week and also preparing for 600 questions bank from GMAT prep 1 and 2.
Recently, i have mgmat 4th edition strategy series book and i wonder are there a lot of changes in the math section in MGMAT 5th edition? Do you think i should get the 5th edition books or do i have to stay on the 4th edition?
Thanks a lot

Personally, I thought the practice tests were helpful in becoming acclimated with the test. Not sure if you did any before you took the real thing. If I took the test cold without any practice beforehand I for sure would have struggled.

As far as the differences between the editions I'm not sure if I can help you on that one. I got the 5th edition books. I highly doubt that there are any drastic changes between the 4th and 5th editions. And especially not enough changes to justify the cost of purchasing new books.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Need advice! [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2012, 04:30
Any one show me the answers of GMAT ASAP! I really need them.
Re: Need advice!   [#permalink] 25 Jul 2012, 04:30